homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming Tech support, gaming, gadgets, electronics and general computer discussion here.

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-16-2009, 09:46 AM   #376
Banned

orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What I want is party chat back. I have my shit set to "friends only" and even with that, the MS default game chat channel is horrible. Can't hear shit most of the time and this with headphones and independent volume controls. With party chat I could hear my friends fine... Now I understand why they took it out for game modes like S&D, et al because it was all too easy to give tips to friends after you'd died... but for games like plain vanilla Team Death Match with your unlimited respawns every 2 seconds I really don't see why it's such a big deal. And if they can implement it with a sledgehammer is it not possible to implement it with a scalpel? Say you're in party chat with 6 people, another friend signs on and ends up on the opposite team (again in TDM) if the other friend ends up in your lobby on the opposite team just have the thing mute him automatically until the match ends.

....ing IW, you know I love them and I loathe them at the same time. They took a great game (COD4) and found little ways to .... with it and now we get this MW2. I like the game and I WANT to like the game a lot more but it's soooooooooooo ....ing frustrating with this laggy ass bullshit, the ....ing hit detection that's gone South like a duck in winter and the match making that's just horrendous.

You ever been on the IW forums? It's fanboi central (to be expected I guess) but jesus h finger banging christ, if you so much as *suggest* that IW change anything at all you're flamed into oblivion. And I really think that IW drank their own kool-aid with this shit, seriously, they had 2 ....ing years to develop the game and we get a recycled COD2 map in the default map pack? We get host migration finally and so far as I can tell it works pretty well, but for ....s sake, still no accurate host/location/ping match ups???? They take out party chat for damn near every game type???

Sorry, rant over, no I won't stop playing and no I won't stop bitching about the little things in the game that piss me the .... off, but thanks for asking.
orb451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 11-16-2009, 09:55 AM   #377
Ex Whiny Bitch

Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Yeah that's gay man. Stop people on the same team being in chat? Yeah fine. But it shouldn't affect if you want to be in a party with someone who's not in the same game as you.

What happened to Jeff? Funny how he dropped off the radar now that the entire Western world disagrees with his right wing bullshit.
Scar Symmetry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2009, 10:00 AM   #378
SS.org Regular

Auyard is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar Symmetry View Post
Yeah that's gay man. Stop people on the same team being in chat? Yeah fine. But it shouldn't affect if you want to be in a party with someone who's not in the same game as you.
I hate the new chat system. I don't like being in a party yet being able to hear everyone else talking and usually bitching about what went down in the game.
Auyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2009, 10:40 AM   #379
ペヤングマン

Zak1233 is a glorious beacon of lightZak1233 is a glorious beacon of lightZak1233 is a glorious beacon of light
FINALLY got MW2, can't wait to play it
Zak1233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2009, 10:50 AM   #380
Left Handed Shecter

ma7erick is a jewel in the rough
I've been reading everywere that the game is extremely short, godamnit, MW was short but ppl have been saying that this one is even shorter... godamn Infinity Ward for that, probably I'll buy it today anyway, I want to play.

ma7erick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2009, 11:11 AM   #381
Ex Whiny Bitch

Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.
It's not short enough to complain about. I was happy with the campaign length.

Anyone else notice inaccuracies in their K/D ratio? I'm now 1500 over 1000 but it's not showing up as 1.50

What happened to Jeff? Funny how he dropped off the radar now that the entire Western world disagrees with his right wing bullshit.
Unread 11-16-2009, 11:14 AM   #382
SS.org Regular

Auyard is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma7erick View Post
I've been reading everywere that the game is extremely short, godamnit, MW was short but ppl have been saying that this one is even shorter... godamn Infinity Ward for that, probably I'll buy it today anyway, I want to play.
Dude it epic as ..... You won't be disapointed if you enjoy a good storyline. Just in case this will ruin it for anybody what made it really cool for me was that

someone invades the United States and Washington D.C. becomes a battleground.
Auyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2009, 11:21 AM   #383
Ex Whiny Bitch

Yeah running around the White House blowing people up was amazing

Unread 11-16-2009, 11:35 AM   #384
Ex Whiny Bitch

AGH .... SAKE WHY DO LITTLE KIDS PLAY THIS GAME?!?!?!?!

Unread 11-16-2009, 11:37 AM   #385
Banned

orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.
Scar, they play because mommy n' daddy need a cheap babysitter... better to let them spend their time showing off their uber l33t skillZ and running their mouths constantly than to, you know, actually spend some quality time RAISING them and teaching them not to be total ....wads.
Unread 11-16-2009, 11:47 AM   #386
Ex Whiny Bitch

Every parent who lets their kid play this is a ....ing shit parent.

Unread 11-16-2009, 12:02 PM   #387
Banned

Well let me ask this then, is it any different if the parent plays WITH their kid? My friend has a son and wife and all three of them (and the rest of us in our little clan) play together. COD4 and now MW2, nightly. If my friends' sons grades slip, he can't play. If he gets out of line online he can't play. Otherwise he's on there damn near everyday, along with mom and dad. Yes mom actually plays COD4 & MW2. Granted he's 16 (not the games required 18) but his little brother (age 12) also plays as well, again with the same rules applied.

I think I get where you're coming from, my comment was in that vain and was aimed at any parent that just plops their kid in front of the tv (or game) and walks away is shit, that I agree with completely. But when I see my friend and his family (and extended family) playing nightly, and the way his kids act in and out of the game, I can't help but envy him. His kids are well mannered, they do good in school, they get out and exercise and they find time to game and hold it all together. That to me is pretty damned cool. Now I realize that that's probably a HUGE exception to the rule, but it's still good to see that not all youngsters are zeros on the fast track to nowhere and not all parents who let their kids game (or at least game WITH THEM) are negligent.
Unread 11-16-2009, 12:15 PM   #388
Ex Whiny Bitch

That's worse! They know for a fact their kids play it and in fact encourage it, that's ridiculous.

Unread 11-16-2009, 01:08 PM   #389
Is A Complete Idiot.

GazPots has much to be proud ofGazPots has much to be proud ofGazPots has much to be proud ofGazPots has much to be proud ofGazPots has much to be proud ofGazPots has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Was busting out the wesleys earlier and popping some *serious* cross map face busters much to the anger of the other team.

Also caught a small clan of javellin users with their proverbial pants down (mid shot) and mauled them.

And another glorious one of getting shot into last stand on a balcony (with 2 foot wall) with double magnum handguns. And then proceeding to fire through the wall (blind) and kill 3 guys in the sniper ruins on the other side.

Glorious.

http://www.youtube.com/GazPots <--- Guitar vids.

www.soundclick.com/GazTop <--- Random Guitar tunes.
GazPots is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2009, 01:09 PM   #390
Ex Whiny Bitch

I love getting kills from halfway across the map!

Unread 11-16-2009, 01:20 PM   #391
SS.Org's Irish Guy

777 has much to be proud of777 has much to be proud of777 has much to be proud of777 has much to be proud of777 has much to be proud of777 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I still dont have this game, or xbox live
777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2009, 01:28 PM   #392
Is A Complete Idiot.

GazPots has much to be proud ofGazPots has much to be proud ofGazPots has much to be proud ofGazPots has much to be proud ofGazPots has much to be proud ofGazPots has much to be proud of
Oh dear.

Unread 11-16-2009, 01:28 PM   #393
Banned

gambit will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewtal_Damage View Post
add me, I was thinking the same as you, Brewtal_Damage
i already sent you a friend request, you have not accepted it yet. i play spec ops on veteran just so you know, go big or go home lol
gambit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2009, 01:29 PM   #394
SS Contributor

wannabguitarist is a splendid one to beholdwannabguitarist is a splendid one to beholdwannabguitarist is a splendid one to beholdwannabguitarist is a splendid one to beholdwannabguitarist is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar Symmetry View Post
That's worse! They know for a fact their kids play it and in fact encourage it, that's ridiculous.
I'm pretty sure if you know how to properly parent a 15 year old kid there should be no issues with him playing this game.
wannabguitarist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2009, 01:30 PM   #395
Ex Whiny Bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabguitarist View Post
I'm pretty sure if you know how to properly parent a 15 year old kid there should be no issues with him playing this game.
It's an 18. It's the law. It's 18 for a reason.

Unread 11-16-2009, 01:35 PM   #396
Banned

How's it worse? On one hand you've got the parent that lets their kid play completely unattended, a game that's labled as being for 18+ y/o, acting like turds, etc. On the other you've got a kid thats playing WITH their parent, acting responsibly, playing responsibly. How's that worse? I'm talking straight up MP here, not co-op or single player. Personally, I don't know where they derive the ratings for these games. If it's for violence which I'd guess it is, how is this cartoon violence any different or worse than the shit you see on the nightly news?

Kids are exposed to far worse just reading a newspaper or browsing the web. If it's one thing all of us should know (especially with kids) is that if you try to keep them from it, you'll only drive them closer to it. Like liquor/drinking age analogy, why is it that places with a low or no drinking age have less issues with teenage and adult alcoholism? Seems to me they learned that drinking age is a stupid idea and the more kids are exposed to that sort of thing, the more they can learn to responsibly control themselves.

I for one don't think games need maturity ratings, at least as far as violent content is concerned. I think it comes down to how the kids act, in and out of the game and how they are as young adults. I don't think my friend is being irresponsible with his kids at all but again, that's just my opinion.
Unread 11-16-2009, 01:38 PM   #397
Is A Complete Idiot.

Unread 11-16-2009, 01:44 PM   #398
Ex Whiny Bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by orb451 View Post
How's it worse? On one hand you've got the parent that lets their kid play completely unattended, a game that's labled as being for 18+ y/o, acting like turds, etc. On the other you've got a kid thats playing WITH their parent, acting responsibly, playing responsibly. How's that worse? I'm talking straight up MP here, not co-op or single player. Personally, I don't know where they derive the ratings for these games. If it's for violence which I'd guess it is, how is this cartoon violence any different or worse than the shit you see on the nightly news?

Kids are exposed to far worse just reading a newspaper or browsing the web. If it's one thing all of us should know (especially with kids) is that if you try to keep them from it, you'll only drive them closer to it. Like liquor/drinking age analogy, why is it that places with a low or no drinking age have less issues with teenage and adult alcoholism? Seems to me they learned that drinking age is a stupid idea and the more kids are exposed to that sort of thing, the more they can learn to responsibly control themselves.

I for one don't think games need maturity ratings, at least as far as violent content is concerned. I think it comes down to how the kids act, in and out of the game and how they are as young adults. I don't think my friend is being irresponsible with his kids at all but again, that's just my opinion.
Like I said, it's 18 for a reason, given the brand by people who do it for a living. It wouldn't be 18 if it didn't include content that's not suitable for kids. Gaming is adult entertainment, kids shouldn't be pissing all over it, it kills it.

Unread 11-16-2009, 01:54 PM   #399
Banned

Scar, if you're talking about your average run of the mill tween' playing this game because they're annoying as all .... then yes, I agree, arguments aside I think they ought to be doing something else with their time (like playing in traffic).

Now if you're talking about them not being allowed to play the game solely because the game publisher slaps an 18+ sticker on it because of something you, them, or anyone for that matter deems "innappropriate for kids" then I would take issue with that and say it should be up left to the discretion of the parents first, kids second, government/game publisher last.
Unread 11-16-2009, 01:57 PM   #400
Ex Whiny Bitch

No, I fully agree I'm just rationalising my hatred for mouthy kids who spoil my fun