homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Marketplace > Dealers & Group Buys
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Dealers & Group Buys Classifieds from dealers, and bulk-order discounts for ss.org members.

Like Tree141Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-14-2012, 06:14 PM   #1676
ל ו ו י י ת ן

Azathoth43 is just really niceAzathoth43 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I am very interested in a BKP. I play an Ibanez RG1077xl. I'm kinda going for a "djent" kind of sound. I have an Evo7 in the bridge now (and I like), but I hear the painkiller is the way to go.

What do you think?
Azathoth43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 04-15-2012, 06:38 AM   #1677
on a tone quest

MAJ Meadows SF is just really niceMAJ Meadows SF is just really nice
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
My 2 cents is that the Painkiller is going to be a little bright in a basswood guitar. I tried it myself in a JEM, and it had an aggressive snarling tone, but a really bright high end. I could stand it fine, but I wanted more of a thicker growl, so I went with a C-Bomb which is now one of my favorite BKPs. Painkiller in the neck is awesome. But this is a 6 with that combo. Not really a djent tone because of the slightly scooped mids. I liked the dark tone of the EVO but needed more growl and clarity, and I got it now.

I'd say Aftermath for this guitar, or a Miracle Man, which I also liked in basswood because of its low mids and low end (massive in the right guitar). Misha uses Aftermaths in his basswood 7s and 8s.
MAJ Meadows SF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2012, 02:15 PM   #1678
Nick // Axe Palace

zimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 50 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAJ Meadows SF View Post
@ Zimbloth: Thanks for the advice and explanation. A lot of folks have been pointing me to the Black Dog. I love all the clips of it I have heard, but just worried it wouldn't have the output I'm looking for. Of course I'll be pushing it hard as hell through any rig I use, all high gain, so I would expect it to handle it as you say. The mid range growl it has and heft of single notes is the most important, as well as a strong but tight bass response. I'm digging your feedback for sure. I've been cautioned the Rebel Yell may be a bit bright for this guitar. I've been told good things about the Crawler 7 from guys that have it; I've just never heard it riffing or soloing.

I have some time to test these out, but I'm going to weigh it between the Black Dog and Holy Diver, leaning heavily towards the Black Dog because of it's qualities. Same with your neck advice, either Black Dog or VHII.

Thanks again! I'll be in touch eventually!
No problem man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azathoth43 View Post
I am very interested in a BKP. I play an Ibanez RG1077xl. I'm kinda going for a "djent" kind of sound. I have an Evo7 in the bridge now (and I like), but I hear the painkiller is the way to go.

What do you think?
The Painkiller is similar to the Evo. It has a big upper mid focus, bright, tight, clear. He's right though, its not exactly a warm pickup. If you want something with a little more balls you could go with the Nailbomb, Holydiver, or Warpig.

The Axe Palace <-- Dealer for: BKP, DiMarzio, Ibanez, Mayones, ENGL, Mesa/Boogie, Rhodes Amplification, ESP, Jackson, PRS, Vigier, Dean, Framus, Diezel, Orange, Parker, G&L, Schecter and many more.

NEW WEBSITE IS NOW LIVE: www.axepalace.com

zimbloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2012, 11:39 PM   #1679
SS's Only Dick Butt

metaljohn is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Looking for suggestions on pickups, as I'm trying to ditch these Emg's. I have an ESP ltd viper 400 all mahogany/rosewood fretboard. I'm playing through a Krank Rev+. My main band's tone is Entombed/Dismember/Rotten Sound style buzzsaw tone from our Boss HM-2s(just a bit more refined sounding, and more bass heavy). The other band is a modern hardcore/metal band with pretty average high gain tone.

What pickups would you recommend for that setup? I prefer a darker sound, definitely not too keen on brightness, as the HM-2 adds enough of that on its own. Not worried so much about cleans, I usually just roll off the volume knob for that(do prefer darker cleans, though).

Incidentally, did you know that every pope since 1054 has actually been two badgers one on top of the others shoulders? This is my opinion, but I'm on the internet so I'm stating it as fact... - MR. S

And there's always bum fights out there. Especially involving "wheels", the guy with no legs who holds the sign "give me money or I'll kick you in the face" or the ever popular "will dance for money". - Ibz rg
metaljohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2012, 12:02 PM   #1680
Nick // Axe Palace

zimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by metaljohn View Post
Looking for suggestions on pickups, as I'm trying to ditch these Emg's. I have an ESP ltd viper 400 all mahogany/rosewood fretboard. I'm playing through a Krank Rev+. My main band's tone is Entombed/Dismember/Rotten Sound style buzzsaw tone from our Boss HM-2s(just a bit more refined sounding, and more bass heavy). The other band is a modern hardcore/metal band with pretty average high gain tone.

What pickups would you recommend for that setup? I prefer a darker sound, definitely not too keen on brightness, as the HM-2 adds enough of that on its own. Not worried so much about cleans, I usually just roll off the volume knob for that(do prefer darker cleans, though).
I would recommend the Aftermaths. They're really ideal in mahogany neck guitars and also are good for both death metal and modern 'core styles. It's really aggressive and tight, with ample balls and clarity. If you have any questions or would like to discuss it further feel free to get in touch any time.

If you'd like to order you can do so here: BARE KNUCKLE PICKUPS ORDER FORM (NEW FOR 2011) -- THE AXE PALACE / 508-921-9973 --

The Axe Palace <-- Dealer for: BKP, DiMarzio, Ibanez, Mayones, ENGL, Mesa/Boogie, Rhodes Amplification, ESP, Jackson, PRS, Vigier, Dean, Framus, Diezel, Orange, Parker, G&L, Schecter and many more.

Unread 05-10-2012, 03:11 PM   #1681
Nick // Axe Palace

We just got in a shipment of the new BLACK HAWK pickups, in both 6 and 7-strings. These are in stock and available for immediate shipment. If anyone is interested hit up my website or give me a call. Of course you can PM also.

Unread 05-10-2012, 03:31 PM   #1682
Of Blood and Sawdust

JaeSwift is a glorious beacon of lightJaeSwift is a glorious beacon of lightJaeSwift is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Hey Nick, have you had the chance to hear these Blackhawks yet? I'm curious as to what you make of their sound.
JaeSwift is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2012, 03:44 PM   #1683
Nick // Axe Palace

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaeSwift View Post
Hey Nick, have you had the chance to hear these Blackhawks yet? I'm curious as to what you make of their sound.
Honestly, no. These are the first batch we've received. I ordered them the day they were announced. I ordered a bunch of 6 and 7-string sets, plus some single bridge pickups. Depending how fast these sell out, I may install one in one of my guitars to see what I think. If not, I'll hit one up on on the next batch.

I have a feeling these would probably be best in balanced-to-warmer guitars, but I will reserve judgement until I try them out extensively and analyze my customer feedback. They're supposed to be fairly balanced so they should work in any type of guitar, but we shall see

Unread 05-10-2012, 10:30 PM   #1684
pixel pusher

mikernaut is his own personal hero.mikernaut is his own personal hero.mikernaut is his own personal hero.mikernaut is his own personal hero.mikernaut is his own personal hero.mikernaut is his own personal hero.mikernaut is his own personal hero.mikernaut is his own personal hero.mikernaut is his own personal hero.mikernaut is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Nick do you think a Rebel Yell would be a good fit for a Maple neck thru (ebony board) with Mahogany wings tuned to Drop B?
mikernaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2012, 12:19 AM   #1685
Many Fingers

Valennic is a glorious beacon of lightValennic is a glorious beacon of lightValennic is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Hey Nick, most generic question in the world really, but I was looking into a new set of pickups for my new 007, because the stock pickups suck terribly, and I figured I'd go to you since the Dominions kick all kinds of ass, and I have you to thank for that.

So, the 007 is all mahogany, neck and body, and she's a set neck. I've got the single coil in the neck model, so I'm only gonna be needing a bridge pup, but what I'm wondering is if BKP has a 7 string pickup similar to the Dominion pickup from Dimarzio. I'm absolutely in love with that pup, the tight low end, the clearness of it, the crunch, and just the sheer amount of balls it has. Any recommendations that you think would sound similar? It'll be played through a triple rec that I'm getting in a month or so, if that helps the decision. Thanks

Affiliated with Ace Music of Newville, PA.

Valennic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2012, 04:16 PM   #1686
Nick // Axe Palace

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikernaut View Post
Nick do you think a Rebel Yell would be a good fit for a Maple neck thru (ebony board) with Mahogany wings tuned to Drop B?
I've had the Rebel Yells in a guitar with similar specs and it sounded great. It will have a bit of a upper mid kick, but if you dont mind that, it will have a nice tight, crispy, clear sound. Typically RYs are best in warmer guitars but with the lower tunings its a really great sound. I had a mahogany wing, neck-thru maple, ebony board BRJ guitar with the RY7 in and it sounded terrific.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valennic View Post
Hey Nick, most generic question in the world really, but I was looking into a new set of pickups for my new 007, because the stock pickups suck terribly, and I figured I'd go to you since the Dominions kick all kinds of ass, and I have you to thank for that.

So, the 007 is all mahogany, neck and body, and she's a set neck. I've got the single coil in the neck model, so I'm only gonna be needing a bridge pup, but what I'm wondering is if BKP has a 7 string pickup similar to the Dominion pickup from Dimarzio. I'm absolutely in love with that pup, the tight low end, the clearness of it, the crunch, and just the sheer amount of balls it has. Any recommendations that you think would sound similar? It'll be played through a triple rec that I'm getting in a month or so, if that helps the decision. Thanks
Hey man. Glad to hear the Dominions are working out. As for the 007, I would recommend the Painkillers in that. Really tight, brutal, clear, nice midrange grind that blends well with the mahogany/rosewood of your guitar.

If you need any help or want to order, let me know

Unread 05-11-2012, 08:00 PM   #1687
Banned

Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
So is BKP doing fanned pickups yet? I heard something about it a while ago, but never anything more.
Stealthdjentstic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2012, 02:19 PM   #1688
Scumbag of the Earth

maxoom is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
deleted question
maxoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2012, 04:46 PM   #1689
Nick // Axe Palace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthdjentstic View Post
So is BKP doing fanned pickups yet? I heard something about it a while ago, but never anything more.
Not that I'm aware of but I'll find out for you.

Unread 05-15-2012, 12:43 PM   #1690
Nick // Axe Palace

I asked Tim if he could do fanned fret 7-string pickups, his answer was this:

"yes we can produce our 7s with a 10 degree angle."

Cool!
MAJ Meadows SF likes this.

Unread 05-19-2012, 04:03 AM   #1691
ss.org Regular

infreaks is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hi Nick,

I wanna ask you some question regarding the aftermath 7 string set

I have Ibanez 7 string - RG 7421 fix bridge and would like to install new pickup, the Aftermath 7 string set, my question is :

- Is the aftermath 7 string set a perfect drop replacement for RG 7421 as the pickup ear/tab in RG 7421 is square shape ? or i have to do some routing or any wood work related ?

- from your site i know that the aftermath 7 string set is out of stock, when will you be able to have it in stock ? and is the price still $279.99 ?

thanks & have a good day
infreaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2012, 05:17 AM   #1692
ss.org Regular

Inverted11 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
How would the Warpig in the bridge and Painkiller in the neck sound in a mahogany 7? I'm going for the Severed Savior lows and Loomis legato sounds. No problem with scooping.
Inverted11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2012, 09:07 AM   #1693
ss.org Regular

Gorodum will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hey folks i've got a Caparison Dellinger 7 . And its already sounds awesome. But I've got an idea to improve it's sound by pickups upgrade. I like Periphery 7 string guitar sound, and know that Misha prefer Aftermaths. But last album he did record with MM JP and Carvin Dc wich has body basswood and alder as I know. I 've got an mahogany.
Can you advice me anything besides Aftermaths may be lundgren or other bare knuckles for better result?
BTW I 've got the same guitar as here on video, sounds close to what i like, but perhaps there are better choise?
Gorodum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2012, 02:43 PM   #1694
Nick // Axe Palace

Quote:
Originally Posted by infreaks View Post
Hi Nick,

I wanna ask you some question regarding the aftermath 7 string set

I have Ibanez 7 string - RG 7421 fix bridge and would like to install new pickup, the Aftermath 7 string set, my question is :

- Is the aftermath 7 string set a perfect drop replacement for RG 7421 as the pickup ear/tab in RG 7421 is square shape ? or i have to do some routing or any wood work related ?

- from your site i know that the aftermath 7 string set is out of stock, when will you be able to have it in stock ? and is the price still $279.99 ?

thanks & have a good day
Since every guitar is different in terms of their pickup route/stock pickups, there's never any guarantees about things being perfect drop-in replacements. We install pickups every week in various guitars here at the shop, and often theres some minor finagling that is required. That being said the BKPs should install easily in your RG7421, as long as you get the uncovered one. Covered ones may require a bit more work.

I have a BKP Order Form on my site that people use to order. I usually dont have them "in stock" very often, because they make them in a million different varieties and they're all hand-made one at a time, it's just not practical to stock them all. We do occasionally get an extra set in stock but they usually sell out fast. If you want to order, you can do so at this link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverted11 View Post
How would the Warpig in the bridge and Painkiller in the neck sound in a mahogany 7? I'm going for the Severed Savior lows and Loomis legato sounds. No problem with scooping.
I don't recommend that set in any guitar, but especially in a mahogany one. The Warpig is better suited in brighter woods, such as alder, poplar, ash, etc. I also think there are much better neck models they make.

I would recommend the Aftermath bridge/Nailbomb neck or Miracle Man set in your setup. Seems to be more the sound you're shooting for, and a better fit for your guitar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorodum View Post
Hey folks i've got a Caparison Dellinger 7 . And its already sounds awesome. But I've got an idea to improve it's sound by pickups upgrade. I like Periphery 7 string guitar sound, and know that Misha prefer Aftermaths. But last album he did record with MM JP and Carvin Dc wich has body basswood and alder as I know. I 've got an mahogany.
Can you advice me anything besides Aftermaths may be lundgren or other bare knuckles for better result?
BTW I 've got the same guitar as here on video, sounds close to what i like, but perhaps there are better choise?
As a Caparison dealer here in the US, I've installed BKPs in many Dellinger 7s. The models that tend to sound best in those for modern metal are the Painkillers, Aftermaths, and Holydivers. The Painkillers are bright and midrangey, but very tight. The Aftermaths have that same tightness but a little more balanced. The Holydivers are also very clear and powerful, but have a bit more of a warmer sound thanks to the Alnico V magnet. It all depends what you're going for.

Yes Mischa is fan of the Aftermaths, but he also uses/has used many other of their models in a variety of his guitars. The Aftermath is an excellent match for a mahogany body guitar, I'd argue even more so than the basswood/alder as its a bright pickup. So thats a safe way to go, but I'm also a fan of the Holydivers. A little sweeter lead tones, bit thicker lows, very sharp attack. Not as tight on the bottom end as the Aftermath but does a good job. The AM does have a more modern sound to it though, the HD rips for the brutal stuff in its own right but it does have a bit of that 80s metal character to it w/ the midrange.

Regardless if you have any questions feel free to ask. If you'd like to order, I'd be happy to ship to you. The order form link is can be found here.

Unread 05-20-2012, 07:28 PM   #1695
Cold As Ice

HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.
Feedback Score: 43 reviews
Figured I'd throw this in here for anyone who doesn't check the recording section:

Did a little clip with the BKP Black Hawk 7 I bought from Nick (thanks again so much for the quick shipping, 2 days from purchase to my door! ), the pickups are installed in an Ibanez S7420QM so the body is mahogany:

BKP Black Hawk 7 Clip 1 by highgain510 on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free
MAJ Meadows SF likes this.

Guitars: PRS (lots <3), Suhr, Parker, Schecter
Rigs: Invader 100, Port City and Mojo cabs w/ Scumback M75's/Hellatone 60's

HighGain510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2012, 10:05 AM   #1696
SS.org Regular

Khoi is a name known to allKhoi is a name known to allKhoi is a name known to allKhoi is a name known to all
you have an order for a Coldsweat! My first official BKP

but I'm still curious, how do you think the Black Hawk compares to the others?
Khoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2012, 12:42 PM   #1697
Nick // Axe Palace

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighGain510 View Post
Figured I'd throw this in here for anyone who doesn't check the recording section:

Did a little clip with the BKP Black Hawk 7 I bought from Nick (thanks again so much for the quick shipping, 2 days from purchase to my door! ), the pickups are installed in an Ibanez S7420QM so the body is mahogany:

BKP Black Hawk 7 Clip 1 by highgain510 on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free
Thanks for sharing man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khoi View Post
you have an order for a Coldsweat! My first official BKP

but I'm still curious, how do you think the Black Hawk compares to the others?
The Black Hawk is so new, I have not been able to test it first hand yet. I just received the first batch of them but those are going to customers. All their models have a completely different vibe, it all depends the sound you're going for, the makeup of your guitar/rig, etc. What all models share is amazing clarity and a wide, 3D tone. The Cold Sweat is known for being bright, balanced, and versatile.

Thanks for the order dude

Unread 05-21-2012, 06:53 PM   #1698
SS.org Regular

Khoi is a name known to allKhoi is a name known to allKhoi is a name known to allKhoi is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by zimbloth View Post
Thanks for sharing man.

The Black Hawk is so new, I have not been able to test it first hand yet. I just received the first batch of them but those are going to customers. All their models have a completely different vibe, it all depends the sound you're going for, the makeup of your guitar/rig, etc. What all models share is amazing clarity and a wide, 3D tone. The Cold Sweat is known for being bright, balanced, and versatile.

Thanks for the order dude

yeah, I figured as much, which is why I didn't jump into the Black Hawk quite yet.

and the Coldsweat description on your site was the exact description I've been looking for, I couldn't have described what I was looking for better than that.
Khoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2012, 07:22 AM   #1699
Cold As Ice

HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.
Feedback Score: 43 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khoi View Post
yeah, I figured as much, which is why I didn't jump into the Black Hawk quite yet.

and the Coldsweat description on your site was the exact description I've been looking for, I couldn't have described what I was looking for better than that.
Just a heads up, I've played the Cold Sweat set in a few guitars and have a set of BH 7's in a guitar currently, they're both great pickups but tonally the Black Hawk set is a better all-around pickup IMO! Thing sounds fantastic, so much so that I'm tempted to order a 6 string set just to have on-hand for my next 6'er.

Guitars: PRS (lots <3), Suhr, Parker, Schecter
Rigs: Invader 100, Port City and Mojo cabs w/ Scumback M75's/Hellatone 60's

HighGain510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2012, 10:57 AM   #1700
SS.org Regular

JMP2203 is just really niceJMP2203 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighGain510 View Post
Just a heads up, I've played the Cold Sweat set in a few guitars and have a set of BH 7's in a guitar currently, they're both great pickups but tonally the Black Hawk set is a better all-around pickup IMO! Thing sounds fantastic, so much so that I'm tempted to order a 6 string set just to have on-hand for my next 6'er.
hey, how the cold sweat neck compared to the BH Neck? any clips?
JMP2203 is offline   Reply With Quote