homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Marketplace > Dealers & Group Buys
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Dealers & Group Buys Classifieds from dealers, and bulk-order discounts for ss.org members.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-01-2008, 10:43 AM   #26
V-boi

Bigeeboo is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by zimbloth View Post
If you're familiar with my arsenal, you'd know I'm right there with you. However I think some of their superstrat models are pretty metal too. I'm considering picking up an Angelus HGS (the archtop double cut model) or a TAT.
If that ever changes and a full wing V is available again I want my Japanese hooker to have 2 Tats and frozen sky lipstick

You can PM me if this happens ... I will be waitng
Bigeeboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 05-02-2008, 12:44 AM   #27
ss.org Regular

guitarsatbmusic has a spectacular aura about
Welcome to the family NIck, good to see it all got worked out for you. The CD-R images, just as a guide, are not all that representative of the colours in the flesh. You can expect some questions and queries regarding the in flesh vs photos for that reason, but good enough as a guide. Some are much better than others, some are way off the mark
guitarsatbmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2008, 01:53 AM   #28
Nick // Axe Palace

zimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 49 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarsatbmusic View Post
Welcome to the family NIck, good to see it all got worked out for you. The CD-R images, just as a guide, are not all that representative of the colours in the flesh. You can expect some questions and queries regarding the in flesh vs photos for that reason, but good enough as a guide. Some are much better than others, some are way off the mark
Is that you Shane? If so, thank you so much for your help with this matter. I really appreciate it dude. You're awesome.

I can see what you mean about the CD-R images, but I feel like you could make that argument with any professional photos ala Jacksons, ESPs, etc. They're always touched up a bit right? Anyways, keep in touch dude. Thank you once again!

The Axe Palace <-- Dealer for: BKP, DiMarzio, Ibanez, Mayones, ENGL, Diezel, Orange, Fryette, ESP, Caparison, PRS, Vigier, Dean, Parker, Flaxwood, G&L, Schecter and many more.

NEW WEBSITE IS NOW LIVE: www.axepalace.com

zimbloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2008, 02:38 AM   #29
ss.org Regular

Blackrg is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Does Caparison ever issue neck dimensions? e.g thickness at 1st and 12th fret....no dealers anywhere near this hick town
Blackrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2008, 02:56 AM   #30
ss.org Regular

Quote:
Is that you Shane? If so, thank you so much for your help with this matter. I really appreciate it dude. You're awesome.

I can see what you mean about the CD-R images, but I feel like you could make that argument with any professional photos ala Jacksons, ESPs, etc. They're always touched up a bit right? Anyways, keep in touch dude. Thank you once again!
'tis me mate, no problem at all.

Yes and no on the touchups, not really touched up on Caparisons, they're just under a weird light actually, I'm not sure what it is about it. I think it's because the CD-R stuff you get is actually print ready, not straight off the cam, as it were. And with Caparison's finishes being so whack sometimes it's very hard to show them up.
Like the Iris Violet, for instance

That's missing massive amounts of the purple. Believe it or not, it's supposed to be representative of this finish
Unread 05-02-2008, 03:28 AM   #31
Nick // Axe Palace

zimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnate
Quote:
'tis me mate, no problem at all.

Yes and no on the touchups, not really touched up on Caparisons, they're just under a weird light actually, I'm not sure what it is about it. I think it's because the CD-R stuff you get is actually print ready, not straight off the cam, as it were. And with Caparison's finishes being so whack sometimes it's very hard to show them up.
Like the Iris Violet, for instance
http://www.guitarsatbmusic.com.au/ca...ris_violet.jpg

That's missing massive amounts of the purple. Believe it or not, it's supposed to be representative of this finish
http://www.guitarsatbmusic.com.au/ca...s_violet_5.jpg
Awesome Shane, welcome to the forum! Thank you very much again for everything.

In regards to the photo issue, I see what you mean, that's very interesting. I think some of them are fairly accurate though. I've seen quite a few of those in real life or in natural light photos and they are pretty close. Purples/blues are always hard to photograph right, red sometimes too.

Cheers brother!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackrg View Post
Does Caparison ever issue neck dimensions? e.g thickness at 1st and 12th fret....no dealers anywhere near this hick town
I'm not sure, I could talk to Caparison and try to get that information from their lead designer. I do know their necks are extremely fast though, I wouldn't worry - but I'll try to find out. Or perhaps Shane knows.

The Axe Palace <-- Dealer for: BKP, DiMarzio, Ibanez, Mayones, ENGL, Diezel, Orange, Fryette, ESP, Caparison, PRS, Vigier, Dean, Parker, Flaxwood, G&L, Schecter and many more.

Unread 05-02-2008, 06:11 AM   #32
ss.org Regular

Quote:
I'm not sure, I could talk to Caparison and try to get that information from their lead designer. I do know their necks are extremely fast though, I wouldn't worry - but I'll try to find out. Or perhaps Shane knows.
Yes mate, I have it somewhere at the store, will check it out tomorrow and post.
Unread 05-02-2008, 03:19 PM   #33
Nick // Axe Palace

Quote:
Yes mate, I have it somewhere at the store, will check it out tomorrow and post.
Awesome, thanks Shane.

Unread 05-02-2008, 06:35 PM   #34
ss.org Regular

Bah, I don't have it. I'll measure some when I get a chance and post. I do have factory setup specs so you can see whether shipping and climate has affected your setup

* pickup height
I adjust the height of Pickups with ascertaining sound with Amp.
[Translation: He sets the pickup height depending on how he feels the particular guitar is sounding]

*string height
This numerical value is a distance to the string from the top of Fret with 12Fret.
[Translation: 12th fret string height]
Measure it under the condition that a guitar is played.

Apple Horn SE/ Horus/Dellinger SE/Dellinger II SE
1st Strings...1.2mm, 6th Strings...1.4mm

Angelus-ACE SE/ Angelus22
1st Strings...1.3mm, 6th Strings...1.5mm

Apple Horn-HGS/ Horus-HGS

Angelus-HGS/ Angelus-HGS GM/ Delliger-HGS SE/ Dellinger FX-HGS
1st Strings...1.5mm, 6th Strings...1.6mm

Dellinger 7
1st Strings...1.2mm, 7th Strings...1.6mm
Unread 05-02-2008, 06:48 PM   #35
Nick // Axe Palace

Quote:
Bah, I don't have it. I'll measure some when I get a chance and post. I do have factory setup specs so you can see whether shipping and climate has affected your setup

* pickup height
I adjust the height of Pickups with ascertaining sound with Amp.
[Translation: He sets the pickup height depending on how he feels the particular guitar is sounding]

*string height
This numerical value is a distance to the string from the top of Fret with 12Fret.
[Translation: 12th fret string height]
Measure it under the condition that a guitar is played.

Apple Horn SE/ Horus/Dellinger SE/Dellinger II SE
1st Strings...1.2mm, 6th Strings...1.4mm

Angelus-ACE SE/ Angelus22

Apple Horn-HGS/ Horus-HGS

Angelus-HGS/ Angelus-HGS GM/ Delliger-HGS SE/ Dellinger FX-HGS
1st Strings...1.5mm, 6th Strings...1.6mm

Dellinger 7
1st Strings...1.2mm, 7th Strings...1.6mm
Awesome information Shane, thank you. That's really helpful. I actually have a question to ask you, I'll send you a private message.

Unread 05-02-2008, 07:02 PM   #36
Vescere bracis meis.

B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Wow. Purple.

Wow.

UNSCARED

"...The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." -J.S. Mill

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack in will." -Vince Lombardi
B Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2008, 07:41 AM   #37
ss.org Regular

Quote:
Awesome information Shane, thank you. That's really helpful. I actually have a question to ask you, I'll send you a private message.
Received, and sendeded
info always a pleasure
Unread 05-03-2008, 07:59 AM   #38
SS.org Regular

progmetaldan is a glorious beacon of lightprogmetaldan is a glorious beacon of lightprogmetaldan is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-EJ915 View Post
they should really release the 7-string with the maverick, I mean, Horus body shape.
+10000000000

Quote:
yeah, they can look quite different in Natural light, this is the pic of the Scarab finish from the Caparison website:

This is my Scarab finish, taken inside in artificial light...

And this is the same guitar taken outside just before sunset.

Quote:
Received, and sendeded
info always a pleasure
Welcome Shane!

progmetaldan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2008, 08:03 AM   #39
ss.org Regular

Well, well, howdy Dan
Nice Horus, I shall see her again soon
Unread 05-03-2008, 08:09 AM   #40
SS.org Regular

progmetaldan is a glorious beacon of lightprogmetaldan is a glorious beacon of lightprogmetaldan is a glorious beacon of light
yes indeed ye shall... Tis such an awesome guitar, and one of the better finishes around methinks...
Unread 05-03-2008, 04:21 PM   #41
Nick // Axe Palace

Really nice Horus there Dan. How do you feel about Caparison's stock pickups? I know they make different models, I hear they're great sounding but who knows.

Unread 05-03-2008, 05:13 PM   #42
AEADGBEA

Trespass is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Trespass is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Trespass is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Trespass is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Trespass is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Trespass is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Trespass is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
I'd just like to say its awesome you got the Caparison dealership Zim! Thats great!

Pseudo-Jazz Sophisticate
-The 7 and ERG Chord Melody [Jazz] Thread-
"If Stravinsky's music is that of the Earth, then Meshuggah's music is that of the Machine"

Teaching
Guitar-Piano Technique/Theory/Jazz & Classical University Prep

Ossington & Bloor area in Toronto.
I now do Sykpe lessons - Inquire via PM!
Trespass is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2008, 02:43 AM   #43
Nick // Axe Palace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trespass View Post
I'd just like to say its awesome you got the Caparison dealership Zim! Thats great!
Thank you very much Kris, it took a while but I'm glad it finally came together.

Unread 05-04-2008, 07:21 AM   #44
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Really nice Horus there Dan. How do you feel about Caparison's stock pickups? I know they make different models, I hear they're great sounding but who knows.

yeah man, thanks! I know some people don't like them, but I really love the neck pickup, sounds really thick and liquidy for the leads, the bridge pickup on the Horus is perhaps a little on the weak side, but for prog-rock/metal its fine, nice crunch, but yeah not quite a super high-output pickup... I like it though...
Unread 05-19-2008, 07:49 AM   #45
im leaving ss.org

Xtremevillan has much to be proud ofXtremevillan has much to be proud ofXtremevillan has much to be proud ofXtremevillan has much to be proud ofXtremevillan has much to be proud ofXtremevillan has much to be proud ofXtremevillan has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
The PH-R is actually pretty nice. It's like an EMG, except totally not. I'm stupid and inexperienced at describin pickups, but this is what I can say. Has all the nice qualities of an EMG minus the easyness of the artificial harmonics, but still sounds as good as the passive pickup.

I'm looking to get a RS TAT II off you, Zimb (selling the RG550 as to make a down payment), the setup to 10-52 in D, and the Nailbomb open black in the bridge, the PH-R in the neck (sadly I don't use the neck anymore, t'would be wasteful to get a Cold Sweat). I did promise.

--e

now that I read shane's posts, yeah dude, not sure if I said this, look at the Frozen Sky TAT II official, it's like teal and blue. There is no teal, check out any picture from my epic picstory and you'll see it's a great range of black, white, light blues.
Xtremevillan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2008, 10:15 AM   #46
Nick // Axe Palace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtremevillan View Post
I'm looking to get a RS TAT II off you, Zimb (selling the RG550 as to make a down payment), the setup to 10-52 in D, and the Nailbomb open black in the bridge, the PH-R in the neck (sadly I don't use the neck anymore, t'would be wasteful to get a Cold Sweat). I did promise.
Sweet, I'd be happy to order one for you. Get in touch with me and we'll go from there.

Unread 06-11-2008, 11:42 PM   #47
Nick // Axe Palace

Just a heads up: Caparison informed me there are some TAT/TAT II Classics becoming available soon in both Iceberg & Red Sunset finishes if anyone is interested. Of course I'd be willing to cut any SS.org members a supremely ridiculous deal.

Unread 06-12-2008, 02:01 PM   #48
SS Contributor

Seven is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Just a heads up: Caparison informed me there are some TAT/TAT II Classics becoming available soon in both Iceberg & Red Sunset finishes if anyone is interested. Of course I'd be willing to cut any SS.org members a supremely ridiculous deal.

http://www.axepalace.com/caparison/p...0redsunset.jpg

http://www.axepalace.com/caparison/p...%20iceberg.jpg

ARGH! I've been gassing like crazy for a Red Sunset TATII, what are the status on these Zimbloth? Because I will have a job over summer, and I doubt they'll last until I have enough cash.

Whats the deal with you US dealers shipping abroad? How many Red Sunset TATII's are there/will there be? What are your normal axeplace price for these?

Sorry for the questions, but I literally came online to this thread to ask you about the January Red Sunset TATII's, beat me to it!
Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2008, 02:31 PM   #49
Nick // Axe Palace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven View Post
ARGH! I've been gassing like crazy for a Red Sunset TATII, what are the status on these Zimbloth? Because I will have a job over summer, and I doubt they'll last until I have enough cash.

Whats the deal with you US dealers shipping abroad? How many Red Sunset TATII's are there/will there be? What are your normal axeplace price for these?

Sorry for the questions, but I literally came online to this thread to ask you about the January Red Sunset TATII's, beat me to it!
I'll send you a PM now.

Unread 06-23-2008, 07:22 PM   #50
Nick // Axe Palace

Would anyone like a free 2008 catalog? They're really quite nice. I have several extras.