homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Marketplace > Dealers & Group Buys
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Dealers & Group Buys Classifieds from dealers, and bulk-order discounts for ss.org members.

Like Tree431Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-14-2012, 01:26 PM   #351
SS.org Regular

ForThisGift is just really niceForThisGift is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Drinkwater View Post
Setting up SamSam's guitar today. I forgot how much I like the Dimarzio's DA8's. I can't wait for them to release more 8 string models.
LUCKY!!
ForThisGift is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 04-15-2012, 07:30 AM   #352
ERG/ERB Builder

Tom Drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightTom Drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightTom Drinkwater is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Here's Sam's guitar 99.9% finished. It's all set up and and ready to shred. I just need to make the truss rod cover. At this point I've only played them through my little crate bass amp in the shop, it hasn't been properly tested through the 5150 or the Ashdown yet.

XEN, SamSam, Bigfan and 4 others like this.

Oakland Axe Factory uses Octave4Plus custom strings, Dimarzio and Lace pickups, Hipshot Hardware and Graphtech saddles.
Tom Drinkwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2012, 07:31 AM   #353
ERG/ERB Builder

Tom Drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightTom Drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightTom Drinkwater is a glorious beacon of light
I should also put some knobs on there too

Oakland Axe Factory uses Octave4Plus custom strings, Dimarzio and Lace pickups, Hipshot Hardware and Graphtech saddles.
Unread 04-15-2012, 07:33 AM   #354
Banned

Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Damn tom, you're a machine!
Tom Drinkwater likes this.
Stealthdjentstic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2012, 08:22 AM   #355
Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator

technomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Drinkwater View Post
Here's Sam's guitar 99.9% finished. It's all set up and and ready to shred. I just need to make the truss rod cover. At this point I've only played them through my little crate bass amp in the shop, it hasn't been properly tested through the 5150 or the Ashdown yet.

http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/o...860640x480.jpg

http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/o...859640x480.jpg
Love the color, love the design... absolutely hate the sanded off arm contour and huge pickup routes (assuming there aren't active covers going on there).

Incoming
It's a surprise

Site Rules. Read Them.
technomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2012, 10:22 AM   #356
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomancer View Post
Love the color, love the design... absolutely hate the sanded off arm contour and huge pickup routes (assuming there aren't active covers going on there).
If it changes your opinion of it, the contour was actually taken off with a chainsaw....how metal is that!?!?!

But in all seriousness, I think that looks pretty cool. If contrast was something you wanted, the arm contour is certainly going to provide it. I would love to see a shot of the back of the guitar with that beautiful rosewood neck too.

(four thumbs up).
Unread 04-15-2012, 10:24 AM   #357
ERG/ERB Builder

The disappearing top isn't for everyone, that is for sure. I didn't care for it on some of the first guitars that I saw it on my then it grew on me.

The pickups routes are basically universal 8 string cavities. They give the owner the ability to use any off the shelf 8 string pups from Dimarzio, Seymour Duncan, Lace etc. If I get these guitars all set up ahead of schedule I may mill spacers like I did on Celticelk's guitar.

Unread 04-15-2012, 01:13 PM   #358
TMM
UUDDLRLRBAStart

TMM is shredding to new heights.TMM is shredding to new heights.TMM is shredding to new heights.TMM is shredding to new heights.TMM is shredding to new heights.TMM is shredding to new heights.TMM is shredding to new heights.TMM is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 59 reviews
Do you not like EBMMs either, Steve?

I personally love the arm carves like that.
TMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2012, 01:30 PM   #359
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMM View Post

I don't think he's talking about the arm cut itself. He is referring to the way the maple top dissolves halfway through the cut. I personally don't mind it and think it is kind of a unique touch. I can't think of another guitar I have seen that way.
Unread 04-15-2012, 01:43 PM   #360
Undecided forever

Empryrean is a name known to allEmpryrean is a name known to allEmpryrean is a name known to allEmpryrean is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Well Tom, it's only a matter of time now, I want an OAF even more now

[ry_z] 4:17 am: You looked tiredness in the face, flexed, and canceled it.
Empryrean is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2012, 02:49 PM   #361
the:pawn.project

Rap Hat is just really niceRap Hat is just really nice
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Some Strictly 7's had the "dissolving" top like that - here's a pic of one with it:
http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/t...%207/002-1.jpg.

When I first saw the carve in the video I was a little on the fence, wasn't sure if Tom was going to stain the body wood or leave it natural. Seeing it completed though, it's starting to grow on me. Having it the same color as the top helps a bunch too.

Re: pickup routes, hopefully there will be time to make the spacers. I'm pretty glad they're the larger routes since I'll definitely be trying various pickups, and it'll be nice to go from Lace to DiMarzio to whatever without needing to route myself. I may end up getting the active style covers though... Maybe it would be worth including these with each guitar? Got Guitar Parts? : Guitar Jones USA. They're pretty cheap.
SamSam and ForThisGift like this.

Check out my soundcloud: Slothful Bong
Rap Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2012, 03:20 PM   #362
SS.org Regular

Yeah, I remember thinking during the carving video "what is he going to do with the top" when I saw that it was being removed in the process. But I was confident that Tom knows what he is doing and curious to see the result.

It will be interesting to see it with some of the other color selections. Also the truss rod covers he posted on FB look sick too. I was going to roll without one, but after seeing them I have changed my mind. It will be a cool effect to have the fretboard extend up onto the headstock.
Unread 04-15-2012, 04:42 PM   #363
Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator

technomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMM View Post

No, I didn't like the look of it on the EBMMs either when they were doing it, and on those the contour was curved so you couldn't do a drop top on them. The newer BFRs have the drop top and the horns where it can't be bent have a burst on them.

To be honest I really like the guitars from this run and was kind of regretting not ordering one until I saw the forearm cuts

Anyways I think we can drop this not without dwelling on it any further

Incoming
It's a surprise

Site Rules. Read Them.
technomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2012, 04:47 PM   #364
ss.org Regular

IB-studjent- is a jewel in the rough
Tom, brilliant color, quality, and top, but like techno I'm not really digging that cutaway but other than that it's perfect !

-Vik duality 8 fanned fret-
-Vik DCA baritone 6 string
-

This just in:
Apologies to the other Abasi fanbois out there....I have just recently - yesterday actually - moved to a new favorite guitarist. stated a relavent member of the music community.
IB-studjent- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2012, 06:05 PM   #365
ERG/ERB Builder

Re: pickup routes, hopefully there will be time to make the spacers. I'm pretty glad they're the larger routes since I'll definitely be trying various pickups, and it'll be nice to go from Lace to DiMarzio to whatever without needing to route myself. I may end up getting the active style covers though... Maybe it would be worth including these with each guitar? Got Guitar Parts? : Guitar Jones USA. They're pretty cheap.

Awesome, I've never seen these before!! Unless there are objections I'll get these for the guitars with the DA8's rather than milling spacers.
SamSam and gregmarx7 like this.

Unread 04-18-2012, 03:57 PM   #366
the:pawn.project

Rap Hat is just really niceRap Hat is just really nice
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
I just caught the OAF Facebook pics of Sam's guitar, and the one showing the Luminlays is sick! I thought they were all going to be green; is it just Sam's that has the blue ones?

Check out my soundcloud: Slothful Bong
Rap Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2012, 04:28 PM   #367
SS.org Regular

Mine has pink luminlay.
Unread 04-18-2012, 05:53 PM   #368
GAS problems

SamSam is just really niceSamSam is just really nice
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
If I'm going headless I'm going with teh pinks for sure.
SamSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2012, 05:59 PM   #369
SS.org Regular

They dont really make pink, but other colors would be awesome. I would love some bright whites so they can be color neutral.
Unread 04-18-2012, 06:06 PM   #370
GAS problems

Damn you, you gave me so much hope!! I could envisage it clearly!!!
Unread 04-18-2012, 06:12 PM   #371
SS.org Regular

On a related note, with these guitars nearing completion, I find myself with some very impatient impulses. I feel like its Christmas Eve and I am 8 years old again.

To say I am anxious to see the results and feast my eyes on these guitars would be an understatment. With that said, the waiting just makes the payoff that much sweeter.
Unread 04-18-2012, 06:21 PM   #372
GAS problems

Seeing mine just makes me even more eager to see the rest, the finish really exceeded my expectations. I want to eat the damn thing. Can't wait for the family shot!
Unread 04-18-2012, 09:39 PM   #373
SS.org Regular

Wow. The new pics of yours are SICK Sam. Congrats, that is a beauty. What body wood did you get? Ash? It came out incredible with that stain.
Unread 04-19-2012, 12:49 AM   #374
TMM
UUDDLRLRBAStart

TMM is shredding to new heights.TMM is shredding to new heights.TMM is shredding to new heights.TMM is shredding to new heights.TMM is shredding to new heights.TMM is shredding to new heights.TMM is shredding to new heights.TMM is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 59 reviews
Luminlays FTW. That pic looks awesome, I can't wait to see mine done!
TMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2012, 01:15 AM   #375
has wood for you

scherzo1928 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/scherzo1928 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/scherzo1928 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/scherzo1928 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/scherzo1928 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/scherzo1928 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/scherzo1928 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
2 awesome pics I saw today.

Life doesnt get much better than an 8 string and a labrador.

Is this... guitar?
scherzo1928 is offline   Reply With Quote