homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Marketplace > Dealers & Group Buys
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Dealers & Group Buys Classifieds from dealers, and bulk-order discounts for ss.org members.

Like Tree321Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-14-2011, 05:44 PM   #351
Chris Woodle

Superwoodle is just really niceSuperwoodle is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
7 string Hannes bridges!

Click for the Facebook page

***S8 Build, Eight String Saber*** COMPLETED
Superwoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 11-14-2011, 07:40 PM   #352
Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator

technomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
If those tailpieces are 7 string Hannes I am REALLY hoping you're going to sell them separately

If so PM me when you're ready and name your price

Incoming
It's a surprise

Site Rules. Read Them.
technomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2011, 08:04 PM   #353
Decibel Guitars

darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I got permission from Roland Hannes to make my own tailpieces for 7-string and 8-string guitars, and i've also designed a single-string tailpiece to facilitate any number of strings as well as multi-scale fretboards.

If you order them from me, i'll throw in a free guitar!

(Part of Roland giving me permission to make these was that i can only use the parts on Decibel guitars, so unfortunately, i can't sell you them separately. )
darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2011, 07:02 AM   #354
Murder Machine

Sepultorture is a glorious beacon of lightSepultorture is a glorious beacon of lightSepultorture is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by darren View Post
I got permission from Roland Hannes to make my own tailpieces for 7-string and 8-string guitars, and i've also designed a single-string tailpiece to facilitate any number of strings as well as multi-scale fretboards.

If you order them from me, i'll throw in a free guitar!

(Part of Roland giving me permission to make these was that i can only use the parts on Decibel guitars, so unfortunately, i can't sell you them separately. )
BLAST

as it would have been sick to see that bridge on another Toronto Luthier that you and I know's guitars

BEARDS: They Instantly Turn Any Man Into A Badass, It's Like Having Machine Guns On Your Face
Sepultorture is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2011, 07:39 AM   #355
JP BFR Whore

Metalus is a glorious beacon of lightMetalus is a glorious beacon of lightMetalus is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I will own a Decibel someday. Your work is impeccable Darren
Metalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2011, 07:22 PM   #356
SS.org Regular

otisct20 will become famous soon enough
Seriously Darren, when i get a job, im going to save every penny for a javelin! AMAZING WORK!!!!!
otisct20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2011, 07:56 PM   #357
The Abiding Dude

mhickman2 is just really nicemhickman2 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Very excited. I put a deposit on one of these bad boys.
mhickman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2012, 02:04 PM   #358
Decibel Guitars

darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.
Long time no update! I'm working furiously to get guitars ready for my visit to NAMM. If all goes according to schedule, i'll have all the wood work done today, fretwork done this weekend, and finishing completed next week, so they'll be ready for their trip.

Left to right: dB2 (figured mahogany, roasted maple, ebony), dB3 (swamp ash, maple, curly black and white ebony), Proto 4 (Toona mahogany, curly European ash top, curly European ash neck, birdseye maple fretboard)

XEN, Durero, canuck brian and 7 others like this.
Unread 01-06-2012, 03:04 PM   #359
XEN
(formerly urklvt)

XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Darren, as always, phenomenal work!!!!
XEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2012, 03:57 PM   #360
MORE RESTS!

Solodini is a glorious beacon of lightSolodini is a glorious beacon of lightSolodini is a glorious beacon of light
Ash neck? I've never encountered that before. Is this your own experiment our do you know of its effectiveness from another guitar?

Check out my book: "Playing Guitar Musically: A Guide to Creativity on Guitar & Bass"
Buy the full book here. eBook - 5. Physical copies also available.
http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/4063031-post14.html
PM me if you want to discuss it or just fancy a chat.

I also give lessons over Skype, Bandhappy and within the Lothians.
Solodini is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2012, 05:26 PM   #361
Decibel Guitars

Mike Tobias has started using ash necks on some of his basses, and apparently he loves it. But I didn't learn about that until I had started this build.
Unread 01-06-2012, 08:15 PM   #362
Rogue intellectual

celticelk is a name known to allcelticelk is a name known to allcelticelk is a name known to allcelticelk is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Those single-cutaways are awesome! Darren, you're making 8-string versions of those, yes? =)

If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you.
If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you.
-The Gospel of Thomas

Melody is the outpouring of the soul. Words interrupt the stream of the emotions.
For the songs of the souls, at the time they are swaying in the high regions to drink from the well of the Almighty,
consist of tones only, dismantled of words.
-Rabbi Shneur Zalman

7 strings, played slowly.
celticelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2012, 10:04 PM   #363
Naturally Cynical

Watty is a name known to allWatty is a name known to allWatty is a name known to allWatty is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
Take the fretboard from the middle one and couple it with the purple and I believe we'd have a winner!!!
cyril v likes this.

Don't like what I post? Tell me why and defend your position like a man.

Gear:

Mackie HR624's
Fractal Audio Axe FX 2
Nice-Racks Custom 2-Space Case

2014 PRS DGT Wood Library in Faded Whale Blue
2014 Ormsby HypeMachine with Natural Redwood
Watty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2012, 11:04 PM   #364
The Armada

JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I think we have a winner just the way we are.
JamesM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2012, 11:35 PM   #365
Many Fingers

Valennic is a glorious beacon of lightValennic is a glorious beacon of lightValennic is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Darren you have given me strong gas for a hot pink Javelin.

Affiliated with Ace Music of Newville, PA.

Valennic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2012, 11:45 PM   #366
SS.org Regular

t o k u g a w a is just really nicet o k u g a w a is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
That pink and purple Javelin is so ....ing amazing.. Expletive necessary.

I am seriously disappointed that I didn't have the funds to put down when you first approached me..
t o k u g a w a is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2012, 11:50 PM   #367
TMM
UUDDLRLRBAStart

TMM is shredding to new heights.TMM is shredding to new heights.TMM is shredding to new heights.TMM is shredding to new heights.TMM is shredding to new heights.TMM is shredding to new heights.TMM is shredding to new heights.TMM is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 59 reviews
OMG, that pink / purple is phenomenal. If only the black / white ebony board was on that one, that would be even more incredible.
TMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2012, 07:49 AM   #368
Shrederick

Fred the Shred won't break the oath.Fred the Shred won't break the oath.Fred the Shred won't break the oath.Fred the Shred won't break the oath.Fred the Shred won't break the oath.Fred the Shred won't break the oath.Fred the Shred won't break the oath.Fred the Shred won't break the oath.Fred the Shred won't break the oath.Fred the Shred won't break the oath.Fred the Shred won't break the oath.Fred the Shred won't break the oath.Fred the Shred won't break the oath.
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
...if the pale moon ebony board wasn't on my guitar, that is. I must say I think the Javelin looks awesome with the maple board, however - it prevents her from having an overly busy figure going on.

Buy my album, will you? My store | CDBaby
FredBrum.com
Happily endorsed by Jaden Rose Guitars, Bare Knuckle Pickups, Gruv Gear, Sik Pik Picks, PHD Picks and Spectraflex cables
Fred the Shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2012, 09:31 AM   #369
ERG/ERB Builder

Tom Drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightTom Drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightTom Drinkwater is a glorious beacon of light
Ash necks rule!!!

If it's strong enough for an axe handle it's bound to make a great neck!! Look into Hickory too.
AxeHappy, celticelk and Solodini like this.

Oakland Axe Factory uses Octave4Plus custom strings, Dimarzio and Lace pickups, Hipshot Hardware and Graphtech saddles.
Tom Drinkwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2012, 11:28 AM   #370
Decibel Guitars

The board on the Javelin is birdseye maple. It just keeps getting overexposed when I try to capture the body colour.
AxeHappy likes this.
Unread 01-08-2012, 08:57 AM   #371
TJV
SS.org Regular

TJV is a glorious beacon of lightTJV is a glorious beacon of lightTJV is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Looks too good!
TJV is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2012, 09:39 AM   #372
Shrederick

Fred the Shred won't break the oath.Fred the Shred won't break the oath.Fred the Shred won't break the oath.Fred the Shred won't break the oath.Fred the Shred won't break the oath.Fred the Shred won't break the oath.Fred the Shred won't break the oath.Fred the Shred won't break the oath.Fred the Shred won't break the oath.Fred the Shred won't break the oath.Fred the Shred won't break the oath.Fred the Shred won't break the oath.Fred the Shred won't break the oath.
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Who got Db2, by the way? She's looking awesome!

Buy my album, will you? My store | CDBaby
FredBrum.com
Happily endorsed by Jaden Rose Guitars, Bare Knuckle Pickups, Gruv Gear, Sik Pik Picks, PHD Picks and Spectraflex cables
Fred the Shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2012, 07:10 AM   #373
Washing your dishes.

Malkav is just really niceMalkav is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by darren View Post
Don't get me wrong I absolutely love your work Darren but seriously why is this Hannes dude being such a dick to the ERG community? Especially seeing as he could probably make a neat profit off of aftermarket hardware sales if he'd just allow for someone (whether that be Decibel or Schaller) to just make the damn things.
Malkav is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2012, 07:22 AM   #374
plays in 69/42

Thrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkav View Post
Don't get me wrong I absolutely love your work Darren but seriously why is this Hannes dude being such a dick to the ERG community? Especially seeing as he could probably make a neat profit off of aftermarket hardware sales if he'd just allow for someone (whether that be Decibel or Schaller) to just make the damn things.
your right, giving a small builder (small as in size of operation, in no way is small meant as a sign of darrens worth as a luthier) permission to make his own bridges for 7+ erg instruments based of hannes designs is a real dick move

...Each guitarist has an evil fat 40 year old blueswankler trying to get out, If you give in to temptation you'll be sitting next to a fender playing john lee hooker while trying to keep your combover in place.

-Desecrated

being black and enjoying watermelon, i think this thread needs more watermelon.
budda
Thrashmanzac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2012, 08:11 AM   #375
Bowes Guitars

canuck brian is the epitome of metal.canuck brian is the epitome of metal.canuck brian is the epitome of metal.canuck brian is the epitome of metal.canuck brian is the epitome of metal.canuck brian is the epitome of metal.canuck brian is the epitome of metal.canuck brian is the epitome of metal.canuck brian is the epitome of metal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkav View Post
It's probably more Schaller bringing down the hammer as they're licensing the product.
canuck brian is offline   Reply With Quote