homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming Tech support, gaming, gadgets, electronics and general computer discussion here.

Like Tree993Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-18-2011, 09:31 PM   #601
Giddyup.

Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I miss the days when a funny post got you rep.

First world problems....

On a related note, can't play the game all week because I'm going on a week long holiday to celebrate finishing school, I'm shattered.
XEN and vampiregenocide like this.

M E M O I R S
Music from myself and Kurkkuviipale!
http://soundcloud.com/m-e-m-o-i-r-s

I also do graphic design, both freelance and for label Myriad Records.
Prydogga is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 11-18-2011, 11:01 PM   #602
GHETTO KING OF SWAG

The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prydogga View Post
On a related note, can't play the game all week because I'm going on a week long holiday to celebrate finishing school, I'm shattered.
I hear you man. I'm going on a week-long vacation* to celebrate Thanksgiving* with my family.

* - The American, and thus right, translation of what you said.

I really am going back to my parent's house for a week, though. I can't bring my PS3 or Skyrim, so I'll have to deal without it. It'll be painful reading this thread, as it almost always gets me to stop dicking around on the internet and start playing the game.

If you're going to 'like' my posts, give me some rep instead.

"
i just laughed at my own reflection, not sure if ugly or drunk" -Murmel

The Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2011, 11:10 PM   #603
Some call me... Tim

Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reverend View Post
I really am going back to my parent's house for a week, though. I can't bring my PS3 or Skyrim, so I'll have to deal without it. It'll be painful reading this thread, as it almost always gets me to stop dicking around on the internet and start playing the game.
Ah, yes. Another benefit of having a gaming laptop .

"We must not indulge in unfavorable views of mankind, since by doing it we make bad men believe they are no worse than others, and we teach the good that they are good in vain." - Walter Winchell

"Progressive music used to be about thinking outside the box, but now it's just about fitting as many notes inside the box as possible, and it bores me to tears." -Sol Niger 333 [paraphrased]

"It is important to be a Jedi." - Mika
Grand Moff Tim is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2011, 11:13 PM   #604
plays in 69/42

Thrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud of
i had a moment of awe today playing skyrim. i had just finished looting a dwarven supply building and cracked some expert and mater locks to get some nice loot. when i went outside it was night time and stars were out, as i was looking at the stars the sky just lit up. like the nothern lights. it was amazing.

...Each guitarist has an evil fat 40 year old blueswankler trying to get out, If you give in to temptation you'll be sitting next to a fender playing john lee hooker while trying to keep your combover in place.

-Desecrated

being black and enjoying watermelon, i think this thread needs more watermelon.
budda
Thrashmanzac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2011, 11:17 PM   #605
Some call me... Tim

Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrashmanzac View Post
i had a moment of awe today playing skyrim. i had just finished looting a dwarven supply building and cracked some expert and mater locks to get some nice loot. when i went outside it was night time and stars were out, as i was looking at the stars the sky just lit up. like the nothern lights. it was amazing.
Did you remember to pick up as much dwarven scrap as you could carry to smelt into ingots?

"We must not indulge in unfavorable views of mankind, since by doing it we make bad men believe they are no worse than others, and we teach the good that they are good in vain." - Walter Winchell

"Progressive music used to be about thinking outside the box, but now it's just about fitting as many notes inside the box as possible, and it bores me to tears." -Sol Niger 333 [paraphrased]

Unread 11-19-2011, 12:40 AM   #606
Reggie J Worthington

Sicarius is just really niceSicarius is just really nice
I have a really bad habit of being over encumbered and end up having to drop decent 2h loot.

I really need to work on that. Just got to the Hrothgar stage, gotta go to some shrine I can't find. Then back to the Companions to get my Lyncanthropy on.

Through victory, my chains are broken.

Sicarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2011, 01:15 AM   #607
Deftones Guru.

BrainArt is a splendid one to beholdBrainArt is a splendid one to beholdBrainArt is a splendid one to beholdBrainArt is a splendid one to beholdBrainArt is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicarius View Post
I have a really bad habit of being over encumbered and end up having to drop decent 2h loot.

I really need to work on that. Just got to the Hrothgar stage, gotta go to some shrine I can't find. Then back to the Companions to get my Lyncanthropy on.
I got my Lycanthropy aaaaaages ago. Speed up, Clay!

Member of the Injustice League with Pooluke41, Jakke and -42.

I am Poi; The Ipu pounding, Ukulele shredding rapey clown, who ruins childhood dreams of balloon animals!
BrainArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2011, 01:20 AM   #608
/)'3'(\

ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vampiregenocide View Post
Any spells worth looking into? At the moment I'm just using flame on everything and it's starting to have trouble dealing with more powerful enemies. Besides, flame is a bit generic I want to try something more cool.
Chain Lightning!

Ride the wings of death!

"Seriously... You DO NOT headbang with your knees" Murmel

ittoa666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2011, 02:06 AM   #609
Giddyup.

Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reverend View Post
I hear you man. I'm going on a week-long vacation* to celebrate Thanksgiving* with my family.

* - The American, and thus right, translation of what you said.

Bah, thanksgiving is for crazy non Australians, this is simply a week of binge drinking and nothing more.

Also, Thanks for the reps. I lol'd.
theo likes this.

M E M O I R S
Music from myself and Kurkkuviipale!
http://soundcloud.com/m-e-m-o-i-r-s

I also do graphic design, both freelance and for label Myriad Records.
Prydogga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2011, 02:11 AM   #610
plays in 69/42

Thrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Moff Tim View Post
Did you remember to pick up as much dwarven scrap as you could carry to smelt into ingots?
nah that shit is too heavy, i may head back there once i buy a house so i can store my loot. also, how the hell do you even buy a house?

...Each guitarist has an evil fat 40 year old blueswankler trying to get out, If you give in to temptation you'll be sitting next to a fender playing john lee hooker while trying to keep your combover in place.

-Desecrated

budda
Unread 11-19-2011, 03:31 AM   #611
Some call me... Tim

Quote:
nah that shit is too heavy, i may head back there once i buy a house so i can store my loot. also, how the hell do you even buy a house?
Heavy loot is what followers are for . Erandur is not only my battle buddy, he's also my pack mule.

To buy a house, you have to do a favor for a jarl. Once you've done that and earned a jarl's favor, he/she will allow you to buy a house from his/her advisor. If you've done enough of the early main questline to have killed your first dragon outside of Whiterun, you're already in good enough favor with the Jarl of Whiterun to buy a house there. Luckily, it's also the cheapest house in the game at 5000 septims (up around 7000 with all the upgrades, which you don't need but make it nicer and add more storage options).

Unread 11-19-2011, 03:33 AM   #612
Some call me... Tim

Speaking of, I just bought the 25k septim house in Solitude today, and bought the ~10k septims' worth of furnishings. Shit's got three floors, and now I have my own enchanting and alchemy tables. ....in' pimp, y'all.

Oh, I also hit level 30 this evening. Woot woot.
XEN and Vinchester like this.

Unread 11-19-2011, 04:00 AM   #613
plays in 69/42

Quote:
Speaking of, I just bought the 25k septim house in Solitude today, and bought the ~10k septims' worth of furnishings. Shit's got three floors, and now I have my own enchanting and alchemy tables. ....in' pimp, y'all.

how do you have so much money?
i spend alot of mine on smithing i guess

-Desecrated

budda
Unread 11-19-2011, 04:19 AM   #614
/)'3'(\

ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.
Just found a Katatonia reference on the final thieve's guild mission.

"He also mumbled some nonsensical phrases like 'night is the new day' and how he was the 'ghost of the sun.' I have no idea what these cryptic sentiments mean, but hopefully during tomorrow's ritual, Anders and I will put everything we've learned to the test."

I love Bethesda
XEN likes this.

Ride the wings of death!

"Seriously... You DO NOT headbang with your knees" Murmel

ittoa666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2011, 05:25 AM   #615
A Chap Called Ross

vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
I know there are some pretty cool armours in this game that I was thinking of tracking down, however should I wait until a higher level? If I get them they're presumably going to be levelled to my current level, and I don't want to track down an awesome armour only to have it be useless when I level up further. The nightingale armour in particular looks badass.
vampiregenocide is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2011, 05:27 AM   #616
Some call me... Tim

Quote:
how do you have so much money?
i spend alot of mine on smithing i guess
When you get up there in level, you start finding some pretty valuable loot to hawk. I can't stress enough how important it is to get a hang of only picking up stuff with a good value-to-weight ratio. You also start getting like 1250 septims for even the smallest little bullshit side missions.

I've spent a fair bit on smithing too, but remember how I mentioned picking up dwemer scrap in the ruins? From one trip into a single ruin, I came out with enough scrap to make thirty-two dwemer ingots. Thirty-two! That was enough to make like six or seven sets of dwemer armor, and upgrade a few of them. That'll bring in a pretty penny, especially with the right smithing and speech perks.

Also, don't forget to check if you can make any jewelry the next time you're at a forge. I forgot for the longest time that I can make more than just weapons and armor, and since I was always randomly picking up gems and silver ingots (especially during the Companions/Silver Hand missions), I was pretty set once I remembered to make some. A silver ingot and a handful of gems can make a necklace that's worth 380 septims (MSRP ), even more if you find some gold.

EDIT: Hell, I'd wager the only three things I've regularly spent money on were housing, smithing, and arrows. I've picked up the random soul gem or training session here and there, but the lion's share of my money has gone to those three things.
XEN likes this.

Unread 11-19-2011, 05:29 AM   #617
Some call me... Tim

Quote:
I know there are some pretty cool armours in this game that I was thinking of tracking down, however should I wait until a higher level? If I get them they're presumably going to be levelled to my current level, and I don't want to track down an awesome armour only to have it be useless when I level up further. The nightingale armour in particular looks badass.
I think the trick would be waiting a bit to level, but not waiting too long, because eventually you'll be regularly finding randomly generated loot that's almost as good as the unique stuff. You might also end up with a pocket full of filled grand soul gems, and paired with decent enchanting skills you can make some pretty sweet stuff on your own to hold you over until you find the uber stuff.

Unread 11-19-2011, 05:41 AM   #618
A Chap Called Ross

vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
Quote:
I think the trick would be waiting a bit to level, but not waiting too long, because eventually you'll be regularly finding randomly generated loot that's almost as good as the unique stuff. You might also end up with a pocket full of filled grand soul gems, and paired with decent enchanting skills you can make some pretty sweet stuff on your own to hold you over until you find the uber stuff.
What sort of level would say it's worth waiting to before searching for these armours? I'm level 12 atm.
Unread 11-19-2011, 07:27 AM   #619
The Dirt Guy

SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:

The house in Markarth has both those, but only 1 floor, 8k . It is a sweet hosue though.

I need to buy the manor yet, spent 10k on the expert spells not long ago. I could just sell most of my treasure, but generally I just throw it all in a chest in whiterun and go adventure more Probably 30k of gold in that chest alone.

Is there a merchant like 'the creeper' in morrowind anyone has found? aka one with enough gold to sell en masse,

Guitar techs are for sissies.

Learn some damn music theory, don't complain, and you'll be a better person. -Schecterwhore

Show me a truly awesome guitar for under $1000 and I'll show you hateful lies.
SirMyghin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2011, 07:37 AM   #620
plays in 69/42

i always find shit thats worth alot (1000-2000 septims) but then when i try to sell it the bastards try to bend me over and give me less than half that

-Desecrated

budda
Unread 11-19-2011, 07:37 AM   #621
A Chap Called Ross

Urgh got my first annoying glitch. Every time I go to Solitude, this guy Jaree-Ra attacks me. He's invincible and won't stop attacking me. I tried shouting him off a cliff to an area he shouldn't be able to get back from, but he keeps getting me.
Unread 11-19-2011, 07:44 AM   #622
plays in 69/42

where is the best area to sell apparell and misc items? the vendors in windhelm and whitrun have .... all money

-Desecrated

budda
Unread 11-19-2011, 07:46 AM   #623
A Chap Called Ross

Quote:
where is the best area to sell apparell and misc items? the vendors in windhelm and whitrun have .... all money
Move between towns. When you return to the same one, they should have more money again.
Unread 11-19-2011, 07:51 AM   #624
The Dirt Guy

SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Move between towns. When you return to the same one, they should have more money again.
I think it is more a 24 hour turn over/restock.

Guitar techs are for sissies.

Learn some damn music theory, don't complain, and you'll be a better person. -Schecterwhore

Show me a truly awesome guitar for under $1000 and I'll show you hateful lies.
SirMyghin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2011, 09:36 AM   #625
plays in 69/42

just figured out how to boost my smithing skills pretty fast and cheap i got up from 72 to 82 in about half an hour.
im currently a level 26 nord, i run one handed swords/maces with a recovery spell in the other hand and heavy recovery enchanted armour.
dragons and giants are now piss easy

-Desecrated

budda