homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming Tech support, gaming, gadgets, electronics and general computer discussion here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-26-2011, 03:48 PM   #1
SS.org Regular

x666charlie666x is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
How to connect netbook to a HDTV when it only has a VGA port

Basically my girlfriend has a netbook (acer d255) and she wants to connect it to her new HDTV tv, however her netbook only has VGA out and headphone out, and the tv only has hdmi and scart, (the tv is a Samsung le32d400e1w) what cables/converters do I need to make this work?

'Get some speakers to experiment with, or some cables, booze, drugs, guitars...you know, musician stuff that can actually effect your tone.' Moolaka
x666charlie666x is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 12-26-2011, 05:42 PM   #2
Foolish Mortal

Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Unfortunately you can't connect it to the HDMI, at least not without a powered converter box, because VGA is analog and HDMI is digital.

As for the SCART connection, I don't know. We don't use that one in North America.

Are you sure that it doesn't also have S-Video?

Revenge is a dish best served with nice biscuits.
Read the rules, fools!
Xaios is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2011, 07:21 PM   #3

Spinedriver is just really niceSpinedriver is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Over here in North America, regular computer monitors have VGA and DVI inputs. I also have a Samsung 42" plasma screen tv and for inputs, it has 2 RCA inputs, 1 S-video, 2 HDMI and 1 "PC" input which is VGA.

I know you can get adapters that go from VGA-DVI and DVI-HDMI but as Xaios said, you can't go from VGA to HDMI.
Spinedriver is offline   Reply With Quote