homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Marketplace > Dealers & Group Buys
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Dealers & Group Buys Classifieds from dealers, and bulk-order discounts for ss.org members.

Like Tree26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-07-2012, 01:36 PM   #1
Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator

technomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
SOLD KxK 7DC Ziricote Top

SOLD!

There's a new in-stock 7DC at KxK:

Specs:
- 25.5" scale
- Figured mahogany neck with Bubinga center strip.
- Figured Mahogany body.
- Ziricote top / headstock cap.
- Ziricote fretboard.
- Bubinga logo, side dots.
- Scatter wound KxK pickups with Bubinga coil tops.
- Ziricote truss cover.
- Figured Mahogany electronics cover.
- Flat clear finish.
- Tone Pros bridge.
- Sperzel locking tuners.
- 24 dunlop 6120 frets.
- Dual design Dunlop strap locks.
- SKB soft side case.
- Approx 6lbs10oz.

More photos and purchase here: Guitars in stock

I think this one has even better figure than the back on mine
kruneh, jrg828 and mphsc like this.

Incoming
It's a surprise

Site Rules. Read Them.
technomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 07-07-2012, 03:57 PM   #2
lover of fine woods

mphsc is a splendid one to beholdmphsc is a splendid one to beholdmphsc is a splendid one to beholdmphsc is a splendid one to beholdmphsc is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Good Lawd'...
mphsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2012, 04:03 PM   #3
The GAS Man

Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 105 reviews
Rob needs to keep It up. These are hard.

[Necris] 6:23 pm: "you will deal with the pork you recieve"
Adam Of Angels is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2012, 04:11 PM   #4
SS Contributor

TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.
....myass that's cool!
TimSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2012, 04:22 PM   #5
As a Lion...

Might-is-Right is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Wow, Rob is killing it as of late. Amazing!!!

My band Oblivion (Brutal Tech Death Metal)
obtainoblivion.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTnBFIAbFjo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOAXTnOFzRE

Proudly endorsed by
KxK Guitars
Rhodes Amplifcation
Might-is-Right is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2012, 10:32 PM   #6
SS.org Regular

Cremated will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
God damn. That thing is gorgeous. I'd make sweet love to it.
Cremated is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2012, 11:08 PM   #7
Dread-I Master

Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Damn

Konfyouzd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2012, 11:52 PM   #8
GHETTO KING OF SWAG

The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I would sell a kidney for that guitar, no questions asked.

If you're going to 'like' my posts, give me some rep instead.

"
i just laughed at my own reflection, not sure if ugly or drunk" -Murmel

The Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2012, 11:57 PM   #9
Banned

Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Wow Rob's stuff is getting way classier. I'm liking his builds this year a lot more than before but I guess its more due to what people order.
Stealthdjentstic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2012, 12:01 AM   #10
TMM
UUDDLRLRBAStart

TMM is shredding to new heights.TMM is shredding to new heights.TMM is shredding to new heights.TMM is shredding to new heights.TMM is shredding to new heights.TMM is shredding to new heights.TMM is shredding to new heights.TMM is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 59 reviews
That headstock shape needs to go away. IMO it has ruined a large number of otherwise awesome looking KxKs. The rest is great!
theoctopus likes this.
TMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2012, 12:04 AM   #11
Giggity

JP Universe is the epitome of metal.JP Universe is the epitome of metal.JP Universe is the epitome of metal.JP Universe is the epitome of metal.JP Universe is the epitome of metal.JP Universe is the epitome of metal.JP Universe is the epitome of metal.JP Universe is the epitome of metal.JP Universe is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Holy shit that's hot.... no surprises here
JP Universe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2012, 12:40 AM   #12
ss.org Regular

Kwampis is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMM View Post
That headstock shape needs to go away.
I think it's a great headstock.

This is seriously one of the most gorgeous guitars I have ever seen though.
Kwampis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2012, 06:38 PM   #13
Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator

technomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMM View Post
That headstock shape needs to go away. IMO it has ruined a large number of otherwise awesome looking KxKs. The rest is great!
We'll agree to disagree, I think it's one of the best headstocks Rob has done and owning one of the 7DCs the headstock fits it perfectly
elq, JP Universe and mphsc like this.

Incoming
It's a surprise

Site Rules. Read Them.
Unread 07-08-2012, 07:25 PM   #14
lover of fine woods

mphsc is a splendid one to beholdmphsc is a splendid one to beholdmphsc is a splendid one to beholdmphsc is a splendid one to beholdmphsc is a splendid one to behold
It works perfectly on his 7SC as well. (IMHO)
mphsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2012, 07:52 PM   #15
Banned

leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
So does anyone have a clue what the tonal attributes of a thick ziricote cap over mahogany may be? I know what maple would do but no clue really what ziricote would do.
leonardo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2012, 08:56 PM   #16
SS.org Regular

WillDfx is a splendid one to beholdWillDfx is a splendid one to beholdWillDfx is a splendid one to beholdWillDfx is a splendid one to beholdWillDfx is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
^I've always heard that Ziricote was an extremely bright sounding wood, tonally. If I'm wrong, I do apologize of course. Oh and don't you dare buy this guitar! You already own too many instruments I would kill for!!
WillDfx is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2012, 08:56 PM   #17
SS.org Regular

Cremated will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonardo7 View Post
So does anyone have a clue what the tonal attributes of a thick ziricote cap over mahogany may be? I know what maple would do but no clue really what ziricote would do.
Ziricote is tonally similar to rosewood. It's actually a type of rosewood, I believe.

Edit... Nevermind, it's not a rosewood. But I've always heard it was tonally similar. I can't really speak fom experience though.
Cremated is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2012, 08:58 PM   #18
Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonardo7 View Post
IIRC it's supposed to be like a good rosewood only with a sharper attack. So great note clarity and warmth with a bit more bite than rosewood. Should sound fantastic If I had the cash this would already be on its way to me

Incoming
It's a surprise

Site Rules. Read Them.
Unread 07-08-2012, 09:05 PM   #19
Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator

MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cremated View Post
It's actually a type of rosewood, I believe.
Nope. True Rosewoods are of the Dalbergia genus in the Fabaceae family while Ziricote is of the Cordia genus in the Boraginaceae family.

They're as closely related as Maple and Mahogany.

Compared to most Hard/Rock Maple, most Ziricote is harder and heavier. The wood has similar long grain patterns as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomancer View Post
IIRC it's supposed to be like a good rosewood
I can see that, as it has nearly identical physical properties to Brazillian Rosewood, if anything a little denser and heavier.

Need help with setting up a trem?
Need info on your Ibby?
Live in Milwaukee? Please feel free to message me.

New Rules. Read Them.
MaxOfMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2012, 09:13 PM   #20
Extended Ranger

Hollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himself
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Hollowway is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2012, 09:21 PM   #21
Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowway View Post
Max is right on it not being a type of rosewood, but it is tonally similar with the difference I noted
Hollowway likes this.

Incoming
It's a surprise

Site Rules. Read Them.
Unread 07-08-2012, 09:25 PM   #22
Extended Ranger

Hollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himself
Quote:
Originally Posted by technomancer View Post
Max is right on it not being a type of rosewood, but it is tonally similar with the difference I noted
One things for sure - hanging out on here is like getting a degree in guitarology. I didn't know a fraction of the stuff I've learned from you guys before I got on here.
Unread 07-08-2012, 09:27 PM   #23
..to pay the beels

skeels is shredding to new heights.skeels is shredding to new heights.skeels is shredding to new heights.skeels is shredding to new heights.skeels is shredding to new heights.skeels is shredding to new heights.skeels is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Guess I picked the wrong week to give up ziricote.
skeels is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2012, 10:11 PM   #24
Doc McStuffins

USMarine75 is a name known to allUSMarine75 is a name known to allUSMarine75 is a name known to allUSMarine75 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I'm deciding between pulling the trigger on this and staying married... there's a lot of hot chicks out there, but so few ziricote/mahogany/bubinga guitars.

I'm a lover… Not a fighter... But I'm also a fighter, so don’t get any ideas.
USMarine75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2012, 10:19 PM   #25
Extended Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMarine75 View Post
I'm deciding between pulling the trigger on this and staying married... there's a lot of hot chicks out there, but so few ziricote/mahogany/bubinga guitars.
I'm not one to sig stuff, but that line is definitely worthy of it! If the judge plays guitar you'll get whatever you ask for in the procedings.