homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Marketplace > Dealers & Group Buys
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Dealers & Group Buys Classifieds from dealers, and bulk-order discounts for ss.org members.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-21-2011, 01:10 AM   #1
Rhodes Amplification

protoplasma will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
S7G 8 String --> Rhodes Colossus H-100

Here's a video of the charismatic Allan Marcus playing one of his 8 string guitars through a Colossus H-100. Allan is a full-time luthier for Strictly 7 Guitars, a bad ass player, and one funny dude.

The amp is running at bedroom-ish levels for the first two clips. The video was recorded in the evening and he couldn't really crank it up. The clean bass demo at the end was at performance volume, as you can hear by the iPhone mic clipping in parts.

Skip to 1:30 for some 8 string action through Lead 1 (Andy Wood voicing mod engaged), 2:40 for some soloing on Lead 2, and 4:10 for some bass-style playing through the Clean channel.

protoplasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 10-21-2011, 10:32 PM   #2
SS.org Regular

narad is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/narad is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/narad is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/narad is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/narad is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/narad is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/narad is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Thoughts of simply getting a poweramp from you fading...fading...
narad is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2011, 10:52 PM   #3
TMM
UUDDLRLRBAStart

TMM is shredding to new heights.TMM is shredding to new heights.TMM is shredding to new heights.TMM is shredding to new heights.TMM is shredding to new heights.TMM is shredding to new heights.TMM is shredding to new heights.TMM is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 59 reviews
Sounds great! Thought at some point, I'd love to see another with more , less meedley-mee - I want to hear how mean these can get. Seems like they have a great fundamental tone.
TMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2011, 10:24 AM   #4
As a Lion...

Might-is-Right is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by narad View Post
HAHA, thats what happened to me my friend. now the Colossus sits in my studio room. resistance is futile.

TMM, that amp can get as mean as you want it!
Might-is-Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2011, 09:00 PM   #5
Rhodes Amplification

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMM View Post
Sounds great! Thought at some point, I'd love to see another with more , less meedley-mee - I want to hear how mean these can get. Seems like they have a great fundamental tone.
While it's not 8 string stuff, it is in C (maybe B?), the first two songs here --> Rhodes Amplification's sounds on SoundCloud where recorded with all Colossus. There are others on my SoundCloud page to check out as well.

Also there's Jason's killer demo:

HOWEVER, Allan (dude in S7 video) is entering the studio next week to record his Drake Equation project. I've heard some of the writing/ideas and it is going to freaking slay. The dude plays drums as well and it's just unreal. Oh, and yes, it will be all Colossus featuring his new signature 9 string!
Unread 10-22-2011, 09:04 PM   #6
Rhodes Amplification

Quote:
Originally Posted by protoplasma View Post
HOWEVER, Allan (dude in S7 video) is entering the studio next week to record his Drake Equation project. I've heard some of the writing/ideas and it is going to freaking slay. The dude plays drums as well and it's just unreal. Oh, and yes, it will be all Colossus featuring his new signature 9 string!
I forgot to mention, the studio/engineer Allan records with is the very same as the Devin Townsend Project!
Unread 10-22-2011, 09:09 PM   #7
Rhodes Amplification

Quote:
Originally Posted by narad View Post
Thanks!

While I've had a lot of requests for power amps, it's very difficult to offer one at a cost-effective price when I'm building in small quantities.

Also, while my power sections are tweaked and tuned to my liking (tight, lots of balls, and smooth) using custom iron and powerful power supplies, I feel like I offer something more eye/ear-catching with my preamp designs. The Rhodes tone I'm developing comes from the sum of all the parts, and the preamp is where a lot of it lives.
Unread 10-22-2011, 09:12 PM   #8
Rhodes Amplification

Quote:
Originally Posted by Might-is-Right View Post
HAHA, thats what happened to me my friend. now the Colossus sits in my studio room. resistance is futile.

TMM, that amp can get as mean as you want it!
Oh yes, Ted and I had many emails and conversations about this sort of thing. He was considering keeping his giant Mesa power amp and having me build him a simple 2 channel preamp to mate with it. Once he had the Colossus demo amp in his clutches I gave him instructions on how to pair its preamp with the Mesa power section. Well, the rest is history, he has the whole shebang now!