homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming Tech support, gaming, gadgets, electronics and general computer discussion here.

Like Tree65Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-23-2012, 12:22 PM   #126
SS.org Regular

klami is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Really looking forward to this! Played the beta and loved it! My exam is on the same day or the day before the release
klami is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 04-23-2012, 12:23 PM   #127
SS.org Regular

Mr Violence is a glorious beacon of lightMr Violence is a glorious beacon of lightMr Violence is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I absolutely loved it. A lot more arcade-y and user friendly. I just like how they didn't make anything a huge pain in the ass. Unnecessary work for re-speccing or issues with mobility or running miles, or stamina.

I am in love with the fact there are only 6 active spells. This is one huge thing I hated about WoW. Have to have at least 40 buttons bound to be effective.

I played through with a friend and it's the most fun I've had on a video game in a long time.

Reminds me of old school Gauntlet with a lot more features. Just arcade-y enough with just enough character customization.

I love it so far.

And to whoever thinks it was easy, of course it was. It was the first act on the easiest difficulty. Give it a chance!

"I'll stuff your body inside of my snare drum and do a blast beat at 600 BPM for 3 and a half hours."
Mr Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2012, 04:40 PM   #128
SS.org Regular

troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmel View Post
Half the charm of Blizzard games are their graphics. It would just look wrong if they skipped the slightly cartoonish look
I'm fine with cartoonish, I play WoW after all

It just seemed very grainy and low-res to me despite having everything turned all of the way up.
troyguitar is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2012, 04:13 PM   #129
Pardon my french

Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Well I leveled all chars to 13...the barbarian it is for me.
Andromalia is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2012, 04:19 PM   #130
Giddyup.

Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.
I only got the time in the open weekend to level the Demon Hunter, but after seeing every single class in youtube videos, I think I'm still set on using that class on release.

I think the visuals in the game are great, at first I wasn't thrilled at the switch to more cartoony graphics, but it's very well executed, and still holds the darkness that D1 and D2 excelled at.

The little modern additions like enemies climbing from forest areas, the depths of cracks in the earth, windows, etc, as well as the nice fun touch of the 'treasure goblin' have all been nice things to come across in the beta, but honestly, I'd be happy with this just being the exact same mechanics/engine as D2, just in a new story, but luckily, it has all that and more. I can't wait for May 15th.
dbrozz, Daiephir and Mexi like this.

M E M O I R S
Music from myself and Kurkkuviipale!
http://soundcloud.com/m-e-m-o-i-r-s

I also do graphic design, both freelance and for label Myriad Records.
Prydogga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2012, 11:21 PM   #131
SS.org Regular

Mexi is just really niceMexi is just really nice
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-ZA7...eature=related

only two weeks left
Mexi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2012, 06:31 AM   #132
SS.org Regular

troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.
Well I finally caved and ordered an Alienware M17x last night with the new Ivy Bridge processor and AMD Radeon 7970M. The shitty part: estimated delivery date is june 4th
Unread 05-01-2012, 07:42 PM   #133
Count Blastula

FrancescoFiligoi is the epitome of metal.FrancescoFiligoi is the epitome of metal.FrancescoFiligoi is the epitome of metal.FrancescoFiligoi is the epitome of metal.FrancescoFiligoi is the epitome of metal.FrancescoFiligoi is the epitome of metal.FrancescoFiligoi is the epitome of metal.FrancescoFiligoi is the epitome of metal.FrancescoFiligoi is the epitome of metal.
More than ten years ago I finished Inferno level with the Barbarian, so my choice is already made.
FrancescoFiligoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2012, 12:56 AM   #134
SS.org Regular

Qweklain is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by troyguitar View Post
Well I finally caved and ordered an Alienware M17x last night with the new Ivy Bridge processor and AMD Radeon 7970M. The shitty part: estimated delivery date is june 4th
Alienware?? Why would you waste your money on that overpriced Dell product...
Daiephir and AxeHappy like this.
Qweklain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2012, 03:26 PM   #135
SS.org Regular

Bobo is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
<<< Looks at his lil helpless laptop and cries

"Two things are infinite : the universe and human stupidity ; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2012, 03:50 PM   #136
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qweklain View Post
Alienware?? Why would you waste your money on that overpriced Dell product...
Not overpriced when you have a friend working at Dell, mine cost the same as a comparable Clevo/Sager and comes with an OS and warranty.
Unread 05-03-2012, 09:09 AM   #137
likes peanut butter

Daiephir is just really niceDaiephir is just really nice
Quote:
Not overpriced when you have a friend working at Dell, mine cost the same as a comparable Clevo/Sager and comes with an OS and warranty.
Definitely overpriced when you can build it with (most of the time) better specs for a fraction of the cost.
AxeHappy likes this.

- Give it a rest. Do you really think that this thread is of a serious nature? 8Fingers is reeling you in. He didn't even have to put any ....ing bait on the hook. - CIAM in the 5 Bands you can't stand thread - saying this to toolsound
- It would just be like "BWOMP BWOMP BWOMP" vs the "VRuuuuOOOOmmmmMMRRRROooomRRR" of the engine. - A subwoofer vs. engine sound, by ESP Griffyn
- New used car fund: 0$, I bought one
Daiephir is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2012, 11:23 PM   #138
SS.org Regular

Ok go find me a laptop with an ivy bridge i7 quad core and an AMD 7970M or better for a fraction of $1500...

In fact, do it and I'll buy one for you and one for me since in fantasy land that will still cost less than my Alienware order.
Unread 05-04-2012, 08:23 AM   #139
SS.org Regular

get back to diablo 3 and how we will lose out lives to it

My father warned me about the dangers of alcohol: "never make a martini with too much vermouth"
Unread 05-05-2012, 04:56 AM   #140
ss.org Irregular

malufet is a jewel in the rough
Can't wait, I pre ordered it last year. I'm getting the limited edition.
malufet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2012, 04:57 PM   #141

Tiger has much to be proud ofTiger has much to be proud ofTiger has much to be proud ofTiger has much to be proud ofTiger has much to be proud ofTiger has much to be proud ofTiger has much to be proud of
Diablo was my first online game on the computer, that and Mechwarrior 2.

Needless to say my wife and I both preordered Diablo 3.

EDIT: Just realized Ive had this signature on here for years.
Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2012, 12:47 PM   #142
Count Blastula

FrancescoFiligoi is the epitome of metal.FrancescoFiligoi is the epitome of metal.FrancescoFiligoi is the epitome of metal.FrancescoFiligoi is the epitome of metal.FrancescoFiligoi is the epitome of metal.FrancescoFiligoi is the epitome of metal.FrancescoFiligoi is the epitome of metal.FrancescoFiligoi is the epitome of metal.FrancescoFiligoi is the epitome of metal.
In yo face, bitches.

On a side note, ....ing beatles hair, I desperately need a haircut

FrancescoFiligoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2012, 01:05 PM   #143
SS.org Regular

klami is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancescoFiligoi View Post
In yo face, bitches.

On a side note, ....ing beatles hair, I desperately need a haircut

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5864881/diablo3.jpg
Not the limited edition!!

Ive never really cared for limited editions when it comes to games.. except this one!

The day is closing in, and the powersupply in my PC just gave up.. great.
klami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2012, 01:25 PM   #144
SS.org Regular

nice!!!

already have the game downloaded and good to go. only 4 days left!!

My father warned me about the dangers of alcohol: "never make a martini with too much vermouth"
Unread 05-12-2012, 08:07 AM   #145
ralugeR gro.ss

Ayo7e will become famous soon enough
FrancescoFiligoi I hate you, your guitars, your playing and that Diablo III limited edition!!

Downloading my digital copy right now, see you there guys!
FrancescoFiligoi likes this.

Siggery 7 (incoming).
Ayo7e is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2012, 08:43 AM   #146
SS.org Regular

I got my Alienware and have had nothing but problems with it so far. At this rate I may or may not be playing D3 on Tuesday night

That's what I get for buying a new system with brand new CPU and GPU stuff, all of the drivers are in their infancy and everything is kind of ....ed.
Unread 05-12-2012, 02:25 PM   #147
Pav
???

Pav will become famous soon enough
Quote:
I got my Alienware and have had nothing but problems with it so far. At this rate I may or may not be playing D3 on Tuesday night

That's what I get for buying a new system with brand new CPU and GPU stuff, all of the drivers are in their infancy and everything is kind of ....ed.
Not to be a dick...but did you buy an Alienware without personally much of anything about PC hardware and running a PC for gaming? I don't mean to insult your intelligence by any means, but I've heard of a fair few people doing that and almost literally burning their money away in the process.

Brand-new hardware would be expected to have those kinds of annoying issues though, patience may be a virtue until they stabilize the drivers.

EDIT: And on a side note, I just wanted to vent my frustration and say .... Starcraft II.

EDIT 2: by re-reading some of your posts, clearly you do.
Pav is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2012, 02:38 PM   #148
SS.org Regular

Nah, it's really not that bad - more annoying than anything. I was hoping the ivy bridge cpu and 7970m gpu would magically work flawlessly on release but it turns out that it's going to take some time for the platform to mature. Totally normal and I would have just waited to make the purchase if it were not for the D3 release in 3 days.

I'm still contemplating returning it and going with a desktop but it's hard to judge performance with drivers so weak.
Unread 05-12-2012, 02:46 PM   #149
Pav
???

Pav will become famous soon enough
Within a month or so, they may have figured out your previously unstable hardware and tweaked the drivers so that CPU and GPU could be some of the best on the market for all we know.

And I'm not ashamed of Alienware. I bought one years ago as my introduction to PC gaming and the thing has served me very well. Still use the case with its many LEDs even though I've upgraded every other component at some point.
Pav is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2012, 08:16 AM   #150
Phrygianist

xfilth is a name known to allxfilth is a name known to allxfilth is a name known to allxfilth is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
33 hours to go, EU!!!
xfilth is offline   Reply With Quote