homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Extended Range Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Extended Range Guitars Welcome to everyone from ERG.com. Eight, Nine, Baritone and beyond discussion here.

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-10-2010, 12:01 PM   #1
West Coast CEO/RHLC©

techjsteele is a splendid one to beholdtechjsteele is a splendid one to beholdtechjsteele is a splendid one to beholdtechjsteele is a splendid one to beholdtechjsteele is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 40 reviews
Agile 9-String....

Agile Intrepid 928 RN Nat at RondoMusic.com
techjsteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 09-10-2010, 12:04 PM   #2
Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator

MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I guess that answers what they'll be sent tuned from the factory as.

Need help with setting up a trem?
Need info on your Ibby?
Live in Milwaukee? Please feel free to message me.

New Rules. Read Them.
MaxOfMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2010, 12:09 PM   #3
Bonitis.

Necris is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Necris is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Necris is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Necris is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Necris is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Necris is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Necris is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Well then, it looks like its time to start selling gear.

Extreme Syncopation =/= Poly-rhythmic

Necris is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2010, 12:14 PM   #4
Banned

josh pelican has much to be proud ofjosh pelican has much to be proud ofjosh pelican has much to be proud ofjosh pelican has much to be proud ofjosh pelican has much to be proud ofjosh pelican has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
But if you break your high string, how will you know what gauge string to get?
josh pelican is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2010, 12:15 PM   #5
Iraq Lobster.

synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh pelican View Post
Uhm... What?

Quote:
String gauges: .009, .012, .015, .022, .030, .040, .054, .074 .090

"And over here, our bass player, the Duke of Spook, the Doc of Shock, The Man with No Tan, please say hello to Death himself, the Grim Reaper!"
synrgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2010, 12:15 PM   #6
Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator

MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh pelican View Post

Need info on your Ibby?

New Rules. Read Them.
Unread 09-10-2010, 12:18 PM   #7
WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Seven hundred ....ing dollars.

Wow.

*checks accounts*

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/signaturepics/sigpic17517_3.gif
Customisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2010, 12:18 PM   #8
Bonitis.

Necris is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Necris is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Necris is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Necris is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Necris is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Necris is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Necris is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxOfMetal View Post
http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/ext...3663-.....html

Extreme Syncopation =/= Poly-rhythmic

Necris is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2010, 12:19 PM   #9
Banned

josh pelican has much to be proud ofjosh pelican has much to be proud ofjosh pelican has much to be proud ofjosh pelican has much to be proud ofjosh pelican has much to be proud ofjosh pelican has much to be proud of
EDIT: .... you, Necris.
josh pelican is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2010, 12:52 PM   #10
Set up us the bomb

MF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himself
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
as silly as it is, i kinda want one...

i'd get a really clear and hardassed pickup in it.

i'd get a 30" scale one though, i don't like the scale length on that for such a low tuning.

--------------------------------------
What will metal be doing in ten years? What ever Meshuggah will be doing in two.
-Anthony
MF_Kitten is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2010, 12:56 PM   #11
Tu ne cede malis

Soopahmahn is just really niceSoopahmahn is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MF_Kitten View Post
as silly as it is, i kinda want one...

i'd get a really clear and hardassed pickup in it.

i'd get a 30" scale one though, i don't like the scale length on that for such a low tuning.
It's just an E1... 28.blah would work, man. If you wanted to send it down to C or C# I could see longer.

"Every system of ethics that preached sacrifice grew into a world power and ruled millions of men."
Soopahmahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2010, 01:00 PM   #12
SS.org Regular

dis89 is a jewel in the rough
emh.. 700 bucks? I can build a custom of same quality for that money. well, that includes a pup handwound by me, else (woods, hardware etc.) should fit. I mean for that damage speaking of me Ill have to make it myself. Else the guitars gonna be 800+ if you buy Oni, etc. Guitar doesnt even feature a stain, top, inlays - none of costy handwork stuff .. dunno.
dis89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2010, 01:03 PM   #13
Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dis89 View Post
emh.. 700 bucks? I can build a custom of same quality for that money. well, that includes a pup handwound by me, else (woods, hardware etc.) should fit. Guitar doesnt even feature a stain, top, inlays - none of costy handwork stuff .. dunno.
Um, $700 for the only production 9-string guitar is a bargain. Maybe for builders that's not a bargain, but this is a production guitar. We all know it didn't cost $700 to make.

Need info on your Ibby?

New Rules. Read Them.
Unread 09-10-2010, 01:03 PM   #14
WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
emh.. 700 bucks? I can build a custom of same quality for that money. well, that includes a pup handwound by me, else (woods, hardware etc.) should fit. I mean for that damage speaking of me Ill have to make it myself. Else the guitars gonna be 800+ if you buy Oni, etc. Guitar doesnt even feature a stain, top, inlays - none of costy handwork stuff .. dunno.
I truly believe you are out of your mind.

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/signaturepics/sigpic17517_3.gif
Customisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2010, 01:04 PM   #15
Set up us the bomb

MF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himself
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soopahmahn View Post
It's just an E1... 28.blah would work, man. If you wanted to send it down to C or C# I could see longer.
naw, i'd definitely tune it to C# or drop B. i'd have to get a fanned fret one if i were going higher instead of lower.

What will metal be doing in ten years? What ever Meshuggah will be doing in two.
-Anthony
Unread 09-10-2010, 01:09 PM   #16
Set up us the bomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Customisbetter View Post
seconded! if you want to build yourself one, then go ahead. none of the things you listed are prestigious features either, and are often even used to make up for lacks in other departments. so yeah. i'd rather take an oni any day.

but i'd say put your money where your mouth is. make one that is AT LEAST of the same quality, and that has great playability and design. do it without blowing that budget. THEN we can discuss it

-Anthony
Unread 09-10-2010, 01:09 PM   #17
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Customisbetter View Post
Sometimes I think so send me 700$ and Ill have 928 style guitar in 2 monthes

Gentlemen, I dont wanna to sound unpleasant.. but.. the 928 doesnt feature ANY timeconsuming features. IMHO for a guitar of that quality its even 2 much. The only things which fundamentally differ it from any production 6 are bridge, number of tuners and a pup which still is noname, and if it sounds the same way as 8string one does IMO its a crap.You know, here in Ukraine we still ride on bears in cold winter days, so I waited to play an 8string agile for a long time, and was pissed off when I did.
Still Im VERY happy theres a stock 9string!
Unread 09-10-2010, 01:10 PM   #18
(((Ω)))

shitsøn is pretty much the man.shitsøn is pretty much the man.shitsøn is pretty much the man.shitsøn is pretty much the man.shitsøn is pretty much the man.shitsøn is pretty much the man.shitsøn is pretty much the man.shitsøn is pretty much the man.shitsøn is pretty much the man.shitsøn is pretty much the man.
Quote:
800+ if you buy Oni
haha, yeah right...
shitsøn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2010, 01:12 PM   #19
Spastic Kitchen!

bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.
Wow! I didn't expect to see this so soon!

Weird tuning, though...EADEADGBE? If I was getting one, I know the first thing I would do is get a proper low B on the thing. Maybe add a higher string or two...scale might be a bit long for a high A, but I think one of Garry Goodman's strings would hold up on it.

dis89, if you can build these cheaper, you should have beat Rondo to the punch when you had the chance. This price is insane for something that no one else is manufacturing, don't you agree?

[URL="http://sites.google.com/site/bostjanzupancickhereb/"[/URL]
bostjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2010, 01:13 PM   #20
sweep.tap.sweep

xwmucradiox is a splendid one to beholdxwmucradiox is a splendid one to beholdxwmucradiox is a splendid one to beholdxwmucradiox is a splendid one to beholdxwmucradiox is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
A 9 string Oni is about $5000. Are you really saying people should just get an Oni if theyre going to spend $700 on this?
xwmucradiox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2010, 01:15 PM   #21
SS.org Regular

goth_fiend is a jewel in the rough
deezam, very very cool
goth_fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2010, 01:17 PM   #22
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MF_Kitten View Post
i'd rather take an oni any day.
sorry ive meant an oni custom pickup or stuff like that. If you build a custom like that you cant just buy a stock bridge and pup anywhere.
Unread 09-10-2010, 01:18 PM   #23
Spastic Kitchen!

bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.
Hey $5000 fits under the category of $800+, I guess.

One of the members here (well, probably more than one, but I'm thinking of one in particular) had a simple-scale nine string, and I'm pretty sure it was extended scale and high A, or maybe it was D standard with a low E, low A, and high G...I can't remember. I guess that's what the search function is for...

[URL="http://sites.google.com/site/bostjanzupancickhereb/"[/URL]
bostjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2010, 01:20 PM   #24
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostjan View Post
dis89, if you can build these cheaper, you should have beat Rondo to the punch when you had the chance. This price is insane for something that no one else is manufacturing, don't you agree?
I can build one cheaper but it aint never gonna be stock production. 2,3 axes per month.

Guys sorry for my drunk 2cents, I just hate to see all that guitars made only for earning money.
Unread 09-10-2010, 01:20 PM   #25
Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostjan View Post
Hey $5000 fits under the category of $800+, I guess.

One of the members here (well, probably more than one, but I'm thinking of one in particular) had a simple-scale nine string, and I'm pretty sure it was extended scale and high A, or maybe it was D standard with a low E, low A, and high G...I can't remember. I guess that's what the search function is for...
I think you're thinking of Troy's Home Depot Challenge build.

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/lut...n-returns.html

Need info on your Ibby?

New Rules. Read Them.