homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming Tech support, gaming, gadgets, electronics and general computer discussion here.

Like Tree76Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-28-2011, 01:39 AM   #351
SS.org Regular

Black_Sheep will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Yesterday i just played conquest in "operation firestorm" over and over, trying to learn how to fly properly with the planes. And i made it! I shot down couple of enemy planes and plenty of helicopters, so cool..

"Reality is almost always wrong."
Black_Sheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 11-28-2011, 12:49 PM   #352
SS.org Regular

Mexi is just really niceMexi is just really nice
Battlefield 3 Gulf Of Oman trailer - YouTube

My father warned me about the dangers of alcohol: "never make a martini with too much vermouth"
Mexi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2011, 06:11 PM   #353
Ex Whiny Bitch

Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
The Escapist : Video Galleries : Zero Punctuation : Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

So, so very true. The campaign is an embarassment to DICE. I still haven't got around to playing the multiplayer yet. As for 'realism' - the AI is terrible, you can never see enemies and it copies Call of Duty on names, locations, events and plot (two guys interrogating one guy anyone?) and is yet more credible? Purlease!

I'm actually ashamed to say that at one point I wanted this game to be a COD killer! I played Perfect Dark Zero campaign (which is absolutely terrible by modern standards) and immediately afterwards played BF3 campaign in an attempt to enjoy it more. I was surprised to enjoy it only a small amount more than PDZ. Sorry guys, but Call of Duty wins again, it's just better every time and that's reflected in sales.

What happened to Jeff? Funny how he dropped off the radar now that the entire Western world disagrees with his right wing bullshit.
Scar Symmetry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2011, 05:11 AM   #354
SS.org Regular

^ Damn, i TOTALLY agree. I found the campaign so sucky, i didn't even finish it. And that's something i usually don't do, i almost always finish what i started but it was just so boring, pointless and wnb COD that it annoyed me.

But i do love the multiplayer. It's great fun most of the time. However i almost only play it on weekends etc when i have extra free time. I play MW3 A LOT more.

Unread 11-29-2011, 06:25 AM   #355
ss.org Regular

Tomo009 is a jewel in the rough
People who complain about Battlefield campaign don't know what Battlefield is about. The old games never even had single player campaigns, in my opinion, campaigns in multiplayer shooters are a waste of developers time, they are ALL terrible, I can't think of an example that was actually fun apart from Time Splitters. A multiplayer experience takes a long time to design and perfect, if you want a multiplayer game, singleplayer is a bonus.

That said Battlefield 3's multiplayer isn't exactly perfect, but it's the most fun I've had with a "realistic" shooter since Battlefield 2, beating out MAG, all the CoD games and the Bad Company games.

Even Starcraft 2's single player was a little lackluster and that game was in development forever.
Tomo009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2011, 07:48 AM   #356
Ex Whiny Bitch

Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo009 View Post
People who complain about Battlefield campaign don't know what Battlefield is about. The old games never even had single player campaigns, in my opinion, campaigns in multiplayer shooters are a waste of developers time, they are ALL terrible, I can't think of an example that was actually fun apart from Time Splitters. A multiplayer experience takes a long time to design and perfect, if you want a multiplayer game, singleplayer is a bonus.

That said Battlefield 3's multiplayer isn't exactly perfect, but it's the most fun I've had with a "realistic" shooter since Battlefield 2, beating out MAG, all the CoD games and the Bad Company games.

Even Starcraft 2's single player was a little lackluster and that game was in development forever.
I personally find the CoD campaigns fantastic but that's just me. As for a 'realistic first person shooter', such a thing does not deserve to exist! It would be ridiculously boring and we all know it. The reason the genre works is because it's so dramatic and so fun.

What happened to Jeff? Funny how he dropped off the radar now that the entire Western world disagrees with his right wing bullshit.
Scar Symmetry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2011, 09:29 AM   #357
SS.org Regular

to be fair, this is the first "Battlefield" game to have a single player campagin, ever (not talking about bad company) so I can understand why it would probably end up being pretty generic and uninspired for the most part. I recall DICE speaking about the pacing of the singleplayer before the game were to come out, less of a Michael Bay movie (CoD) and more of a cross of 24 (tv show) and Generation Kill (HBO miniseries) which slows the pace down considerably.
I enjoyed the BF campaign for the most part, it didn't seem to have the need to be constantly shooting bombs and sending endless waves of enemies at me like CoD. I feel that if DICE wanted to go for a campaign that focused on pacing between the action then they should have had a longer one to be able to tell a more robust story

My father warned me about the dangers of alcohol: "never make a martini with too much vermouth"
Unread 11-29-2011, 02:23 PM   #358
ss.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar Symmetry View Post
I personally find the CoD campaigns fantastic but that's just me. As for a 'realistic first person shooter', such a thing does not deserve to exist! It would be ridiculously boring and we all know it. The reason the genre works is because it's so dramatic and so fun.
Haha I put realistic in inverted commas for a reason, I mean all these real world or alternate reality games. I never meant to imply they were actually realistic.

I guess call of duty single player is the most produced, but I still find it to be little more than waves of enemies with some moderately good story telling in between, nothing close to the likes of half life or bioshock. The focus is on multiplayer. I just prefer Battlefield's tactical, mission based gameplay over call of duties snowballing skillshot gameplay.
Unread 11-30-2011, 01:57 AM   #359
Jesus Saves

philkilla is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Sheep View Post
Yesterday i just played conquest in "operation firestorm" over and over, trying to learn how to fly properly with the planes. And i made it! I shot down couple of enemy planes and plenty of helicopters, so cool..
It is awesome. You gotta try doing gun runs on tanks..that is my fave part of the jets by far, and it's a big help to the team.
ittoa666 likes this.

philkilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2011, 01:44 PM   #360
Stay Negative™

leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexi View Post
to be fair, this is the first "Battlefield" game to have a single player campagin, ever (not talking about bad company)
Battlefield 1942 had a singleplayer campaign...

is the new black

RIP PETER STEELE

Music:
* www.soundclick.com/leandroabaurre
*www.soundcloud.com/leandroab

Guitar projects:

*Baritone 6 Conversion

Quotes:
* ''
I intend them to .... them with the long cock of the law." - Trashmanzac
* "
I think this mistake was the equivalent of a 6000 foot tall cock bukkake tsunami-ing Tokyo." - metallisuk
"I'm a big fan of the effects of alcohol." - Peter Steele
leandroab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2011, 02:47 PM   #361
Jesus Saves

philkilla is a jewel in the rough
AND THE TOWER WILL FALL!!!!

leandroab and Stealth7 like this.

philkilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2011, 03:41 AM   #362
Hardcore & Radikult

Stealth7 is a glorious beacon of lightStealth7 is a glorious beacon of lightStealth7 is a glorious beacon of light
Back to Karkand is out on Tuesday for PS3!

I saw the tower fall down today.. it only happens at the end of the match, you can't physically do it yourself.
Stealth7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2011, 03:51 AM   #363
ss.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by leandroab View Post
Battlefield 1942 had a singleplayer campaign...
I only remember a vs AI mode?
Unread 12-06-2011, 06:37 AM   #364
SS.org Regular

Any opinions on the "new" maps??

I haven't played them yet (well, in BF3 at least )

Unread 12-06-2011, 08:12 PM   #365
7String's new kid

wowspare is a jewel in the rough
Battlefield 3 by itself is a great game, but Origin and Battlelog seriously piss me the .... off.
Why they chose to pair a great game like BF3 with some shitty digital distribution system like origin is beyond me..... And Battlelog is glitchy as hell.
wowspare is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2011, 11:24 PM   #366
wake up dead

7slinger is a splendid one to behold7slinger is a splendid one to behold7slinger is a splendid one to behold7slinger is a splendid one to behold7slinger is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
can't get on xbox live tonight. there was a bunch of updates and my internet is fine, so I'm thinking it's on the xbox end...frustrating...so little free time and now can't play
7slinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2011, 12:00 PM   #367
SS.org Regular

the pc patch seemed to fix alot of the glitchy shit I've noticed on the battlelog. Back to Karkand live on the ps3 though, and it is fantastic! quite the trip down memory lane while working beautifully with frostbite 2

Unread 02-04-2012, 12:52 AM   #368
Hardcore & Radikult

Stealth7 is a glorious beacon of lightStealth7 is a glorious beacon of lightStealth7 is a glorious beacon of light
Bumpage!

Anyone still playing this? I've been playing it for the last week or so.. trying to level up a bit more as I'm on level 26
Unread 02-04-2012, 08:09 AM   #369
That guy...

kerska is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth7 View Post
Bumpage!

Anyone still playing this? I've been playing it for the last week or so.. trying to level up a bit more as I'm on level 26
This is my go to game fir the 360. I'm at about like 160 something hours so far. I'm like a prestige 9 (I think it's called prestige...?)

If you have a 360 and you wanna hit me up and play I'm always down to play with people. I usually play rush, but can get down on any game mode really. I just love the game! My gamertag is 'ingest the ash'
kerska is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2012, 09:48 PM   #370
Hardcore & Radikult

I believe it's called Colonel service star 9 or something... I've seen guys that were like 41 service stars!
Unread 02-10-2012, 05:11 AM   #371
Hardcore & Radikult

EPIC!
Unread 02-10-2012, 03:02 PM   #372
Banned

ZEBOV is a name known to allZEBOV is a name known to allZEBOV is a name known to allZEBOV is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
ittoa666 and Cyntex like this.
ZEBOV is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2012, 06:14 PM   #373
Is A Complete Idiot.

GazPots has much to be proud ofGazPots has much to be proud ofGazPots has much to be proud ofGazPots has much to be proud ofGazPots has much to be proud ofGazPots has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
That was awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/GazPots <--- Guitar vids.

www.soundclick.com/GazTop <--- Random Guitar tunes.
GazPots is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2012, 06:37 PM   #374
Is A Complete Idiot.

GazPots has much to be proud ofGazPots has much to be proud ofGazPots has much to be proud ofGazPots has much to be proud ofGazPots has much to be proud ofGazPots has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
ALL of his videos are ....ing comedy gold.

Seriously.

http://www.youtube.com/GazPots <--- Guitar vids.

www.soundclick.com/GazTop <--- Random Guitar tunes.
GazPots is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2012, 06:59 PM   #375
Hardcore & Radikult

I saw that video the other day and couldn't stop laughing!

I love watching the trolling videos as well as they provide plenty of lulz!