homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming Tech support, gaming, gadgets, electronics and general computer discussion here.

Like Tree985Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-16-2011, 09:45 PM   #1326
SS.org Regular

ScottyB724 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
For me being a console guy, the UI main menu is a ....ing god-send compared to other games. The skill menu perks angling thing is only a slight annoyance personally, not too bad once you get used to it. But I definitely see how it would be shitty on a PC, but you guys got mods.. so yea.
Captain Shoggoth likes this.
ScottyB724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 12-16-2011, 09:46 PM   #1327
Some call me... Tim

Grand Moff Tim is the epitome of metal.Grand Moff Tim is the epitome of metal.Grand Moff Tim is the epitome of metal.Grand Moff Tim is the epitome of metal.Grand Moff Tim is the epitome of metal.Grand Moff Tim is the epitome of metal.Grand Moff Tim is the epitome of metal.Grand Moff Tim is the epitome of metal.Grand Moff Tim is the epitome of metal.
I just want to see the roads on the map. That's all I ask for. I'm lame enough that I LIKE following the roads instead of just making a beeline for my destination. It makes me feel more like I'm part of the world.
MrMcSick likes this.

"We must not indulge in unfavorable views of mankind, since by doing it we make bad men believe they are no worse than others, and we teach the good that they are good in vain." - Walter Winchell

"Progressive music used to be about thinking outside the box, but now it's just about fitting as many notes inside the box as possible, and it bores me to tears." -Sol Niger 333 [paraphrased]

"It is important to be a Jedi." - Mika
Grand Moff Tim is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2011, 09:57 PM   #1328
Sea Turtles mate

Michael T is shredding to new heights.Michael T is shredding to new heights.Michael T is shredding to new heights.Michael T is shredding to new heights.Michael T is shredding to new heights.Michael T is shredding to new heights.Michael T is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 50 reviews
Screw a bunch of Skyrim. Got 182hrs into it and now my game is freezing up every 5 minutes. Completely unplayable. Hope they patch this soon, I've tried everything I've found online and nothing helps !!!

Oh well, still love the game.

The project that I'm working on is so secret... Even I don't know what I'm doing!

Michael T is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2011, 09:59 PM   #1329
Some call me... Tim

Grand Moff Tim is the epitome of metal.Grand Moff Tim is the epitome of metal.Grand Moff Tim is the epitome of metal.Grand Moff Tim is the epitome of metal.Grand Moff Tim is the epitome of metal.Grand Moff Tim is the epitome of metal.Grand Moff Tim is the epitome of metal.Grand Moff Tim is the epitome of metal.Grand Moff Tim is the epitome of metal.
Playing it on PS3, are you?

"We must not indulge in unfavorable views of mankind, since by doing it we make bad men believe they are no worse than others, and we teach the good that they are good in vain." - Walter Winchell

"Progressive music used to be about thinking outside the box, but now it's just about fitting as many notes inside the box as possible, and it bores me to tears." -Sol Niger 333 [paraphrased]

Unread 12-16-2011, 10:43 PM   #1330
Sea Turtles mate

Michael T is shredding to new heights.Michael T is shredding to new heights.Michael T is shredding to new heights.Michael T is shredding to new heights.Michael T is shredding to new heights.Michael T is shredding to new heights.Michael T is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 50 reviews
Nope Xbox 360

The project that I'm working on is so secret... Even I don't know what I'm doing!

Michael T is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2011, 10:54 PM   #1331
Some call me... Tim

Huh. I hadn't heard about any lag/freeze problems on the 360. Glad I have it on PC, I guess .

Unread 12-16-2011, 11:09 PM   #1332
ss.org Regular

Tomo009 is a jewel in the rough
I absolutely hate the UI, not to say TES has ever had a good UI, but it's so clunky and just not very computer friendly. On PC, the mouse controls are incredibly unresponsive meaning you sort of have to use the arrow keys, which is very awkward and sort of time consuming compared to just clicking what you want. Not sure why the mouse controls are so bad or why they wouldn't just allow you to point an click instead of having to scroll through every option first.

Pretty minor complaint about the game really but it seems to be what is being discussed haha.
Tomo009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2011, 11:29 PM   #1333
SS.org Regular

AxeHappy is a name known to allAxeHappy is a name known to allAxeHappy is a name known to allAxeHappy is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I haven't had any trouble using my mouse. I just find it a poorly laid out pile of shit. Should take 7 ....ing clicks to get to what took 1 (1 ....ING CLICK!!!!) in Morrowind.
AxeHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2011, 12:10 AM   #1334
Some call me... Tim

An annoying thing regarding clicks is that with almost every instance that you have a choice of dropping/selling 5 or more items, you have the option of choosing how many you drop/sell, but for smithing? NOPE. You want to craft 20 daggers? DO THAT SHIT ONE-BY-ONE, BITCH! Shit's un-....in'-necessary.
AxeHappy likes this.

Unread 12-17-2011, 12:39 AM   #1335
GHETTO KING OF SWAG

The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I really didn't have an issue getting used to the UI. The only problem I've had is that when you try to sell lots of things on a console version, it takes forever to get where you want, whereas I'm assuming on PC you can just click in the middle or something.

If you're going to 'like' my posts, give me some rep instead.

"
i just laughed at my own reflection, not sure if ugly or drunk" -Murmel

The Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2011, 12:43 AM   #1336
ss.org Regular

Tomo009 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reverend View Post
I really didn't have an issue getting used to the UI. The only problem I've had is that when you try to sell lots of things on a console version, it takes forever to get where you want, whereas I'm assuming on PC you can just click in the middle or something.
Not sure what you mean here, but the whole UI is the same, shopping is one of the worst aspects.

So is pointing and clicking actually working for others? For me, I have to mouse over what is selected by default then slowly mouse to the next in line and repeat until I'm where I want. It doesn't recognize just mousing over the option I want and clicking, it will click the default option, so annoying. Arrows end up being much easier but it's kind of odd I have to do that.
Tomo009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2011, 12:44 AM   #1337
Reggie J Worthington

Sicarius is just really niceSicarius is just really nice
I never realized Christopher Plummer was Aegnir

Through victory, my chains are broken.

Sicarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2011, 01:11 AM   #1338
GHETTO KING OF SWAG

The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo009 View Post
Not sure what you mean here, but the whole UI is the same, shopping is one of the worst aspects.

So is pointing and clicking actually working for others? For me, I have to mouse over what is selected by default then slowly mouse to the next in line and repeat until I'm where I want. It doesn't recognize just mousing over the option I want and clicking, it will click the default option, so annoying. Arrows end up being much easier but it's kind of odd I have to do that.
I mean that when you have a lot of items, say a thousand Ancient Nord Arrows, and you try to sell them, you have to hold down a thumbstick and watch it scroll through the numbers. I'm assuming that if a PC player was doing that, you could just click in the middle and sell 500 instead of a thousand.

If you're going to 'like' my posts, give me some rep instead.

"
i just laughed at my own reflection, not sure if ugly or drunk" -Murmel

The Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2011, 01:12 AM   #1339
Some call me... Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicarius View Post
Christopher Plummer

<3

Unread 12-17-2011, 07:50 AM   #1340
The Dirt Guy

SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Moff Tim View Post
An annoying thing regarding clicks is that with almost every instance that you have a choice of dropping/selling 5 or more items, you have the option of choosing how many you drop/sell, but for smithing? NOPE. You want to craft 20 daggers? DO THAT SHIT ONE-BY-ONE, BITCH! Shit's un-....in'-necessary.
Not to mention the constant 'are you sure menus' so you have to do everything twice. I mean you have to select an items, enchantment, and soul gem. Then press are and get "are you sure" ....
AxeHappy likes this.

Guitar techs are for sissies.

Learn some damn music theory, don't complain, and you'll be a better person. -Schecterwhore

Show me a truly awesome guitar for under $1000 and I'll show you hateful lies.
SirMyghin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2011, 08:26 AM   #1341
SS.org Regular

AxeHappy is a name known to allAxeHappy is a name known to allAxeHappy is a name known to allAxeHappy is a name known to all
That drives me crazy! Every time it comes up I try and click, "E," as in every other game ever made the default use button answers yes to shit on the PC.

But NO!!!! YOU HAVE TO MOUSE OVER THAT SHIT IN SKYRIM!!!!!
SirMyghin likes this.
Unread 12-17-2011, 02:56 PM   #1342
A Chap Called Ross

vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
Okay my character is now badass as ..... I'm going through all the Daedric artefact missions, and have about 6 or 7 now. My character currently has ebony mail, Clavicus Vile's mask and the rest is regular upgraded Daedric armour. Looks epic.

I do have an issue with my wife Aela though. Every time I come home, she comes at me with a knife and brings the dialogue box up. She isn't hostile, just in an attack stance. She won't let me escape and keeps bringing the box up, so I have to quickly dodge her. When I try to wait or fast travel, it says I can't travel when guards are pursuing me, but Aela is the only one following me. It's a pain.
vampiregenocide is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2011, 05:03 PM   #1343
Some call me... Tim

Unread 12-17-2011, 07:41 PM   #1344
OVER THE LINE!

Wingchunwarrior is a glorious beacon of lightWingchunwarrior is a glorious beacon of lightWingchunwarrior is a glorious beacon of light
At level 47 atm,quite proud but a guy I know is level 81! I don't understand how's its possible?

Shono.........

ahead of his time
Wingchunwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2011, 09:49 PM   #1345
Some call me... Tim

Just used the Populate Spellbook console command, and MAN there are alot of spells. Blizzard is pretty hilarious, I have to admit. I can't wait to use it on a room full of baddies.

Unread 12-17-2011, 10:47 PM   #1346
SS.org Regular

Installed a bunch of crafting mods yesterday and they're pretty awesome. I highly recommend them:

Lost Art of The Blacksmith
More Craftables
Legendary Smithing Upgrades
Dragonbone Weapons
Craftable Staves
Craftable Soulstones
SirMyghin likes this.
Unread 12-18-2011, 02:51 AM   #1347
Some call me... Tim

Go ahead, Alduin. .... with Calls-Down-Lightning. I DARE you.

Unread 12-18-2011, 07:31 AM   #1348
"Asian Persuasion"

stevo1 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
They need dragon weapons or something, I can't keep making Daedra weapons, because daedra hearts are hard to come by for me. Or I wish bethesda would fix some of the respawn problems so the dremoras at the temple of Mehrunes Dagon would respawn.
stevo1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2011, 07:56 AM   #1349
Stay Negative™

leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.
leveling restoration is a pain in the ....ing ass...

is the new black

RIP PETER STEELE

Music:
* www.soundclick.com/leandroabaurre
*www.soundcloud.com/leandroab

Guitar projects:

*Baritone 6 Conversion

Quotes:
* ''
I intend them to .... them with the long cock of the law." - Trashmanzac
* "
I think this mistake was the equivalent of a 6000 foot tall cock bukkake tsunami-ing Tokyo." - metallisuk
"I'm a big fan of the effects of alcohol." - Peter Steele
leandroab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2011, 08:31 AM   #1350
The Dirt Guy

SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Moff Tim View Post
Go ahead, Alduin. .... with Calls-Down-Lightning. I DARE you.

http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/v...NLIGHTNING.png
I have a black and red argonoian somewhere too . He was heavy 1h and shield, got shelfed for heavy + 2h, which you are right, is ridiculous.
Sicarius and Grand Moff Tim like this.

Guitar techs are for sissies.

Learn some damn music theory, don't complain, and you'll be a better person. -Schecterwhore

Show me a truly awesome guitar for under $1000 and I'll show you hateful lies.
SirMyghin is offline   Reply With Quote