homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming Tech support, gaming, gadgets, electronics and general computer discussion here.

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Faine
  • 3 Post By Customisbetter
  • 1 Post By synrgy
  • 1 Post By Bekanor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-27-2012, 11:43 AM   #1
The Optimist Prime.

GuitaristOfHell is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/GuitaristOfHell is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/GuitaristOfHell is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/GuitaristOfHell is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/GuitaristOfHell is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/GuitaristOfHell is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/GuitaristOfHell is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Unhappy So I'm not happy with my Lenovo

Not sure the model, but it cost me with tax $701 US dollers. 750GB HD and 6GB of Ram. It's just been sluggish with everything over the past month and I clean it and scan it daily. The only "big" program I am running on it is Itunes, Firefox, Word,Excel, and Powerpoint (All starter trails).

Thinking about selling for a Mac. Opinions?
GuitaristOfHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 04-27-2012, 11:54 AM   #2
Playing guitar.

Faine is a splendid one to beholdFaine is a splendid one to beholdFaine is a splendid one to beholdFaine is a splendid one to beholdFaine is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I'm a little discouraged. I was looking into a Lenovo desktop. Would you suggest one?

This one in particular was the computer i was looking at.
Lenovo IdeaCentre K330B - 7747 - 6 GB RAM - 3.1 GHz
Faine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2012, 11:57 AM   #3
SS.org Regular

Blake1970 is a glorious beacon of lightBlake1970 is a glorious beacon of lightBlake1970 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
We used Lenovo desktops/laptops for our work computers a couple of years ago and they suck. The lease ran out and we went back to Dell. I would suggest staying away from Lenovo.

“Better to sleep with a sober cannibal than a drunk Christian.”

-Herman Melville, Moby Dick
Blake1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2012, 12:02 PM   #4
Playing guitar.

Faine is a splendid one to beholdFaine is a splendid one to beholdFaine is a splendid one to beholdFaine is a splendid one to beholdFaine is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
My best bet is to just build my own computer then. Something that would be good for gaming, lots of tabs open, or recording.
Blake1970 likes this.
Faine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2012, 12:06 PM   #5
WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Ok Im bored so I'll help. What you described has nothing to do with speed.

Press Ctrl, Shfit and esc at the same time. Expand the processes tab as far as you can and post a screen shot. After that I can help you.
synrgy, Daiephir and JPhoenix19 like this.

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/signaturepics/sigpic17517_3.gif
Customisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2012, 12:23 PM   #6
Iraq Lobster.

synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
What's your OS?

The following link is specifically for XP, but the process translates pretty well to other versions of Windows, so far as I know:
How to use MSCONFIG in Windows XP: NetSquirrel.com

Dollars to donuts, you've got a bunch of unnecessary processes running, hogging up your system resources.
JPhoenix19 likes this.

"And over here, our bass player, the Duke of Spook, the Doc of Shock, The Man with No Tan, please say hello to Death himself, the Grim Reaper!"
synrgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2012, 06:11 PM   #7
The Optimist Prime.

GuitaristOfHell is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/GuitaristOfHell is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/GuitaristOfHell is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/GuitaristOfHell is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/GuitaristOfHell is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/GuitaristOfHell is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/GuitaristOfHell is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/

http://s1203.photobucket.com/albums/...t=Capture6.png
Unread 04-27-2012, 06:13 PM   #8
The Optimist Prime.

Wouldn't embed for whatever reason.
Unread 04-27-2012, 06:21 PM   #9
SS.org Regular

Vinchester is just really niceVinchester is just really nice
Try Advance SystemCare. It's free and you can clean your registry and stuff. Might help a bit!

Carvin DC700 BKP Painkillers
ESP Eclipse I CTM FT w/ BKP Rebel Yells
ESP M-II w/ D-sonic/Air Norton
Jackson RR3 w/ EMG81/60
Vinchester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2012, 06:25 PM   #10
The Optimist Prime.

Worth a shot, today it seems to be a bit better.
Unread 04-27-2012, 08:44 PM   #11
Renegade Folk Hero

Bekanor has much to be proud ofBekanor has much to be proud ofBekanor has much to be proud ofBekanor has much to be proud ofBekanor has much to be proud ofBekanor has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
92 processes?

You need to kill some shit from startup to begin with.

Start -> Run -> Type 'msconfig' -> Click the 'Startup' tab -> start unchecking some shit, for best results google the name of the process and find out what it is (no sense killing a piggyback process for something you use).

When you're done it will prompt you for a restart, do so but click the "don't show this message again" checkbox.

Short of that, a format is always a good way to get your compy back to day-one performance.
Sicarius likes this.
Bekanor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2012, 08:54 PM   #12
Foolish Mortal

Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.
^ Ditto. 92 processes is WAY too many. Mine only has 52, viewing processes for all users.

Revenge is a dish best served with nice biscuits.
Read the rules, fools!
Xaios is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2012, 10:03 PM   #13
SS.org Regular

klutvott is a jewel in the rough
I see at least 15 processes that can be disabled in that screenshot alone. Click "show processes from all users" to find even more. On new laptops/desktops that come with windows + bloatware preinstalled, i usually just format and do a fresh windows install.
klutvott is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2012, 02:49 AM   #14
Foolish Mortal

Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by klutvott View Post
I see at least 15 processes that can be disabled in that screenshot alone. Click "show processes from all users" to find even more. On new laptops/desktops that come with windows + bloatware preinstalled, i usually just format and do a fresh windows install.
The problem is that computer manufacturers ship their own proprietary OEM builds of Windows with the their machines which include the bloatware the machine came packaged with. Even if he were to reformat and reinstall, if he did so from the disc or drive partition included with the system, he'd wind up back at square one. He'd have to purchase a new, separate copy of Windows to get one with no bloatware. The bloatware can generally be removed after the fact, however. That's the route that I would try first.

Revenge is a dish best served with nice biscuits.
Read the rules, fools!
Xaios is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2012, 08:47 AM   #15
SS.org Regular

klutvott is a jewel in the rough
There's no need to use the disc that came with the computer. Any windows installation dvd can be used as long as it's the right version. Use the OEM license key and activate by phone.
klutvott is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2012, 08:56 AM   #16
Renegade Folk Hero

Bekanor has much to be proud ofBekanor has much to be proud ofBekanor has much to be proud ofBekanor has much to be proud ofBekanor has much to be proud ofBekanor has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaios View Post
The problem is that computer manufacturers ship their own proprietary OEM builds of Windows with the their machines which include the bloatware the machine came packaged with. Even if he were to reformat and reinstall, if he did so from the disc or drive partition included with the system, he'd wind up back at square one. He'd have to purchase a new, separate copy of Windows to get one with no bloatware. The bloatware can generally be removed after the fact, however. That's the route that I would try first.
These days they're getting nefarious and piggybacking drivers with their bloatware. It's a real pain in the ass.
Bekanor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2012, 08:59 AM   #17
Ibanez whore

theo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to behold
My lenovo is awesome. Y560p. Or was it 460... :/
theo is offline   Reply With Quote