homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming Tech support, gaming, gadgets, electronics and general computer discussion here.

Like Tree985Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-18-2011, 11:38 AM   #51
Dis ....in' guy...

JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
most definitely looking forward to this!
JPMDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 03-18-2011, 12:39 PM   #52
SS.org Regular

jaredowty is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faine View Post
"Such nasty creatures"
jaredowty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2011, 04:40 AM   #53
ss.org Regular

Nuke is on a distinguished road
Hopefully the game will look as good as the trailer.

I always hated when they put out a trailer so far ahead that looks awesome, but then the actual game gets dumbed down in the graphics department for the final release. It's like seeing Death Dealer on the cover of Molly Hatchett albums and going ".... yeah! this is gonna be brutal!" and you get Country Rock. :/

Oblivion did get repetitious with the design after a while, but that was done to save time. I mean, there's over 250 locations to explore not counting the cities. Hell I'm just glad you could actually go into all the houses! I HATED that limiting crap in Silent Hill, and that "hunt for it" crap in general where you go into a town full of houses and go up and down the street checking doors: "will this one open? nope. how about this one? nope. this one? no. this? no. here? no. ...., this one? no. this sucks - HEY! I finally found a door that will open, what's inside? not jack shit. 2 dead bodies, a weaker weapon than what I've got, and a fat guy in heavy plate with a 6-foot chainsaw that you can't defeat, and can't take his weapon if you do win."

And someone will really have to explain in great detail what made Morrowind such a smash hit. Granted I tried it on XB only after having been through Oblivion several dozen times, so I'm spoiled a bit on the graphics, but really, go total-geek and explain why it's infinitely better than Oblivion, cuz I don't see it.
The graphics were weak even for the time it came out!
Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2011, 05:11 AM   #54
Fapping to J-rock

Murmel is a splendid one to beholdMurmel is a splendid one to beholdMurmel is a splendid one to beholdMurmel is a splendid one to beholdMurmel is a splendid one to behold
^
Oblivion and Morrowind on Xbox...
I'd totally not recommend playing these games on console. Having tried both, I can say that the experience on PC is much better.
Sephael likes this.

Schecters don't have baseball bat necks.
Get the .... over it.

"I think this mistake was the equivalent of a 6000 foot tall cock bukkake tsunami-ing Tokyo." -metallisuk

Shono, forever and always.
Murmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2011, 06:25 AM   #55
monster death chunk

powergroover is a jewel in the rough
i looved morrowind, blew my mind when i first played that
sadly never got the chance to play oblivion

guess i'll check this one then
powergroover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2011, 01:47 PM   #56
Banned

Grand Moff Tim is the epitome of metal.Grand Moff Tim is the epitome of metal.Grand Moff Tim is the epitome of metal.Grand Moff Tim is the epitome of metal.Grand Moff Tim is the epitome of metal.Grand Moff Tim is the epitome of metal.Grand Moff Tim is the epitome of metal.Grand Moff Tim is the epitome of metal.Grand Moff Tim is the epitome of metal.
Bump because I preordered the Collector's Edition for PC yesterday and I'm totally friggin' stoked. November can't come quickly enough.

Cloth map, dragon statue, book and DVD.

Bobo and BigPhi84 like this.
Grand Moff Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2011, 05:34 PM   #57
Five Align

Lagtastic is just really niceLagtastic is just really nice
Between Skyrim and the new Zelda game coming out my Nov/Dec is booked.
BigPhi84 likes this.

Accept the consequence of risk
Lagtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2011, 07:29 PM   #58
SS.org Regular

Bobo is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I have a poo laptop, I'll pick this up on PS3 or Xbox (maybe PS3 has better graphics?). I think it'll still rock my balls off. My buddy wants to play it too since he's never played a game like this...I assured him his balls will be rocked off too.

"Two things are infinite : the universe and human stupidity ; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2011, 07:37 PM   #59
SS.org Regular

ScottyB724 is a jewel in the rough
Im totally nerding out and getting the Collector's Edition for xbox.

11/11/11 is going to be the most epic day of my life. Skyrim, and the BTBAM/AAL/TesseracT show in Chicago !!

Edit: 111th post hahah

....ing elevens everywhere!!!11!1!!one
ScottyB724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2011, 09:12 PM   #60
The Dirt Guy

SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I am not geek enough to buy the CE, but I will likely buy the game itself. 150$ is just too much.

Guitar techs are for sissies.

Learn some damn music theory, don't complain, and you'll be a better person. -Schecterwhore

Show me a truly awesome guitar for under $1000 and I'll show you hateful lies.
SirMyghin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2011, 09:15 PM   #61
MFB
ExBendable

MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
I WANT the Collector's Edition for the stuff, but I really can't justify it enough since it's just a map that'll get hung up and an art book that'll get looked at every now and then.

Regardless, I'll still be buying the regular edition or if there's one between the standard and CE, one that might include some DLC and such then I'll grab that.

(・ω・`)

In space, no one can hear you bree. - Metal Ken
MFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2011, 09:38 PM   #62
Banned

Grand Moff Tim is the epitome of metal.Grand Moff Tim is the epitome of metal.Grand Moff Tim is the epitome of metal.Grand Moff Tim is the epitome of metal.Grand Moff Tim is the epitome of metal.Grand Moff Tim is the epitome of metal.Grand Moff Tim is the epitome of metal.Grand Moff Tim is the epitome of metal.Grand Moff Tim is the epitome of metal.
I've been kicking myself for years for not getting the Oblivion Collector's Edition because that Imperial Septim replica was friggin' bitchin'. I know the Skyrim CS is pricey as ...., but this is pretty much the one game series for which I'm okay with dropping that kind of coin. I played Oblivion to 100% completion (so far as that can actually be done) on 360, PS3 and PC, so the price tag here didn't really phase me.

Yes, I actually am that lame.
Unread 09-01-2011, 10:45 PM   #63
GHETTO KING OF SWAG

The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Moff Tim View Post
Yes, I actually am that boss.
Fixed.
Grand Moff Tim likes this.

If you're going to 'like' my posts, give me some rep instead.

"
i just laughed at my own reflection, not sure if ugly or drunk" -Murmel

The Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2011, 04:24 PM   #64
H. Maddas

Pooluke41 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pooluke41 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pooluke41 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pooluke41 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pooluke41 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pooluke41 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pooluke41 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
I hope the Cities are actually Big, unlike Oblivion where the imperial city was tiny...

Seriously, 30 odd homes = City? WTF?
Bigfan likes this.
Pooluke41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2011, 07:41 PM   #65
Five Align

Lagtastic is just really niceLagtastic is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooluke41 View Post
I hope the Cities are actually Big, unlike Oblivion where the imperial city was tiny...

Seriously, 30 odd homes = City? WTF?

Best part of Oblivion was running through that city and laying waste to everything.

Accept the consequence of risk
Lagtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2011, 09:30 PM   #66
H. Maddas

Pooluke41 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pooluke41 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pooluke41 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pooluke41 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pooluke41 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pooluke41 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pooluke41 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagtastic View Post
Best part of Oblivion was running through that city and laying waste to everything.
Nah, it was destroying Weynon Priory's sheep.
Pooluke41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2011, 10:26 PM   #67
Still has GAS

Jake is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Jake is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Jake is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Jake is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Jake is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Jake is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Jake is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
since oblivion took my life away before skyrim will most likely do the same, between this gow3, bf3, and mw3 im gonna fail my first year of college! hahah

Check out my band: www.facebook.com/ceasethesky
Current Stable:
-PRS SC245 Satin 10 top with birds
-Carvin CT3
-ESP Eclipse II Snow White
-Ibanez RGA121 Prestige
-Ibanez S1520FB Prestige
-Ibanez RG1570RB Prestige
-Ibanez RG8

Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2011, 12:21 AM   #68
SS.org Regular

Bobo is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 717ctsjz View Post
since oblivion took my life away before skyrim will most likely do the same, between this gow3, bf3, and mw3 im gonna fail my first year of college! hahah
I'm lusting over all those too. Of course the major ....ing problem here is they will all release around the same time. I hate that. When I really get into a good game, whether it be a rpg like Elder Scrolls or multiplayer like GOW, I like to spend months on just that game. I'm gonna be torn as to how to schedule my gaming

"Two things are infinite : the universe and human stupidity ; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2011, 07:35 AM   #69
Ex Whiny Bitch

Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.
My friend who works at GameStation says apparently the main story is 100 hours long and to complete it 100% it's going to be close to 300 hours
XEN, BigPhi84 and Infamous Impact like this.

What happened to Jeff? Funny how he dropped off the radar now that the entire Western world disagrees with his right wing bullshit.
Scar Symmetry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2011, 09:04 AM   #70
The Dirt Guy

SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar Symmetry View Post
My friend who works at GameStation says apparently the main story is 100 hours long and to complete it 100% it's going to be close to 300 hours
So 60 hour main story (I am sorry devs, but whenever you tell me it is an 80 hour story I finish in 50, and so on ). Either way, that is a hell of a lot bigger than oblivion. Anyone know what they quoted on Oblivion, I know I had done most everything I wanted to and got bored in 30 hours. Morrowind I don't want to think of how long I played for.

I agree about the cities too, we need another Vivec, that at least felt bit walking around it.
XEN and Bigfan like this.

Learn some damn music theory, don't complain, and you'll be a better person. -Schecterwhore

Unread 09-05-2011, 09:07 AM   #71
Giddyup.

Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.
Graphically I've heard it really does look as good as it's made out to be, and that it's really pushing the 360 hard, and that at this stage, there are some signs that make that obvious, so it's a bit choppy at times.

M E M O I R S
Music from myself and Kurkkuviipale!
http://soundcloud.com/m-e-m-o-i-r-s

I also do graphic design, both freelance and for label Myriad Records.
Prydogga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2011, 09:13 AM   #72
-.-

Daggorath is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmel View Post
^
Oblivion and Morrowind on Xbox...
I'd totally not recommend playing these games on console. Having tried both, I can say that the experience on PC is much better.
+ the graphical mods make it look ever so pretty. Honestly, nothing will ever better Morrowind in terms of sheer immersion and detail.

Check this out:

Maniacal, BigPhi84 and ittoa666 like this.

"Imagine your eyes dancing on the notes you wanna play
and forget about whether your hands can do it or not"
- Allan Holdsworth

For Sale: Laney VH100R - 400 [UK] PM for details.
Daggorath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2011, 09:23 AM   #73
☻☺☻☼☺☻☺

danieluber1337 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daggorath View Post
+ the graphical mods make it look ever so pretty. Honestly, nothing will ever better Morrowind in terms of sheer immersion and detail.

Check this out:

That is beautiful!!

The ONLY two reason why I don't play Morrowind, though, is the fatigue and magicka systems. Fatigue plays too big of a role, and magicka doesn't come back unless you sleep or drink potions. And I refuse to use the stunted magicka birthsign.

EDIT: There are mods that try to help this, but they're either too overpowered or are glitchy. I may just have to make a fighter class.

"i think you are right - the bass seems lower than the guitars" - Jogeta

Inside Black Mesa - Progressive Metal

WIP - Would love feedback!

Multitracking Guitars - A Short Guide - by yours truly!
danieluber1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2011, 01:13 PM   #74
The Dirt Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daggorath View Post

Check this out:

Wow, someone did a whole lot of work there (or many someones). Makes me want to break that out and play it again with the mods.

Unread 09-05-2011, 03:24 PM   #75
Banned

Is there a decent mod manager for Morrowind that's like Oblivion Mod Manager? There are too many annoying things about Morrowind for me to get too in to it, but I imagine there are mods that take care of them. However, I haven't found a way to make installing Morrowind mods quick and easy like the OMM. I don't really want to have to go into the game script and insert lines of code myself.