homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Extended Range Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Extended Range Guitars Welcome to everyone from ERG.com. Eight, Nine, Baritone and beyond discussion here.

Like Tree364Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-25-2009, 11:23 AM   #3501
The Decepticon

Triple7 is a splendid one to beholdTriple7 is a splendid one to beholdTriple7 is a splendid one to beholdTriple7 is a splendid one to beholdTriple7 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by GorillaSalsa View Post
Just to let you all know, got this email from Kurt:

Have you been getting in touch with Kurt through his profile on here or does he have a different email that he prefers questions sent to?

For some sweet progressive/grunge/metal, check out my band:
www.facebook.com/wearenihilistcrane

Our debut ep will be available April 1st!

For all my solo stuff:
https://soundcloud.com/brianharrigan
Triple7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 06-25-2009, 07:34 PM   #3502
SS.org Regular

GorillaSalsa is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meshugger View Post
Any further information about the next batch in terms of design? Will they be the same as the july batch or will Kurt the adopt a similar design like the one found on the 7-string interceptors that are currently in stock? (For instance, the reverse headstock)

And how about the neck length of these interceptors? Will they be 25.5" 27" 28" or even 30"? I would by an interceptor with a ebony/rosewood fretboard on a baritone neck and reverse headstock in a heartbeat.

Oh, and hi everyone
I imagine they'll be the same design. As far as scale length and fretboard wood, I'm sure that since they will be preorders all options will be on the table.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple7 View Post
Have you been getting in touch with Kurt through his profile on here or does he have a different email that he prefers questions sent to?
just his regular kurt@rondomusic.com email.
GorillaSalsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2009, 07:51 PM   #3503
The Decepticon

Triple7 is a splendid one to beholdTriple7 is a splendid one to beholdTriple7 is a splendid one to beholdTriple7 is a splendid one to beholdTriple7 is a splendid one to behold
Thank you

For all my solo stuff:
Unread 06-25-2009, 08:55 PM   #3504
Mentally Guitarded

Galius is a splendid one to beholdGalius is a splendid one to beholdGalius is a splendid one to beholdGalius is a splendid one to beholdGalius is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Hope he has something with a rosewood or ebony board leftover on the next run. Still waiting to find one.......

Galius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2009, 04:41 AM   #3505
SS.org Regular

Meshugger is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by GorillaSalsa View Post
I imagine they'll be the same design. As far as scale length and fretboard wood, I'm sure that since they will be preorders all options will be on the table.
Thank you.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for the next month or so.
Meshugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2009, 10:01 AM   #3506
SS.org Regular

Meshugger is a jewel in the rough
I just got a response from Kurt about the Interceptor 8s. There will be ones with a reverse headstock like the Interceptor 7s. Fretboard options are still pending though, and i forgot to ask about scale length.

Anyhoo, i will now order one when they become available as fast flies gather around fresh poop
Meshugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2009, 07:40 PM   #3507
Extended Ranger

Hollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himself
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meshugger View Post
I just got a response from Kurt about the Interceptor 8s. There will be ones with a reverse headstock like the Interceptor 7s. Fretboard options are still pending though, and i forgot to ask about scale length.

Anyhoo, i will now order one when they become available as fast flies gather around fresh poop
CRAP!! I have a Lizard Burst to be delivered later this month, and I would KILL for a reverse headstock. Well, hopefully future runs will cost more, and I'll still be OK for being one of the first ones over the hill on this.
Hollowway is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2009, 01:37 AM   #3508
SS.org Regular

Adriatic is a jewel in the rough
anyone else got their eye on an Agile shirt??
Adriatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2009, 02:06 AM   #3509
I LIKE JUICE!!!

TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriatic View Post
I saw that and thought about it. I think if I ever buy another Agile, I'll probably get one to be shipped along with it, but for now I don't feel a burning need to order one.

"Tom, you're like 1 part a serious dork, and 2 parts the most awesome ....ing guy ever." -
TomAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2009, 02:39 AM   #3510
SS.org Regular

mgcasella is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
I just checked it out and I'd really like a black one. However, they appear to be available only in XL

Hopefully, by the time the leftover 8 and 7 strings are up for grabs, they'll have some mediums

Quote:
mgcasella is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2009, 11:29 PM   #3511
Extended Ranger

Hollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himself
Wait, I just realized th Interceptor 8s that will delvered in July are 4x4 headstocks. So are the new ones inline, reverse, and 4x4? That seems like a lot of options for Kurt. He normally like to minimize all the variations.
Unread 07-07-2009, 12:30 AM   #3512
SS.org Regular

vlover is on a distinguished road
ALl they need is an 8 String V and Im there
vlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2009, 03:46 AM   #3513
ss.org Regular

Shauncore is on a distinguished road
Does any one know if Kurt would be down for making a Agile Intrepid as a 7 string?

I really like the Dark Burst color and body, but I need a 7 string. ha.

Any chance?
Shauncore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2009, 04:10 AM   #3514
dotlike

loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
*edit. removed post*

...., wrong thread
loktide is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2009, 11:13 AM   #3515
Texas CEO / RHLC

st2012 is a glorious beacon of lightst2012 is a glorious beacon of lightst2012 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Yeah, I ordered one black and one blue. Supposed to arrive on Thursday.
st2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2009, 06:45 PM   #3516
ss.org Regular

elscar has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
so i got my agile intrepid 8 from forum member ryanougrad a few weeks back now, so i thought i'd post what i think of it.... (pics will follow shortly)

lets just say as soon as i opened the box i was in love, and suprised at how thin the neck profile is! the ebony board on it is really nice, i've wanted a guitar with one for a while now. i've got it tuned to F,Bb,Eb,Ab,Db,Gb,Bb,Eb currently but may be switching that to incorporate the 8 string into my new band project

i've already done a track with it which is up on my myspace if anyone wants to take a listen? i did a cover of "in death - is life" by meshuggah, most will think its quite an obvious choice but oh well, i love it

you can check it out, along with two of my other songs recorded on my 6 string @ EL SCAR [NEW COVER TRACK UP NOW!] on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

if you have any comments on the songs then leave them here or add me and chat to me there

cheers guys, looking forward to the pics of the july run
elscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2009, 07:16 PM   #3517
SS.org Regular

Sounds great

I just love how clearly the low F's and low F#'s come through with these guitars.

I really hope there are some nice left over Intrepids to choose from at the end of July. I was going to put in a deposit months ago but then I had to move unexpectedly and use my Agile deposit as an apartment deposit

Can't wait to see the pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elscar View Post
so i got my agile intrepid 8 from forum member ryanougrad a few weeks back now, so i thought i'd post what i think of it.... (pics will follow shortly)

lets just say as soon as i opened the box i was in love, and suprised at how thin the neck profile is! the ebony board on it is really nice, i've wanted a guitar with one for a while now. i've got it tuned to F,Bb,Eb,Ab,Db,Gb,Bb,Eb currently but may be switching that to incorporate the 8 string into my new band project

i've already done a track with it which is up on my myspace if anyone wants to take a listen? i did a cover of "in death - is life" by meshuggah, most will think its quite an obvious choice but oh well, i love it

you can check it out, along with two of my other songs recorded on my 6 string @ EL SCAR [NEW COVER TRACK UP NOW!] on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

if you have any comments on the songs then leave them here or add me and chat to me there

cheers guys, looking forward to the pics of the july run
Unread 07-09-2009, 12:37 AM   #3518
SS.org Regular

matttttYCE is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgileLefty View Post
a few months ago when the last preorders went up, i emailed kurt and asked him to add the option for "lefty" to as many of them as possible. later that day he replied back " thanks - done"

i checked the rondo site and sure enough, he had a drop down box for a lefty option for several models, including dual standards and dual pro.

i preordered a lefty dual pro cephus natural. i can't friggin wait till the end of july!!!!

Sorry in advance if this was said somewhere previously, but I've read most of the thread and haven't seen it.. On the dual pro, was there an option for a rosewood board? If there was, I might just have to wait until later this month/early August to see if there are any left over or wait to see the next run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowway View Post
CRAP!! I have a Lizard Burst to be delivered later this month, and I would KILL for a reverse headstock. Well, hopefully future runs will cost more, and I'll still be OK for being one of the first ones over the hill on this.
Please, for the love of all things guitar and , post REAL pictures as soon as you get that or if Kurt posts/sends some to you, whichever comes first!

Get brutal
matttttYCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2009, 03:18 AM   #3519
Extended Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by matttttYCE View Post
Please, for the love of all things guitar and , post REAL pictures as soon as you get that or if Kurt posts/sends some to you, whichever comes first!
Oh, that's a given! I've got every body part crossed that the real deal looks as cool as the mockup. And I've never played a Kahler before, much less on an 8, so I sincerely hope it stays in tune.
Unread 07-09-2009, 10:15 AM   #3520
The Decepticon

I was gonna put a deposit down a couple of weeks ago, but then I decided to wait until the end of this month to see what the next run offers. Damn, I might get a shirt as well.

For all my solo stuff:
Unread 07-09-2009, 10:53 AM   #3521
SS.org Regular

Adriatic is a jewel in the rough
2 songs recorded with the Intrepid dual pup std.

www.myspace.com/adriaticband
Adriatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2009, 01:54 PM   #3522
SS.org Regular

matttttYCE is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowway View Post
Oh, that's a given! I've got every body part crossed that the real deal looks as cool as the mockup. ...
As do I! And which mockup, Darren's or the other one? Personally, I think one closer to Darren's would look best, but that's only because I was first a huge fan of the Gibson's LP Gecko Burst (below) finishes before seeing his mockup!

Get brutal
matttttYCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2009, 01:57 PM   #3523
ss.org Regular

zachardy01234 is on a distinguished road
Just put down my deposit on a Agile Intrepid Standard 828 Ocrean Burst MN my first ERG and i am super excited expecting it to be in mid october
zachardy01234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2009, 03:12 PM   #3524
SS.org Regular

I like it!
-Matt

Quote:
2 songs recorded with the Intrepid dual pup std.

www.myspace.com/adriaticband
Unread 07-11-2009, 04:39 PM   #3525
SS.org Regular

shredguitar7 is just really niceshredguitar7 is just really nice
got some new riffage with the Intrepid Pro... let me know if anyone likes it.. thanks a lot.. nice riffs Adriatic..

www.myspace.com/shred8
shredguitar7 is offline   Reply With Quote