homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming Tech support, gaming, gadgets, electronics and general computer discussion here.

Like Tree279Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-22-2011, 07:42 PM   #176
Theory God

Mr. Big Noodles is pretty damn metal.Mr. Big Noodles is pretty damn metal.Mr. Big Noodles is pretty damn metal.Mr. Big Noodles is pretty damn metal.Mr. Big Noodles is pretty damn metal.Mr. Big Noodles is pretty damn metal.Mr. Big Noodles is pretty damn metal.Mr. Big Noodles is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
In other news, I have been working on a project.

Dull. Oppressive. Utilitarian. It is your apartment building.

This building contains twelve 9x9 single-room apartments, six to a floor, but the floorplan can obviously be expanded, and more levels can be added.

Apartment 24. Here, you are a number.

Each room contains at least three windows. Four of the rooms have five windows. I intend to put a piece of glowstone in the ceiling in each room to replace the torches, but we'll see what works. Want to change something? Better talk to your landlord first.

The floor is constructed of two layers, so you can put an infinite spring in if you want. Also, this makes things pretty fire-safe.

Poor building planning? Aww, too bad!

At the back, there is a laundry room. My texture pack makes my furnaces look like washing machines, so it fits the theme.

The room also contains a couple workbenches, an infinite water source, and adjoins two storage rooms.

There is also roof access that leads to a farm. This serves the double purpose of lighting up the roof, so mobs don't spawn there at night.

Hey, what's this room? It's so much more spacious than the apartments, and it doesn't look like anybody's using it. Can I live here? NO.

At night, the entire place is pretty decently lit.

The footprint of this one is 37x31. This is my concept for the apartment idea for multiplayer that I mentioned earlier. Theoretically, this could be MCedit'd into an MP map, and newcomers could use this sort of building to live quasi-communally until they collect a decent amount of resources and can go on to an individual project, like the 20x20 lot idea discussed a couple pages ago.
Mr. Big Noodles is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 01-22-2011, 07:47 PM   #177
SS.org Regular

heavy7-665 is just really niceheavy7-665 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
^ Thats ....ing awesome.

You am need help, your right hand is all ....ed up girl!

"thats why i spring it on her

like a cobra"
heavy7-665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2011, 07:58 PM   #178
edxgxsrfrz

Psychobuddy is just really nicePsychobuddy is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I have a feeling that it would make me snap and kill all you earlier than was expected...wait I never said I was going to be the serial killer...no...it's a lie...get away from me. I'll kill you all...

uhh yeah...sorry.
Psychobuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2011, 07:59 PM   #179
SS.org Regular

^ Can I get some locks on my door.............

like a cobra"
Unread 01-22-2011, 08:01 PM   #180
edxgxsrfrz

We do have pick axes.
Unread 01-22-2011, 08:03 PM   #181
SS.org Regular

I need to rig my room with TNT lol

like a cobra"
Unread 01-22-2011, 08:04 PM   #182
edxgxsrfrz

hehe...

No ones going to want to be around me in the server...
Unread 01-22-2011, 08:18 PM   #183
Theory God

Mr. Big Noodles is pretty damn metal.Mr. Big Noodles is pretty damn metal.Mr. Big Noodles is pretty damn metal.Mr. Big Noodles is pretty damn metal.Mr. Big Noodles is pretty damn metal.Mr. Big Noodles is pretty damn metal.Mr. Big Noodles is pretty damn metal.Mr. Big Noodles is pretty damn metal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy7-665 View Post
^ Can I get some locks on my door.............
Iron doors don't meet fire safety code. Anyway, we already pay a premium for the soul-destroying factor.

(If you really want to put an iron door on, there's room for a simple hidden redstone circuit.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy7-665 View Post
I need to rig my room with TNT lol
This brings up a practical point: Infinity_Complex, are you going to nerf TNT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychobuddy View Post
I have a feeling that it would make me snap and kill all you earlier than was expected...wait I never said I was going to be the serial killer...no...it's a lie...get away from me. I'll kill you all...

uhh yeah...sorry.
Somebody should kill all the serial killers.
Unread 01-22-2011, 08:28 PM   #184
SS.org Regular

We need a Dexter

like a cobra"
Unread 01-22-2011, 08:39 PM   #185
edxgxsrfrz

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchecterWhore View Post

Somebody should kill all the serial killers.
That's not very nice.

I could kill you for saying that.
Unread 01-22-2011, 08:41 PM   #186
Theory God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychobuddy View Post
That's not very nice.

I could kill you for saying that.
Over my dead body.
Unread 01-22-2011, 08:45 PM   #187
edxgxsrfrz

^Interesting proposition you have there.
Unread 01-22-2011, 08:50 PM   #188
Theory God

I had another idea: how about streets and places named after metal stuff and SS.org personalities? Rusty Cooley Way, the Chris Memorial Quarry, the Drakkar Tyrannis District...

Edit: The Emperion Landfill, Ed Roman Custom Shop, Devries National Raw Untreated Wood Forest, Huf Empty Field...
Unread 01-23-2011, 12:47 AM   #189
Reggie J Worthington

Sicarius is just really niceSicarius is just really nice
Electric Sound Place in honor of ESP Guitars
Sicarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2011, 03:13 AM   #190
Freemanologist

Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:

This brings up a practical point: Infinity_Complex, are you going to nerf TNT?
Honestly I don't think we'll need to. Every person on the server is going to be a member here. The only non-SS.org person will be my roommate, and that's just to help with administration at the terminal. But, if it turns into an issue, I'll ban the asshat, revert to a previous save (to fix the damage), and nerf TNT completely (as in, you either can't craft it, or it won't destroy anything but itself).

Just don't be stupid But I don't really see a problem in the future.

Quote:
I had another idea: how about streets and places named after metal stuff and SS.org personalities? Rusty Cooley Way, the Chris Memorial Quarry, the Drakkar Tyrannis District...

Edit: The Emperion Landfill, Ed Roman Custom Shop, Devries National Raw Untreated Wood Forest, Huf Empty Field...

Liberty has never come from the government.
Liberty has always come from the subjects of it.
The history of liberty is a history of resistance.
- Woodrow Wilson
Chickenhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2011, 03:28 AM   #191
Giddyup.

Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.
So any estimate until when it'll be up and running?

M E M O I R S
Music from myself and Kurkkuviipale!
http://soundcloud.com/m-e-m-o-i-r-s

I also do graphic design, both freelance and for label Myriad Records.
Prydogga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2011, 03:38 AM   #192
Teh Groove Metuhl

Taylor is a name known to allTaylor is a name known to allTaylor is a name known to allTaylor is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Started a new map, found a HUGE tunnel system, had to keep tunneling, within 20 minutes found :

12 Diamond
6 Lapis Lazuli
10 Gold
85 Iron
102 Coal
A bunch of Obsidian

And died.
In lava.
Which means stuff is gone.

Me = Ragequit/delete.

TG Audio

Good rates, good returns.
Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2011, 05:07 AM   #193
Freemanologist

Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prydogga View Post
So any estimate until when it'll be up and running?
I already blew past the first date I set, and the extension I gave myself, because of weather, and being stubborn on what I wanted to use, exactly.

And now, I ran into a money issue. My parents needed a pretty hefty loan (a REALLY hefty loan, actually), which put me in a bind. I'm stretched a little thin because of it.

It's not going to stop the project, just means I have to look a little harder to find a better deal on parts. It won't hurt the actual server, it's just going to delay it.

If I HAD to give an estimate, I would say another 2 weeks. But, honestly I could have it finished in 3 days, or it could take another month. I can't really say

EDIT:

I just want to thank everybody for their interest. That alone makes this entire project worth it. I love doing stuff for people, and it feels great to see people actually get enjoyment out of it.

And yes, I will accept donations But not until AFTER it is up and running, and you all spend some time on it. It is costing me money to build (I won't use the computer for anything other than hosting the Minecraft server client, I've got a Macbook for everything else), and will be online 24/7, which isn't an issue, since we have internet regardless. Damned fast internet, actually.

Don't get me wrong, I am absolutely doing this as a favor to my SS.org brothers. And I will never ask for a dime from anybody for this. But of course, I'd be a fool not to open my PayPal to gifts if somebody wants to buy me a sandwich sometime

Liberty has never come from the government.
Liberty has always come from the subjects of it.
The history of liberty is a history of resistance.
- Woodrow Wilson
Chickenhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2011, 06:37 AM   #194
Theory God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
Started a new map, found a HUGE tunnel system, had to keep tunneling, within 20 minutes found :

12 Diamond
6 Lapis Lazuli
10 Gold
85 Iron
102 Coal
A bunch of Obsidian

And died.
In lava.
Which means stuff is gone.

Me = Ragequit/delete.
How did it happen? Dig straight down, get lava'd horizontally (), or careless misstep? I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that you were gathering obsidian and there was lava underneath one block.

Is there anything that youse guys don't mine? I personally have no use for gold, and obsidian is too damn time-consuming to actually mine. I also don't care much for redstone; maybe a little, but after I get a stack, I'm usually satisfied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity Complex View Post
I just want to thank everybody for their interest. That alone makes this entire project worth it. I love doing stuff for people, and it feels great to see people actually get enjoyment out of it.

And yes, I will accept donations But not until AFTER it is up and running, and you all spend some time on it. It is costing me money to build (I won't use the computer for anything other than hosting the Minecraft server client, I've got a Macbook for everything else), and will be online 24/7, which isn't an issue, since we have internet regardless. Damned fast internet, actually.

Don't get me wrong, I am absolutely doing this as a favor to my SS.org brothers. And I will never ask for a dime from anybody for this. But of course, I'd be a fool not to open my PayPal to gifts if somebody wants to buy me a sandwich sometime
Unread 01-23-2011, 11:15 AM   #195
A Chap Called Ross

vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
Quote:
How did it happen? Dig straight down, get lava'd horizontally (), or careless misstep? I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that you were gathering obsidian and there was lava underneath one block.

Is there anything that youse guys don't mine? I personally have no use for gold, and obsidian is too damn time-consuming to actually mine. I also don't care much for redstone; maybe a little, but after I get a stack, I'm usually satisfied.
I almost did that once, mining obsidian can be tricky, so its best to get a bucket of water and lava and make it above ground. You can even use dirt to make it into a mould of a gate, so no pickaxe required.

I don't mine redstone and coal if I have a good amount already. I mine gold though, can use em to make clocks and gold blocks for decoration.
vampiregenocide is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2011, 12:44 PM   #196
Correct-handed

leftyguitarjoe is pretty damn metal.leftyguitarjoe is pretty damn metal.leftyguitarjoe is pretty damn metal.leftyguitarjoe is pretty damn metal.leftyguitarjoe is pretty damn metal.leftyguitarjoe is pretty damn metal.leftyguitarjoe is pretty damn metal.leftyguitarjoe is pretty damn metal.
Here are a few of my world. I play solely to build. I dont really care about the survival and harvesting aspect of it, so I cheat my balls off.

My screenshots look weird because of my dual screen setup.

My tower

My glass dome

My underwater area. To make one sucessfully, you have to make a cube of whatever block you want under water with an outer shell of glass. You then need to come from underneath and mine the interior blocks while keeping the glass shell intact.

And the result of too much TNT

"Yeah, sometimes when you're cool, you spontaneously combust into a fireball of awesomeness" - RenegadeDave
leftyguitarjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2011, 12:46 PM   #197
A Chap Called Ross

vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
Holy shit its like the Victoria Falls.
Unread 01-23-2011, 02:55 PM   #198
Teh Groove Metuhl

Taylor is a name known to allTaylor is a name known to allTaylor is a name known to allTaylor is a name known to all
Quote:

Careless misstep.
Thought there was a block and there sure wasn't.

I don't mine gold that much, since it's pretty well useless..

TG Audio

Good rates, good returns.
Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2011, 03:09 PM   #199
CFB
SS.org Regular

CFB is a jewel in the rough
I built a cool bridge

CFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2011, 03:32 PM   #200
A Chap Called Ross

Holy ....balls thats awesome.