homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Marketplace > Dealers & Group Buys
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Dealers & Group Buys Classifieds from dealers, and bulk-order discounts for ss.org members.

Like Tree431Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-15-2011, 02:42 PM   #1
ERG/ERB Builder

Tom Drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightTom Drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightTom Drinkwater is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Oakland Axe Factory BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL!!

Ok, it's really not a black friday special in the strictest sense but it is a crazy offer. I want to make a bunch of guitars this winter, it's coming up on the craziest shopping day of the year and I have a router table that is itching to get dusty. So, instead of letting Walmart and Best Buy have all the fun on Black Friday here is my deal to you.

Single cutaway body style 8 string
Black Hipshot hardware
Black Lace Aluma-Djent or Dimarzio DA8 pickups
Volume, tone and 3 way switch
Ash, Alder or Mahogany body
24 fret Bolt on Bamboo neck with two dual action truss rods
Bubinga or Pau Ferro fretboard with Luminlay side dots
Satin natural finish
27” scale
$999 if ordered on or before November 30, 2011
add $100 for a 1/4" figured maple top with 2 step dye satin finish
Parts orders will be placed December 1, 2011.

Seriously folks, November 30, 2011. Just like on my custom guitars I need 50% down to get materials and the balance is due upon completion so don't be freaked out if you don't have much $$ in your pocket right now. You could have as many as 4 months to save up the other half.

In order to keep this crazy deal as sane as possible I have to limit the options to a couple of different fretboard woods.
SamSam, OrsusMetal and JaeSwift like this.

Oakland Axe Factory uses Octave4Plus custom strings, Dimarzio and Lace pickups, Hipshot Hardware and Graphtech saddles.
Tom Drinkwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 11-15-2011, 03:13 PM   #2
Banned

Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
How many orders is this capped at?
Isan likes this.
Stealthdjentstic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2011, 03:17 PM   #3
Doc McStuffins

USMarine75 is a name known to allUSMarine75 is a name known to allUSMarine75 is a name known to allUSMarine75 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
^ Sounds like there's going to be a fewguitars out there for $1500 with Steath written in crayon on the headstock...
XEN likes this.
USMarine75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2011, 03:21 PM   #4
ERG/ERB Builder

Tom Drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightTom Drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightTom Drinkwater is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
^ Sounds like there's going to be a fewguitars out there for $1500 with Steath written in crayon on the headstock...
Holy #$%^ that's funny.

I don't forsee a reason to put a cap on the deal. If I get a really ridiculous amount of orders I may have to but I'll have to wait and see.

Oakland Axe Factory uses Octave4Plus custom strings, Dimarzio and Lace pickups, Hipshot Hardware and Graphtech saddles.
Unread 11-15-2011, 03:31 PM   #5
Banned

Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
For sure, I was just curious because last time there was a Black Friday type sale someone decided not to cap it and the wait times far exceeded what was originally estimate during deposit days.

Just something to think about I guess.
Razzy likes this.
Stealthdjentstic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2011, 06:26 PM   #6
ERG/ERB Builder

I just added Alder to the body woods choices. Highly recommended by a metal playing buddy of mine.

Quote:
For sure, I was just curious because last time there was a Black Friday type sale someone decided not to cap it and the wait times far exceeded what was originally estimate during deposit days.

Definitely on my mind. I'll try to make sure I can have a realistic lead time on these. No one wants to wait forever for a guitar.

Unread 11-15-2011, 06:31 PM   #7
SS Contributor

Isan is a glorious beacon of lightIsan is a glorious beacon of lightIsan is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthdjentstic View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Drinkwater View Post
No one wants to wait forever for a guitar.
Yeah, I should have my blackfriday guitar from last sale within a month

Isan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2011, 06:32 PM   #8
The Armada

JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
"Should."
Hourglass1117 likes this.
JamesM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2011, 06:34 PM   #9
The Armada

JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Upload pics to entice customers Tom.

It's worth mentioning that I've never heard anything but good things about Tom and how quick he gets his stuff done... Just worth noting to potential buyers...
JamesM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2011, 06:44 PM   #10
Reason User

ThePhilosopher is a name known to allThePhilosopher is a name known to allThePhilosopher is a name known to allThePhilosopher is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
If I can sell a guitar or two prior to this closing I'll be happily joining.

"Congrats on joining the man-fan club " - EtherealEntity
My Photography: www.bartkophoto.com
My Bandcamp: http://dbartko.bandcamp.com/
My Soundcloud: www.soundcloud.com/dbartko
ThePhilosopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2011, 07:15 PM   #11
SS.org Regular

Erick Kroenen is a jewel in the rough
^ +1

XEN-HDC8
Erick Kroenen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2011, 07:48 AM   #12
ERG/ERB Builder

Please be patient with me, my internet service is extremely slow and unreliable. I have tried to post this 3 times today!!

Ok, here it is.

I am working on getting pics up of my recent build that shares the basic design of this run of guitars. Hopefully have something up today.

I am going to edit the original post to include Indian Rosewood as a neck wood choice. LMI has limited numbers of the Rosewood so it's first come first serve for that.

Unread 11-16-2011, 07:50 AM   #13
Doc McStuffins

USMarine75 is a name known to allUSMarine75 is a name known to allUSMarine75 is a name known to allUSMarine75 is a name known to all
^ Yes, pics please!!!
USMarine75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2011, 08:49 AM   #14
the:pawn.project

Rap Hat is just really niceRap Hat is just really nice
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
This is so totally awesome, thank you Tom! (this is Ben M.) I can't wait to see the eventual progress of these.

For anyone wondering, Tom is amazingly great to work with. I've been talking about ordering the Aluma-Djents and eventually doing a build, and Tom has responded quickly to every question I've had. This level of care and support is top-notch, and I haven't even made a purchase yet!
Rap Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2011, 09:28 AM   #15
cylon

thraxil is a glorious beacon of lightthraxil is a glorious beacon of lightthraxil is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Is this for the multiscale model or is it straight 27"?
thraxil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2011, 09:56 AM   #16
Tranquil insurgent

celticelk is a name known to allcelticelk is a name known to allcelticelk is a name known to allcelticelk is a name known to all
The guitars offered here are pretty similar to my recent OAF build: NGD: Oakland Axe Factory 8-string (I once killed a boy with a 56K modem...)

I got a maple neck and fretboard, which isn't on offer here, but those are the "Aluma-Djent" pickups, with the same scale length and control configuration that Tom's offering. There's a link to the build thread in my NGD post for more pics and other details.

EDIT: also, check out the pics on Tom's website gallery: http://www.oaklandaxefactory.com/gallery_6and8.html
XEN likes this.

If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you.
If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you.
-The Gospel of Thomas

Melody is the outpouring of the soul. Words interrupt the stream of the emotions.
For the songs of the souls, at the time they are swaying in the high regions to drink from the well of the Almighty,
consist of tones only, dismantled of words.
-Rabbi Shneur Zalman

7 strings, played slowly.
celticelk is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2011, 12:17 PM   #17
DjentyGoodness

thatguy87 is just really nicethatguy87 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I really should not be looking at this.... My credit card is twitching in my wallet...
thatguy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2011, 12:37 PM   #18
XEN
BEYOND 6UITAR & B4SS

XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguy87 View Post
I really should not be looking at this.... My credit card is twitching in my wallet...
It feels neglected. You should let it out for this one.

XEN STRINGED INSTRUMENTS
BEYOND 6UITAR AND B4SS

xen.guitars / xen.facebook / xen.email
XEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2011, 04:34 PM   #19
ERG/ERB Builder

Alrighty, I have more options to add to the list!!

For a meer $100 you can add a 1/4" figured maple top with a two step dye job. That basically means that I darken the figure with a dark dye, sand it off and then apply a transparent color over that.

Here is a link to my album here on ss.org with that purple 8 string I did earlier this year for an idea of what the dye job looks like.

Sevenstring.org - Tom Drinkwater's Album: Guitars
thatguy87 likes this.

Unread 11-16-2011, 04:35 PM   #20
ERG/ERB Builder

jrg828 likes this.

Unread 11-16-2011, 04:35 PM   #21
ERG/ERB Builder

ahh ha!!!! I figured out the "image code" thing.

Unread 11-16-2011, 07:38 PM   #22
SS.org Regular

Erick Kroenen is a jewel in the rough
i need money! you are giving me so much GAS i have questions about the neck profile thickness and radius of the fretboard?

XEN-HDC8
Erick Kroenen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2011, 09:34 PM   #23
DjentyGoodness

thatguy87 is just really nicethatguy87 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I am seriously considering this. and also ^this. are the different fretboards upcharged? and also do you happen to have a picture of the bamboo neck? I have never seen such a thing.
thatguy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2011, 07:03 AM   #24
ERG/ERB Builder

Unfortunately I don't have a pic of the bamboo but I can take some today and post it tonight.

Neck profile thickness= I thin the neck down from 3/4" to around 5/8" on my overarm router and then carve the profile.

I chose Pau Ferro and Bubinga mostly due to their stability and good looks. I may offer ebony as an upgrade but that would be about it. I'm trying to keep this as simple and uncomplicated as possible to avoid dragging the build out for the next year so I have to limit the options.

Unread 11-19-2011, 07:36 AM   #25
ERG/ERB Builder

Sorry for not getting pics up yet. I have to take a bunch of photos today so I'll try to get some of the guitar and the bamboo.

I am adding ebony to the list of fb woods for a $40 upcharge.