homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Marketplace > Dealers & Group Buys
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Dealers & Group Buys Classifieds from dealers, and bulk-order discounts for ss.org members.

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-04-2010, 05:20 AM   #1426
I am a COCK!!!!!!!!!

yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Seb, all those bodies are for 7 string ?

Sorry for my english
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 04-04-2010, 08:55 AM   #1427
ss.org Regular

george galatis has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
is the body thickness 45mm or less?

http://www.myspace.com/giomilko

Θρήνος βαρύς επέφτει
Unread 04-04-2010, 12:31 PM   #1428
Set up us the bomb

MF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himself
out of curiosity, why would you want to know the thickness? like, is there something you need it for, or are you just comparing with other guitars?

--------------------------------------
What will metal be doing in ten years? What ever Meshuggah will be doing in two.
-Anthony
Unread 04-04-2010, 01:01 PM   #1429
Power Metal Cellist

TemjinStrife is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/TemjinStrife is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/TemjinStrife is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/TemjinStrife is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/TemjinStrife is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/TemjinStrife is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/TemjinStrife is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Sarcasm doesn't transfer well onto the internet
Unread 04-04-2010, 01:43 PM   #1430
ss.org Regular

it matters on sound - weight - flexibility -> just to know guys -_- cause it looks really thin

whatever....

Θρήνος βαρύς επέφτει
Unread 04-04-2010, 02:08 PM   #1431
Power Metal Cellist

TemjinStrife is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/TemjinStrife is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/TemjinStrife is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/TemjinStrife is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/TemjinStrife is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/TemjinStrife is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/TemjinStrife is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Quote:
Originally Posted by george galatis View Post
it matters on sound - weight - flexibility -> just to know guys -_- cause it looks really thin

whatever....
I wouldn't worry too much about it. The S series guitars, Blackmachines, SGs, and others get really thin without too many issues
Unread 04-04-2010, 02:14 PM   #1432
ss.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TemjinStrife View Post
I wouldn't worry too much about it. The S series guitars, Blackmachines, SGs, and others get really thin without too many issues
hmmm....maybe you are right man! all these brands still works nicely and normal...i've never seen a roter S guitar front of me, so i was worried about the sound and others.....thank you man

sorry about the mess guys

Θρήνος βαρύς επέφτει
Unread 04-04-2010, 02:35 PM   #1433
Set up us the bomb

MF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himself
from what i've experienced, thinner bodies = better sound. sounds strange, considering what you're told about bigger and thicker bodies being better, but that's just not the case.

edit: short explanation: thinner bodies vibrate better, and so it gets much much more resonant and acoustically loud, which means more perceived sustain, and much better sound even through the pickups. i'm sure you already know what the importance of resonant guitars are, but the point is that thinner bodies = more resonance, because they are lighter and stuff.

also, the added lightness means they are... well, lighter!

What will metal be doing in ten years? What ever Meshuggah will be doing in two.
-Anthony
Unread 04-04-2010, 03:00 PM   #1434
ss.org Regular

hmmm now i understand....thanks for the informations guys!

Θρήνος βαρύς επέφτει
Unread 04-04-2010, 03:02 PM   #1435
Power Metal Cellist

However, some argue that lighter bodies, because they are more resonant, rob the string of it's vibrational energy faster, decreasing sustain and high end content.

I prefer lightweight and resonant myself over heavy in terms of feel, but this argument drove a lot of guitar design in the 70s.
Unread 04-04-2010, 05:22 PM   #1436
Set up us the bomb

Quote:
However, some argue that lighter bodies, because they are more resonant, rob the string of it's vibrational energy faster, decreasing sustain and high end content.

I prefer lightweight and resonant myself over heavy in terms of feel, but this argument drove a lot of guitar design in the 70s.
if it decreases high end, then explain Les Pauls. they are thick and huge and heavy for the sake of the warm sound, and it works. then look at Fender guitars (i hate always using these two companies, but they are the two extreme opposite standard companies, ya know?). Fenders are light (at least they should be), and they are sleeker. not all that thin altogether, but much lighter. they are really resonant, and their most notable characteristic: bright!

also, the idea of sustain is kinda misleading. while you could say a string vibrates for longer if the guitar is such and such, it depends on what the string sounds like while it's sustaining. perceived sustain and actual technical sustain won't do the same job. the more musical and useful one is obviously perceived sustain.

so it won't rob the string of sustain or high end. it might not sustain as long as if you had a humongous chunk of wood with a neck attached to it, but then it wouldn't sound good, and you wouldn't have the most useful sustain in the world.

i think most people will agree that a lightweight and resonant guitar will own ass no matter what, as it sounds louder through the pickups as well, and has much more character and tonal content, making it sing.

i'm not trying to put you down, i'm just so excited about this

but yeah, just check out ......... and blackmachine: really really light guitars, extremely resonant, extremely loud, both with enormous sustain, even unplugged, as ......... has demonstrated in his videos, just playing an open note and letting it sustain for AGES, with a very constant sustain that keeps going in the same volume for a long time before it starts decreasing.

people keep talking about sustain and stuff as if they are rules set in stone. it ain't. people usually attribute these things to totally opposite things. different woods, different constructions, different measurements, etc, and then you notice these attributes can often be opposites, even though the result is "more sustain" either way.

so let's all chillax, knowing Doug from blackmachine and ......... both know what they're doing, and the guys at Roter are known for their awesome stuff, and so we're almost guaranteed that the quality will be great. people don't make thin bodies just for weight or just for tonal characteristics, and especially not just for looks. they think about sustain, and they think about tone.

/happy rant

-Anthony
Unread 04-04-2010, 05:27 PM   #1437
Power Metal Cellist

Like I said, I don't necessarily buy the argument, but it's out there. Also, with regards to Fenders vs. Gibsons; a number of factors (body wood, scale length, bridge type, neck attachment method, humbuckers vs. single-coils) account for the difference in sound.

Generally though, I have played a bunch of SGs and then played a bunch of Les Pauls and found the SGs to be brighter and raunchier with less sustain than the smoother, darker Les Paul.

Regardless, this is not the thread for this discussion
Unread 04-04-2010, 05:49 PM   #1438
Set up us the bomb

true on all points, sir

i've noticed the same things, i just used the fender/gibson argument as a placeholder thing

but yeah, look at the thinner SG compared to the fat LP. brighter and stuff. i don't agree that much with the sustain issue though, as i've had the same result the other way around, with LP's having less and SG's having more. it's more about the quality of the construction than anything. and in that area we're safe

-Anthony
Unread 04-05-2010, 11:15 PM   #1439
Dcr
ss.org Regular

Dcr is on a distinguished road
That 21 fret... scare me

Look at the width of the 21 at first string and compare it with the width of the 20 and 19. It's me or the 21 seems to be bigger

I think that fretwork is not as good as should be... Anyway, really NICE guitar. That body is just amazing, sir
Unread 04-05-2010, 11:28 PM   #1440
Power Metal Cellist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcr View Post
That 21 fret... scare me

Look at the width of the 21 at first string and compare it with the width of the 20 and 19. It's me or the 21 seems to be bigger

I think that fretwork is not as good as should be... Anyway, really NICE guitar. That body is just amazing, sir
Good eye! That does look fairly off. Might want to doublecheck those fret slots, Sebastian.
Unread 04-06-2010, 03:01 AM   #1441
Sir Paul of the Mosh

drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Good eye! That does look fairly off. Might want to doublecheck those fret slots, Sebastian.
considering the delays in getting this thing shipped, and the lack of information concerning the build from roters side I think people are going to be going over their guitars with a fine toothed comb and finding every flaw
Unread 04-06-2010, 08:09 AM   #1442
Power Metal Cellist

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmosh View Post
considering the delays in getting this thing shipped, and the lack of information concerning the build from roters side I think people are going to be going over their guitars with a fine toothed comb and finding every flaw
People do that anyways. However, misaligned frets are unacceptable, regardless of the amount of money paid. That definitely looks wrong.
Unread 04-06-2010, 08:16 AM   #1443
Sir Paul of the Mosh

drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Quote:
People do that anyways. However, misaligned frets are unacceptable, regardless of the amount of money paid. That definitely looks wrong.
True, it's a big problem.
But I know for a fact some people that have these on order are getting a little annoyed at the lack of information regarding their guitars.
Unread 04-06-2010, 08:44 AM   #1444
SS.org Regular

yacker is just really niceyacker is just really nice
Can anybody say optical illusion? You've got fan frets going in different directions and pictures taken from an angle on top of that. That's just asking for visual tricks being played on you.
Unread 04-06-2010, 08:51 AM   #1445
Sir Paul of the Mosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by yacker View Post
Can anybody say optical illusion? You've got fan frets going in different directions and pictures taken from an angle on top of that. That's just asking for visual tricks being played on you.
the fans are going in different directions? not on the 20th and 22nd fret.
But I do agree that we should wait and see until someone has the final guitar in their hands before anybody goes shooting off their mouth about wonky frets and whatnot
Unread 04-06-2010, 09:01 AM   #1446
SS.org Regular

yacker is just really niceyacker is just really nice
Quote:
the fans are going in different directions? not on the 20th and 22nd fret.
But I do agree that we should wait and see until someone has the final guitar in their hands before anybody goes shooting off their mouth about wonky frets and whatnot
I just mean it's very difficult to make the same judgment you could if all the frets were straight and you had a bird's eye view over the top. No disrespect to anybody's opinion or anything.

I see where there is some question, but I really think it could easily be an optical issue.

Probably the ideal way to diagnose an issue like that is having a Peterson tuner (or tuner in general) to judge the intonation instead of using a photo of any sort. I imagine that isn't really an option right now though.
Unread 04-06-2010, 09:11 AM   #1447
Power Metal Cellist

There is a birds-eye view here. Look at the upper frets and tell me there's not a spacing issue. And as I now own a fanned instrument, you'd be able to tell an issue of that size visually from pretty much any angle other than straight on the side.

I'm willing to give Sebastian the benefit of the doubt, but if a guitar ships like that that is unacceptable.
Unread 04-06-2010, 10:24 AM   #1448
Sir Paul of the Mosh

Let's just stop any sort of speculation until someone actually has a guitar in their hands, it's only fair.
Unread 04-06-2010, 10:31 AM   #1449
Power Metal Cellist

Quote:
Let's just stop any sort of speculation until someone actually has a guitar in their hands, it's only fair.
Alright. Just, any fretwork alignment issues large enough to be seen without measurements on a relatively small picture is not speculation, and has no business on a $100 guitar, let alone one that the customer paid $1100 for.

I'm hoping that it's a mistake and that it won't make it through final QC, but if I were a luthier I wouldn't even want that stuff to show up in pictures of my work.
Unread 04-06-2010, 10:43 AM   #1450
Sir Paul of the Mosh

It could still be an optical trick due to the position, the frets not being finished, the image compression or whatever. And due to that alone, I think all speculation is just wrong and unfair
Closed Thread