homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Marketplace > Dealers & Group Buys
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Dealers & Group Buys Classifieds from dealers, and bulk-order discounts for ss.org members.

Like Tree431Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-03-2012, 07:12 PM   #301
the:pawn.project

Rap Hat is just really niceRap Hat is just really nice
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
The Toone is definitely very different, but I really appreciate what he does and the advances he's helped push along. I'd love to try one someday, but I imagine if you're not sized and don't play just like the original owner it might not be ideal.

Back to the OAFs, if anyone is getting Lace X-Bars besides me and has never tried them, they're absolutely fantastic! I was curious to their sound and had the perfect opportunity to change, and now I'm considering switching over more of my guitars to Lace. My new Lace-equipped git is only 1 pup though, so I'm still dying to try the neck X-Bar out. If it's anything like the P90ness of the bridge it should be outstanding.
Empryrean likes this.

Check out my soundcloud: Slothful Bong
Rap Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 04-03-2012, 07:13 PM   #302
Kane's Bane

Danukenator is a splendid one to beholdDanukenator is a splendid one to beholdDanukenator is a splendid one to beholdDanukenator is a splendid one to beholdDanukenator is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowway View Post
I was thinking about doing a headless build with Tom, but the fact is the hardware alone puts the price way up. I'm sure Tom would do it if you were interested in it, though!
The issue is, that ....er named money is in my way again. Like a cheesy Bond villain, he re-appears just as you thought he was finished!
Tom Drinkwater likes this.
Danukenator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2012, 07:16 PM   #303

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danukenator View Post
The issue is, that ....er named money is in my way again. Like a cheesy Bond villain, he re-appears just as you thought he was finished!
Just get a locking nut in an OAF and cut the headstock off once it's in tune! Someone did that to "convert" their guitar (can't remember who though), and it worked great! Well, until they needed to change strings....

Unread 04-03-2012, 09:41 PM   #304
SS.org Regular

ForThisGift is just really niceForThisGift is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rap Hat View Post
Back to the OAFs, if anyone is getting Lace X-Bars besides me and has never tried them, they're absolutely fantastic! I was curious to their sound and had the perfect opportunity to change, and now I'm considering switching over more of my guitars to Lace. My new Lace-equipped git is only 1 pup though, so I'm still dying to try the neck X-Bar out. If it's anything like the P90ness of the bridge it should be outstanding.

I am taking a leap of faith on the Lace pickups (I got one of each in mine). I am hoping they are as versatile as advertised. The other reason I went with them over the Dimarzio option is because Q-Tuner is going to be going back into production, which is ultimately what I wanted. This way, I get to try something new and provide some feedback on it, and I have the active spaced routes to accommodate the potential switch down the road.
ForThisGift is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2012, 06:10 AM   #305
ERG/ERB Builder

Tom Drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightTom Drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightTom Drinkwater is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I'd like to make an ergo someday. I've always liked the Klein. I like some of the newer ergo designs but some of them are way to artsy for me.

I should work on an ergonomic guitar design just to see what happens.
OrsusMetal and celticelk like this.

Oakland Axe Factory uses Octave4Plus custom strings, Dimarzio and Lace pickups, Hipshot Hardware and Graphtech saddles.
Tom Drinkwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2012, 10:23 AM   #306
Power Metal Cellist

TemjinStrife is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/TemjinStrife is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/TemjinStrife is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/TemjinStrife is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/TemjinStrife is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/TemjinStrife is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/TemjinStrife is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Drinkwater View Post
I'd like to make an ergo someday. I've always liked the Klein. I like some of the newer ergo designs but some of them are way to artsy for me.

I should work on an ergonomic guitar design just to see what happens.
I love the Klein and the Tesla. Would love to see more designs in that vein.
OrsusMetal likes this.
TemjinStrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2012, 11:07 AM   #307
Tranquil insurgent

celticelk is a name known to allcelticelk is a name known to allcelticelk is a name known to allcelticelk is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TemjinStrife View Post
I love the Klein and the Tesla. Would love to see more designs in that vein.
Or an 8-string Ovation Breadwinner! =) Hey, if it's good enough for Tom Morello....

If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you.
If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you.
-The Gospel of Thomas

Melody is the outpouring of the soul. Words interrupt the stream of the emotions.
For the songs of the souls, at the time they are swaying in the high regions to drink from the well of the Almighty,
consist of tones only, dismantled of words.
-Rabbi Shneur Zalman

7 strings, played slowly.
celticelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2012, 11:17 AM   #308
In brightest day...

OrsusMetal is a name known to allOrsusMetal is a name known to allOrsusMetal is a name known to allOrsusMetal is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Do a headless version of your tele design! I'd order one of those!

Single humbucker with maple fretboards.
OrsusMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2012, 11:55 AM   #309
SS.org Regular

I like the idea of headless guitars, and am not against ergonomics. They just need to look nice.

Speaking of looking nice, is anyone else excited to see the pretty colors on the black friday guitars?
Tom Drinkwater and Rap Hat like this.
Unread 04-04-2012, 12:18 PM   #310
ERG/ERB Builder

Tom Drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightTom Drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightTom Drinkwater is a glorious beacon of light
I have some pics but I haven't taken the time to upload them yet. I'm getting close to end of the finish application and I hope to get some pics posted then.

I have a couple of ideas for a headless tuning system and I actually spent some time this morning working out a headless ergo version of my single cut. That body is basically ergo already, it just needed some tweaking.

Oakland Axe Factory uses Octave4Plus custom strings, Dimarzio and Lace pickups, Hipshot Hardware and Graphtech saddles.
Unread 04-04-2012, 01:10 PM   #311
SS.org Regular

I like the ideas of the weight savings on the headless builds and think they really compliment compact and thin bodies as well. I can't tell you how many times I have scoured for Steinbergers online, but at the end of the day I want some extended range and scale options as well.
Unread 04-04-2012, 01:32 PM   #312
GAS problems

SamSam is just really niceSamSam is just really nice
Plus one on the Headless designs. Maybe another plus if they are fanned
SamSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2012, 07:38 PM   #313
Extended Ranger

Hollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himself
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
I have a couple of ideas for a headless tuning system and I actually spent some time this morning working out a headless ergo version of my single cut. That body is basically ergo already, it just needed some tweaking.
Like individual tuners that would work on a fanned model?
Hollowway is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2012, 09:07 PM   #314
ERG/ERB Builder

The current design is specifically for multiscale models. The design is very simple and discrete. As much as I like Steinbergers and Box Guitars I'm not crazy about having a huge bridge/tuning mechanism dominating the face of the guitar. So far the prototype works well enough that I've been able to identify some major design flaws and have reworked the whole system a few times to get smoother action and more leverage. I won't be posting any pics of the system until I have a guitar for it and that could be a while off still. I need to finish these Black Friday guitars and 5 or 6 others before I can spend alot of time with R+D. I will get a pic of the full scale drawing of the headless 8 string single cut up before too long though.

Unread 04-04-2012, 10:48 PM   #315
For Mod

Fiction is a name known to allFiction is a name known to allFiction is a name known to allFiction is a name known to all
Tom, Stop being so damn cool!

[Fiction] 1:47 pm: she could probably toss a salad with that thing
Fiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2012, 11:06 PM   #316
Ibanez whore

theo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiction View Post
Tom, Stop being so damn cool!
What? You'd rather he was a complete prick?
theo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2012, 11:09 PM   #317
Extended Ranger

Hollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himself
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
The design is very simple and discrete. As much as I like Steinbergers and Box Guitars I'm not crazy about having a huge bridge/tuning mechanism dominating the face of the guitar.
Amen to that. I don't know why some of these headless designs have humongous tuners. I'm excited to see what you come up with.
Hollowway is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2012, 11:59 PM   #318
For Mod

Fiction is a name known to allFiction is a name known to allFiction is a name known to allFiction is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by theo View Post
What? You'd rather he was a complete prick?
Pricks get the chicks
Hollowway likes this.

Unread 04-05-2012, 04:13 AM   #319
SS.org Regular

in-pursuit is just really nicein-pursuit is just really nice
I'm super keen in headless, ergo, klein style 9 string fanned fret guitars. Yes I am.
in-pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2012, 05:58 AM   #320
ERG/ERB Builder

Quote:
I'm super keen in headless, ergo, klein style 9 string fanned fret guitars. Yes I am.
Me too.

Unread 04-05-2012, 06:17 AM   #321
Tranquil insurgent

celticelk is a name known to allcelticelk is a name known to allcelticelk is a name known to allcelticelk is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiction View Post
Pricks get the chicks
Have you seen a photo of Tom's wife? I don't think being a good guy has hurt him a bit in that regard.

Back on topic, all of this headless talk is very intriguing. I'd love to see those drawings when you get a chance, Tom! In your copious free time, of course.

If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you.
-The Gospel of Thomas

Melody is the outpouring of the soul. Words interrupt the stream of the emotions.
For the songs of the souls, at the time they are swaying in the high regions to drink from the well of the Almighty,
-Rabbi Shneur Zalman

Unread 04-05-2012, 06:43 AM   #322

Oh man, if you can create a headless with a new design... I should just give you my bank info, then whenever you come up with something you can take a deposit then and there!

Unread 04-05-2012, 06:44 AM   #323
For Mod

Last time i ever try to be funny, all these questions regarding my "comical" comments

But I am also keen to see some sketches, very much so.

Unread 04-05-2012, 02:24 PM   #324
ERG/ERB Builder

Quote:
But I am also keen to see some sketches, very much so.
I tried to load a pic onto photobucket but the site either won't load or freezes immediately after logging in so I'll post a pic on my facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Oakla...type=1&theater
celticelk likes this.

Unread 04-05-2012, 02:32 PM   #325
Tranquil insurgent

Quote:
I tried to load a pic onto photobucket but the site either won't load or freezes immediately after logging in so I'll post a pic on my facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Oakland-Axe-Factory/125141717542006#!/photo.php?fbid=333395166716659&set=a.1251434242085 02.18044.125141717542006&type=1&theater
Oh HELL YEAH.

-The Gospel of Thomas

-Rabbi Shneur Zalman