homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming Tech support, gaming, gadgets, electronics and general computer discussion here.

Like Tree993Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-20-2011, 09:41 PM   #1376
Reggie J Worthington

Sicarius is just really niceSicarius is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opeth666 View Post
to me Skyrim is still in the BETA stage and shouldnt have been released yet...
It's Bethesda, be happy they really didn't release it in Beta.

Through victory, my chains are broken.

Sicarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 12-21-2011, 02:10 AM   #1377
Some call me... Tim

Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.
I just went on a random killing spree in Markarth just for shits and giggles (I saved beforehand, of course) and got my bounty in The Reach up to 23,000 in about five minutes using nothing but Storm Call and Fire Storm. It was hilarious.

"We must not indulge in unfavorable views of mankind, since by doing it we make bad men believe they are no worse than others, and we teach the good that they are good in vain." - Walter Winchell

"Progressive music used to be about thinking outside the box, but now it's just about fitting as many notes inside the box as possible, and it bores me to tears." -Sol Niger 333 [paraphrased]

"It is important to be a Jedi." - Mika
Grand Moff Tim is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2011, 02:35 AM   #1378
Deftones Guru.

BrainArt is a splendid one to beholdBrainArt is a splendid one to beholdBrainArt is a splendid one to beholdBrainArt is a splendid one to beholdBrainArt is a splendid one to behold
Killing sprees are always fun when you're bored of doing quests and just want to blow off some steam. In the game, of course.

I went back to Windhelm and got myself arrested to get rid of the massive bounty I had. But, it was weird, because not long after that I was arrested again for doing absolutely nothing.

Also, I kind of regret my killing spree in Windhelm and not knowing about the serial killer quest when I first went there.

Member of the Injustice League with Pooluke41, Jakke and -42.

I am Poi; The Ipu pounding, Ukulele shredding rapey clown, who ruins childhood dreams of balloon animals!
BrainArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2011, 08:05 AM   #1379
SIGN YO REP

Captain Shoggoth is a jewel in the rough
>powerlevel smithing to 60 from 30 or so in three sessions
>have some spare steelwarhammers lying around
>by chance purchase a weapon with soul snare enchantment
>??????
>Perpetual Slavemaker (Flawless)

<a href=http://i54.tinypic.com/687f5f.jpg target=_blank>http://i54.tinypic.com/687f5f.jpg</a>

"we could package a couple turds inside the guitar, so it'd smell like shit all the time"-dean guitars

"She's a girl. It could mean ANYTHING."-Konfyouzd
Captain Shoggoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2011, 08:26 AM   #1380
SS.org Regular

Black_Sheep has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainArt View Post
serial killer quest
Did you finish it? Cause i couldn't, there was some bug that ....ed up the entire quest. Don't know if it's fixed by now...

"Reality is almost always wrong."
Black_Sheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2011, 11:57 AM   #1381
Deftones Guru.

BrainArt is a splendid one to beholdBrainArt is a splendid one to beholdBrainArt is a splendid one to beholdBrainArt is a splendid one to beholdBrainArt is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Sheep View Post
Did you finish it? Cause i couldn't, there was some bug that ....ed up the entire quest. Don't know if it's fixed by now...
Dude, I didn't even start it. I had no idea about it until after my spree.

I am Poi; The Ipu pounding, Ukulele shredding rapey clown, who ruins childhood dreams of balloon animals!
Unread 12-21-2011, 02:22 PM   #1382
A Chap Called Ross

vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
Quote:
Dude, I didn't even start it. I had no idea about it until after my spree.
You became the serial killer. YOU ARE THE QUEST.
XEN likes this.
vampiregenocide is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2011, 02:33 PM   #1383
Some call me... Tim

Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Sheep View Post
I thought it was bugged too, but it's actually just really particular about certain steps.
Assuming you have already investigated the house the killer was in, you've seen the ZOMG A BUTCHER!!!1! pamphlets on the shelf in the corner. First, make sure you also get the strange amulet under the pamphlets, as that'll unlock a conversation option. Second, make sure you take one of the pamphlets and keep it. Third, be sure to check the wardrobe near that shelf, if you haven't. It conceals a gruesome surprise that you'll need. Then, go talk to Viola Giordano, and make sure that pamphlet is in your inventory, because if it isn't, you won't get the quest-related conversation option. That's what had me stuck on the quest for-freaking-ever: not having the stupid pamphlet with me.

Hope that helped a bit. I was pissed about that quest for a long time too, until I did some e-digging and found that out.

"We must not indulge in unfavorable views of mankind, since by doing it we make bad men believe they are no worse than others, and we teach the good that they are good in vain." - Walter Winchell

"Progressive music used to be about thinking outside the box, but now it's just about fitting as many notes inside the box as possible, and it bores me to tears." -Sol Niger 333 [paraphrased]

Unread 12-21-2011, 03:12 PM   #1384
The Dirt Guy

SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Moff Tim View Post
I just went on a random killing spree in Markarth just for shits and giggles (I saved beforehand, of course) and got my bounty in The Reach up to 23,000 in about five minutes using nothing but Storm Call and Fire Storm. It was hilarious.

What really ticked me off is in Markarth for the forsworn conspiracy quest line
you cannot get in the jail without being arrested. I stole the key from the guards, murderred the 4 guards who killed Elyas and fully expected this time to sneak in, murder Macanath, and sneak out. Last time the guards breathing down me made me surrender (or be killed) outside, and I had assumed this would be an option.
I feel they really dropped the ball there, it should have been doable.

That whole having a pamphlet in your inventory was a PITA step that I didn't figure out either, until I read it somewhere. I even have the journal one, from the man himself, and couldn't solve it. Bethesda needed to have that particular journal fast forward the quest. Radiant responsive system my ass

Guitar techs are for sissies.

Learn some damn music theory, don't complain, and you'll be a better person. -Schecterwhore

Show me a truly awesome guitar for under $1000 and I'll show you hateful lies.
SirMyghin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2011, 03:44 PM   #1385
SS.org Regular

Maniacal is a name known to allManiacal is a name known to allManiacal is a name known to allManiacal is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Currently level 50... gets a bit too easy from this point on. Pretty much killing everything in 1 hit, with the exception of dragons.

Books, posters, play along lessons and apps!

I teach on Skype - If you purchased my books, first lesson is free!

http://www.shredtraining.com

Please subscribe to my YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/shredtraining
Maniacal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2011, 04:29 PM   #1386
A Chap Called Ross

vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
Just finished the mage college, pretty underwhelming.
Unread 12-21-2011, 06:59 PM   #1387
Some call me... Tim

Using God Mode goes a ways towards making spellcasting more enjoyable, because you can use the really high level stuff without worrying about magicka cost or recharging, so you can just use a wide variety of uber-spells to .... shit up everywhere you go, and finally feel like the supremely powerful mage that the vanilla game never quite achieves. It also eliminates the need for shout recharging, which makes using whirlwhind sprint to zoom around everywhere feasible and fun. Incidentally, no matter how many times the guards ask you to stop shouting in town, they never actually do anything about it. I sprint everywhere now, so I get warned at least three times per visit .

Unread 12-21-2011, 07:28 PM   #1388
SuiÁmez fanboy

GhostsofAcid is a jewel in the rough
About 130 hours in, across like 7 characters... Haven't even gotten one to level 50

I decided yesterday to start a character to get to the level cap with. It's caused me to have a really weird playing style because i use stealth with bows/dual wielding melee/destruction magic all at once. I'm kind of concerned spreading xp out like this will cause this guy to be really underpowered for his level, so i'm trying to keep non combat skills from leveling much.
GhostsofAcid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2011, 12:43 AM   #1389
Deftones Guru.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampiregenocide View Post
You became the serial killer. YOU ARE THE QUEST.

Started power-leveling my smithing, nearing 80 now.

Unread 12-22-2011, 01:06 AM   #1390
Derp

MrMcSick is just really niceMrMcSick is just really nice
Only things left for me to level up are resto/conjur/pickpocket/1 hand/alchemy and they are all in the 60-90's. I'm at level 75. Woot.
XEN likes this.
MrMcSick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2011, 05:00 AM   #1391
SIGN YO REP

Captain Shoggoth is a jewel in the rough
PC gamers take note:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vKey...layer_embedded

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMyghin View Post
What really ticked me off is in Markarth for the forsworn conspiracy quest line
you cannot get in the jail without being arrested. I stole the key from the guards, murderred the 4 guards who killed Elyas and fully expected this time to sneak in, murder Macanath, and sneak out. Last time the guards breathing down me made me surrender (or be killed) outside, and I had assumed this would be an option.
I feel they really dropped the ball there, it should have been doable.
Hence why I took out my rage
on Madanach by bludgeoning his head in with a pickaxe then looting his key. I liked Eltrys as well, who'll raise his son now?

Quote:

Started power-leveling my smithing, nearing 80 now.
Same, I've gone from 30 to 74 in three days.

<a href=http://i54.tinypic.com/687f5f.jpg target=_blank>http://i54.tinypic.com/687f5f.jpg</a>

"we could package a couple turds inside the guitar, so it'd smell like shit all the time"-dean guitars

"She's a girl. It could mean ANYTHING."-Konfyouzd
Captain Shoggoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2011, 06:48 AM   #1392
The Dirt Guy

SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Shoggoth View Post
PC gamers take note:

That is freaking amazing.

Learn some damn music theory, don't complain, and you'll be a better person. -Schecterwhore

Unread 12-22-2011, 11:42 AM   #1393
A Chap Called Ross

I'm now collecting all the Dragon Priest masks, half way there!
Unread 12-23-2011, 07:40 AM   #1394
SS.org Regular

Vinchester is just really niceVinchester is just really nice
I have finished Companion, Thief, Mages, Dark Bros questlines I find the rewards a bit disappointing.

Btw, for you mage-players, how much Magicka do you have? I currently have about 400 including all buffs. I read it somewhere that 300 magicka excluding buff is sufficient because later you'll enchant clothes with 75% spell cost reduction?

Carvin DC700 BKP Painkillers
ESP Eclipse I CTM FT w/ BKP Rebel Yells
ESP M-II w/ D-sonic/Air Norton
Jackson RR3 w/ EMG81/60
Vinchester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2011, 10:52 AM   #1395
A Chap Called Ross

Found what seems to be a bit of an exploit in terms of enabling you to level up pickpocketing quickly.

You need to have done the thieves guild. Just pick pocket guards and if you're caught, pay them off and say you're from the guild. Then as they walk away, pick pocket all the money you gave them back plus whatever they had. You'll be pick pocketing around 500 so you get a lot more experience than if you just stole a couple of septims. You can only do this to an individual guard once, as the second time the option to bribe them off as a member of the guild is not given (This probably comes back in time). Just do it to each of the guards in a city then move to another. Easy.
Unread 12-23-2011, 06:10 PM   #1396
/)'3'(\

ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinchester View Post
I have finished Companion, Thief, Mages, Dark Bros questlines I find the rewards a bit disappointing.

Btw, for you mage-players, how much Magicka do you have? I currently have about 400 including all buffs. I read it somewhere that 300 magicka excluding buff is sufficient because later you'll enchant clothes with 75% spell cost reduction?
I have around 400 base. I also have the ring of resurgence that I bought off of a shop. 80% magicka regeneration? Yes please!

Ride the wings of death!

"Seriously... You DO NOT headbang with your knees" Murmel

ittoa666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2011, 06:41 PM   #1397
SS.org Regular

Stealth7 is a glorious beacon of lightStealth7 is a glorious beacon of lightStealth7 is a glorious beacon of light

Stealth7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2011, 07:01 PM   #1398
SuiÁmez fanboy

GhostsofAcid is a jewel in the rough
Quote:

My mage only has 200 something base, but with all effects has 320 magicka, 15% spell reduction, and a rather rediculous 350% magicka regen rate, which feels almost like cheating
GhostsofAcid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2011, 09:28 PM   #1399
Frets? What frets?

Varcolac has much to be proud ofVarcolac has much to be proud ofVarcolac has much to be proud ofVarcolac has much to be proud ofVarcolac has much to be proud ofVarcolac has much to be proud of
Quote:

With 100 Enchanting and a bunch of perks I can enchant a set of armour that gives 100% spell cost reduction to two separate schools. Mage armour weighs about 5 pounds for a set, so I can carry around enough armour to cast any spell for nothing. You could probably do a hell of a lot more with Alchemy leveled up and abusing the enchant-alchemy recursive loop of awesome.

10 Make a "fortify enchanting" potion.
20 Use "fortify enchanting" potion.
30 Make a "fortify alchemy" enchantment.
40 Equip "fortify alchemy" enchantment.
50 goto 10

You end up with stupidly powerful enchantments. I can't be bothered to level alchemy though, so I'm happy with carting around a few extra pounds of robes.

It's either that or smash their face in with an enchanted legen... wait for it... hope you're not lactose intolerant because the next word is... dary Daedric sword.
BrainArt and Vinchester like this.

SchecterWhore: "Development, phase four. Beethoven
takes you for a ride through space in his Pontiac Trans Am."
Varcolac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2011, 11:09 PM   #1400
The Dirt Guy

Your idea to exploit doesn't quite work, they (at least when I tried with a potion) capped out how far enchantments actually go at max level. Unlike upgrading smithing stuff.