homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming Tech support, gaming, gadgets, electronics and general computer discussion here.

Like Tree16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-20-2011, 09:13 PM   #26
SS.org Regular

AxeHappy is a glorious beacon of lightAxeHappy is a glorious beacon of lightAxeHappy is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Monster Kill?
AxeHappy is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 09-20-2011, 11:01 PM   #27
SS.org Regular

athawulf is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberto7 View Post
Damnit, I'm just 21 and this article makes me feel disturbingly old, as if I'd been playing games for 30+ years...
I'm also 21, and the part that references fallout made me LOL hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Article
"What, you mean Fallout 3 isn't about a dude who spends his entire life inside this ....ing underground vault?
I bought that game and returned it 2 days later for deadspace. I wanted to get something that was instantly immersing. When my bud asked me how fallout 3 was, and asked if I shot anything yet I told him "no, but i talked to about 500 people".

btw LOL "Dead Zombie Deathkill: the Dying"

athawulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2011, 02:34 PM   #28
Some call me... Tim

Grand Moff Tim is the epitome of metal.Grand Moff Tim is the epitome of metal.Grand Moff Tim is the epitome of metal.Grand Moff Tim is the epitome of metal.Grand Moff Tim is the epitome of metal.Grand Moff Tim is the epitome of metal.Grand Moff Tim is the epitome of metal.Grand Moff Tim is the epitome of metal.Grand Moff Tim is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
But you have to shoot something as part of the intro how-to...

Sure, it's only using a BB-gun on a radroach, but it's a start!

But no, I suppose FO3 isn't really for instant gratification seekers. I, for one, enjoyed the hell out of it, to the tune of hundreds of hours' worth of gameplay.
ShreddingDragon likes this.

"We must not indulge in unfavorable views of mankind, since by doing it we make bad men believe they are no worse than others, and we teach the good that they are good in vain." - Walter Winchell

"Progressive music used to be about thinking outside the box, but now it's just about fitting as many notes inside the box as possible, and it bores me to tears." -Sol Niger 333 [paraphrased]

"It is important to be a Jedi." - Mika
Grand Moff Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2011, 04:54 PM   #29
Silence is Violence

Bloody_Inferno is deemed true by Crom himselfBloody_Inferno is deemed true by Crom himselfBloody_Inferno is deemed true by Crom himselfBloody_Inferno is deemed true by Crom himselfBloody_Inferno is deemed true by Crom himselfBloody_Inferno is deemed true by Crom himselfBloody_Inferno is deemed true by Crom himselfBloody_Inferno is deemed true by Crom himselfBloody_Inferno is deemed true by Crom himselfBloody_Inferno is deemed true by Crom himselfBloody_Inferno is deemed true by Crom himselfBloody_Inferno is deemed true by Crom himself
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexi View Post
people tend to look at the past through rose-colored glasses and tend to forget that old games suffered terribly from bad controls, poor gameplay, buggy AI, etc. Granted, the stories that were being told were more original, but the technology was so poor that most "great" older games didn't nearly reach their potential because of the aforementioned issues. If anything I'd like to see the more "classic" games being redone with modern technology while being as true to the source material as possible.
The article also addresses that. A lot of the modern games were the result of the older generation complaining and asking the developers what we want. We wanted as much realism as possible, we wanted total control, we wanted complete freedom in the environment etc etc. And the developers listened. However getting older resulted in the effect that we have grown out of all of these little granted wishes and have chosen to dismiss what we wanted in the first place.
Bloody_Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2011, 05:41 PM   #30
Silence the discord

ShreddingDragon is a jewel in the rough
The reason I never really play multiplayer other than roleplaying is because there's no immersion. Human brains instead of AI - doesn't matter. Human opponents and teammates ruin the intended atmosphere by doing so much stupid crap (jumping needlessly, swinging the melee weapon boredly while running, circle-strafing, spamming a voice command... climbing over the ceiling of the level by forming a human ladder...) Any "realistic" war game like Counter-Strike instantly loses its charm for me when I see someone assing around like that. It may still be fun in other ways, but it becomes casual sport - not a game with a story/setting/reason. I guess this is the "All about fun", but I tend to look for atmospheres in games as well as fun.

I've never played WoW, but I've seen it, and I'd like to know if the Roleplay servers also have the "we're bored, so we jump around" problem...

Treacherous, this deceit
to make no choice matter
To have and yet lose yourself
until finally all reasons why
are forgotten.
ShreddingDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2011, 03:12 PM   #31
Banned

daemon barbeque is a splendid one to beholddaemon barbeque is a splendid one to beholddaemon barbeque is a splendid one to beholddaemon barbeque is a splendid one to beholddaemon barbeque is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I am 35, was paying Pong, Frogger, Phoenix, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Sould Edge, Tekken, FF, than times changed, Diablo, Starcraft, C&C cma, times changed again, wolfenstein, Quake, Unreal, Halflife wherethe kings. than MMOs hit the populr scene and I played WoW and Warhammer War.
Now I play League of Legends from timeto time. Tekken here and there and Soulcqlibur if I find a good mate to kick his ass.

That said, I find myself telling teenies to watch their mouths all the times.
I even said one " one can get over beeing noob with practice, but being an asshat is permanent".
daemon barbeque is offline   Reply With Quote