homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming Tech support, gaming, gadgets, electronics and general computer discussion here.

Like Tree16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-11-2011, 04:30 PM   #1
Custom User Title

Joose is a name known to allJoose is a name known to allJoose is a name known to allJoose is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Spike Video Game Awards Winners

GAME OF THE YEAR
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

STUDIO OF THE YEAR
Bethesda Game Studios

CHARACTER OF THE YEAR
The Joker Batman: Arkham City

VIDEO GAME HALL OF FAME AWARD
"The Legend of Zelda"

GAMER GOD AWARD
Blizzard Entertainment

BEST XBOX 360 GAME
Batman: Arkham City

BEST PS3 GAME
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

BEST Wii GAME
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

BEST PC GAME
Portal 2

BEST HANDHELD/MOBILE GAME
Super Mario 3D Land

BEST SHOOTER
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

BEST ACTION ADVENTURE GAME

BEST RPG
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

BEST MULTI-PLAYER
Portal 2

BEST INDIVIDUAL SPORTS GAME
Fight Night Champion

BEST TEAM SPORTS GAME
NBA 2K12

BEST DRIVING GAME
Forza Motorsport 4

BEST FIGHTING GAME
Mortal Kombat

BEST MOTION GAME
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

BEST INDEPENDENT GAME
Minecraft

BEST ADAPTED VIDEO GAME

BEST SONG IN A GAME
"Build that Wall (Zia's Theme)" by Darren Korb Bastion

BEST ORIGINAL SCORE
Bastion

BEST GRAPHICS
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

BEST PERFORMANCE BY A HUMAN MALE
Stephen Merchant as Wheatley Portal 2

BEST PERFORMANCE BY A HUMAN FEMALE
Ellen McLain as GLaDOS Portal 2

BEST DOWNLOADABLE GAME
Bastion

BEST DLC
Portal 2 Peer Review

MOST ANTICIPATED GAME
Mass Effect 3

GAMETRAILERS.COM TRAILER OF THE YEAR
Assassin's Creed: Revelations E3 2011 Trailer

EA SPORTS NFL BLITZ DIGITAL COVER ATHLETE
Ray Rice
Joose is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 12-11-2011, 04:33 PM   #2
MFB
ExBendable

MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Ah yes, giving GOTY to a game that's been out for a month and a half? That seems logical.
cwhitey2 likes this.

(・ω・`)

In space, no one can hear you bree. - Metal Ken
MFB is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2011, 04:39 PM   #3
likes peanut butter

Daiephir is just really niceDaiephir is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Wha would you have given it to? Seems pretty good to me

- Give it a rest. Do you really think that this thread is of a serious nature? 8Fingers is reeling you in. He didn't even have to put any ....ing bait on the hook. - CIAM in the 5 Bands you can't stand thread - saying this to toolsound
- It would just be like "BWOMP BWOMP BWOMP" vs the "VRuuuuOOOOmmmmMMRRRROooomRRR" of the engine. - A subwoofer vs. engine sound, by ESP Griffyn
- New used car fund: 0$, I bought one
Daiephir is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2011, 04:45 PM   #4
Custom User Title

Joose is a name known to allJoose is a name known to allJoose is a name known to allJoose is a name known to all
Yeaaaah, I'd say Skyrim getting it is pretty legit.
Captain Shoggoth likes this.
Unread 12-11-2011, 04:47 PM   #5
MFB
ExBendable

MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.
I don't know, I just feel like while yes it might be a good game, it's still in the honeymoon phase where there's so much to do that you think "I CAN NEVER GET TIRED OF THIS" but then once you do the quests, what's the replay value? Can you go back and re-role to have just as much fun, etc... There's questions like that that have to be asked, but of course you can't given the nature of the beast, so it's just kind of like "Okay, I guess it's going to Skyrim"

(・ω・`)

Unread 12-11-2011, 04:53 PM   #6
GHETTO KING OF SWAG

The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
You know, I was gunning for Skyrim for GOTY, but I'm surprised that Portal 2 wasn't given a fair chance. I personally wouldn't say that I like it better, but it was an excellent, excellent game. I kind of agree with MFB in that Skyrim hasn't been out long enough for people to know whether they'll like once they've done pretty much everything.

Although looking at Morrowind and Oblivion, there's a tradition of inherent replayability, so maybe I can see why Skyrim was a shoe-in?

If you're going to 'like' my posts, give me some rep instead.

"
i just laughed at my own reflection, not sure if ugly or drunk" -Murmel

The Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2011, 04:57 PM   #7
likes peanut butter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFB View Post
I don't know, I just feel like while yes it might be a good game, it's still in the honeymoon phase where there's so much to do that you think "I CAN NEVER GET TIRED OF THIS" but then once you do the quests, what's the replay value? Can you go back and re-role to have just as much fun, etc... There's questions like that that have to be asked, but of course you can't given the nature of the beast, so it's just kind of like "Okay, I guess it's going to Skyrim"
I would like to re-direct you to Grand Moff Tim in the Skyrim thread, ask him about replayability and on the top of my head, I cant think of anything else that was awaited for as much as Skyrim, except for Portal 2 (maybe) and even then, the choice is clear to me.

- Give it a rest. Do you really think that this thread is of a serious nature? 8Fingers is reeling you in. He didn't even have to put any ....ing bait on the hook. - CIAM in the 5 Bands you can't stand thread - saying this to toolsound
- It would just be like "BWOMP BWOMP BWOMP" vs the "VRuuuuOOOOmmmmMMRRRROooomRRR" of the engine. - A subwoofer vs. engine sound, by ESP Griffyn
Unread 12-11-2011, 05:06 PM   #8
MFB
ExBendable

I can see WHY they gave it to it, but I just don't feel the same way about it. I mean, in the end, you're still doing the same quests and such, it's just how your character kills stuff during the game that will be different, and if you really wanna stick to it - then the dialogue options will be really different as well, just to see what happens. I did that with ME and ME2, doing one run as my normal do-gooder self earning mad Paragon points cause that's what bitches love. But then I went back and did an ENTIRELY evil run, forcing people to kill themselves, exploiting the weak and cursing at my team mates etc... just to play that part of the game differently because I knew the quests were going to be the same.

Again, not saying I don't see why they gave it to them, just don't agree with it.

(・ω・`)

Unread 12-11-2011, 05:14 PM   #9
SIGN YO REP

Captain Shoggoth is a jewel in the rough
luv me dat skyrimz

<a href=http://i54.tinypic.com/687f5f.jpg target=_blank>http://i54.tinypic.com/687f5f.jpg</a>

"we could package a couple turds inside the guitar, so it'd smell like shit all the time"-dean guitars

"She's a girl. It could mean ANYTHING."-Konfyouzd
Captain Shoggoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2011, 07:59 PM   #10
Rainbow In The Dark

Origin is just really niceOrigin is just really nice
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Totally agree with MK for fighting. ..... Yes. Kinda wish new Deus Ex won something, but it's kinda niche and admittedly got buried under the big name shit coming out which is fair.

Praise the sun!
Origin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2011, 09:08 PM   #11
SS.org Regular

pink freud is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/pink freud is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/pink freud is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/pink freud is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/pink freud is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/pink freud is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/pink freud is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origin View Post
Totally agree with MK for fighting. ..... Yes. Kinda wish new Deus Ex won something, but it's kinda niche and admittedly got buried under the big name shit coming out which is fair.
Category: Best Story in a Game

Nomination: Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Winner?

Deus Ex: Human Revolution!

Not really though, too much predictable troping in that game.
pink freud is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2011, 09:38 PM   #12
Banned

AySay is a name known to allAySay is a name known to allAySay is a name known to allAySay is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Am I the ONLY person who doesn't like Skyrim? I didn't like the story, I didn't like the graphics, I didn't like the gameplay, I didn't like the setting, and I didn't even like the music that much.

However, I thought Oblivion was an awesome game.
AySay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2011, 10:13 PM   #13
Trem Snob

CapinCripes is a jewel in the rough
really minecraft for best indie game? no offence to notch but Terriria in my opinion is a far better game than minecraft is in its current state, also minecraft was released in 2009 as an alpha build so.... it even being relevant to this years awards is questionable.

New blood on Falcon turf.. You're gunna look like cooked Spaghetti!
CapinCripes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2011, 10:57 PM   #14
Reggie J Worthington

Sicarius is just really niceSicarius is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapinCripes View Post
really minecraft for best indie game? no offence to notch but Terriria in my opinion is a far better game than minecraft is in its current state, also minecraft was released in 2009 as an alpha build so.... it even being relevant to this years awards is questionable.
It was officially released in November. So, that's why.

Through victory, my chains are broken.

Sicarius is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2011, 07:55 AM   #15
Custom User Title

Quote:
Yeah but wasn't this the year that it really got popular?
Unread 12-12-2011, 04:29 PM   #16
likes peanut butter

Quote:
I've never even heard of Terraria, how do you expect it to win anything if people doesnt know it exists?

Unread 12-12-2011, 05:07 PM   #17
ಠ_ಠ

Marv Attaxx is a name known to allMarv Attaxx is a name known to allMarv Attaxx is a name known to allMarv Attaxx is a name known to all
.... Minecraft, Limbo ftw
Also: Not enough Uncharted.
Marv Attaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2011, 08:53 PM   #18
Trem Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daiephir View Post
I've never even heard of Terraria, how do you expect it to win anything if people doesnt know it exists?
well im sorry to hear that it's an amazing game that just recently gave MW3 a run for its money in terms of player count Terraria takes on Modern Warfare 3 on Steam | PC Gamer

Unread 12-12-2011, 08:59 PM   #19
1-watt brigadier

Mordacain has much to be proud ofMordacain has much to be proud ofMordacain has much to be proud ofMordacain has much to be proud ofMordacain has much to be proud ofMordacain has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 34 reviews
Well, as far as Game of the Year goes, I seriously doubt any game will get GOTY going forward unless it is multi-platform.

The fact that Skyrim is an incredible game, across all major HD platforms broadens the audience that can experience it tremendously. All other points regarding the title not-withstanding, sales are a big part of what drives GOTY status.

That being said, I definitely enjoyed Uncharted 3 more, though I've not beaten Skyrim yet, so my opinion might change.

Currently in progress of replacing every guitar I have...piece by piece

- "Unfortunately, our ability for rational thinking is inversely proportionate to our desire to stick our dicks into orifices." - pink freud

- "I don't have all the answers to everything, I'm not God, when I get girls pregnant they aren't virgins anymore." - scottro202
Mordacain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2011, 09:12 PM   #20
likes peanut butter

Quote:
well im sorry to hear that it's an amazing game that just recently gave MW3 a run for its money in terms of player count Terraria takes on Modern Warfare 3 on Steam | PC Gamer
Thats not hard, MW3 is shit anyways, so your point is?

Unread 12-12-2011, 09:26 PM   #21
Trem Snob

Quote:
Thats not hard, MW3 is shit anyways, so your point is?
the fact that mw3 sold more copies than skyrim and therefore there are more players playing it. New 'Call of Duty' sales zip past $1 billion and also was the shooter of the year on that list.

Unread 12-12-2011, 09:37 PM   #22
likes peanut butter

So you're saying that Modern Warfare 2.5 should be GOTY instead of an immersive sand-box game that was the most awaited game of the year?
You need to remember that alot of douches roam this world, therefore sure MW3 will have alot of sales, doesnt mean its any good.

Unread 12-12-2011, 09:43 PM   #23
SS.org Regular

Stealth7 is a glorious beacon of lightStealth7 is a glorious beacon of lightStealth7 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv Attaxx View Post
Also: Not enough Uncharted.
The only other award I could see UC3 getting was best action adventure game, but I guess it lost out to Arkham City as that's a multi platform game and UC3 isn't. It was an obvious winner for best PS3 game and best graphics, the graphics in that game are some of the best graphics I've ever seen.

Also, how did MW3 win best shooter over BF3?
malufet and Daiephir like this.
Stealth7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2011, 09:45 PM   #24
Trem Snob

Quote:
So you're saying that Modern Warfare 2.5 should be GOTY instead of an immersive sand-box game that was the most awaited game of the year?
You need to remember that alot of douches roam this world, therefore sure MW3 will have alot of sales, doesnt mean its any good.
no i hate call of duty. I am saying the spike awards are pointless and should be ignored. and that they treat their nominees like shit Tara Strong and Mark Hamill Didn't Enjoy The VGAs
AxeHappy likes this.

Unread 12-13-2011, 03:59 AM   #25
Rivethead Magnate.

Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I think best RPG should have gone to Dark Souls. I'm tired of seeing slight variations of the same basic game and mechanics by Bethesda win GOTY.
Daemoniac is offline   Reply With Quote