homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming Tech support, gaming, gadgets, electronics and general computer discussion here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-17-2006, 08:13 PM   #1
Aye.

Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Playstation 3

Anyone excited about this? Isn't it comming out in like, November? Im not too excited about it because of all the rumors i've heard about it and the coverage on TechTV I saw like a week ago, but I plan on buying as many of these as I can, because i expect the same thing to happen that happened with the xbox360. Wide spread shortages, and insane ebay prices.

Anyone else getting one?

POOF!
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 07-17-2006, 08:15 PM   #2
blah!

nyck is just really nicenyck is just really nice
How much will it be for all the people who preorder?

500-600 yikes. I won't be getting one, but I'd like to play it.

Last edited by nyck; 07-17-2006 at 08:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
nyck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2006, 08:28 PM   #3

Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
$500 for the 'core' system. $600 for the 'real' one.

Which means ebay ones will be $1200.
Toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2006, 08:32 PM   #4
Aye.

Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
Which is what i'll be counting on

2 credit cards, 1000 max on both, and a student line of credit. I'll be doing alot of shopping at alot of different stores

POOF!
Unread 07-18-2006, 01:47 AM   #5
SS.org Regular

goth_fiend is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
november 17 release date, expect at least a $100 deposite on preorder systems, and for all intensive purposes invest in the $600 set up for the HDMI outputs and larger harddrive (if you intend on getting the best out of the system), that being said, Im waiting for the 1st wave so to speak so I can stand back and see what needs to be improved, remember ps2 launch anybody?
goth_fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2006, 05:50 AM   #6
Be-otch

Papa Shank is just really nicePapa Shank is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I'm preparing to buy a few now that I'm back to work (). Having people desperately looking for them will make for a nice little earner.
Papa Shank is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2006, 06:16 AM   #7
ss.org Regular

Roundhouse_Kick is a glorious beacon of lightRoundhouse_Kick is a glorious beacon of lightRoundhouse_Kick is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
toooooo expensive.
Roundhouse_Kick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2006, 07:22 AM   #8
SS Contributor

No ConeSS will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I want one, but wife.com may say otherwise...
No ConeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2006, 09:26 AM   #9
SS Contributor

7StringofAblicK is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/7StringofAblicK is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/7StringofAblicK is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/7StringofAblicK is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/7StringofAblicK is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/7StringofAblicK is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/7StringofAblicK is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by No ConeSS
I want one, but wife.com may say otherwise...

lol, funny.
7StringofAblicK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2006, 10:00 AM   #10
Bite Me Fan Boy!!

Dive-Baum is a splendid one to beholdDive-Baum is a splendid one to beholdDive-Baum is a splendid one to beholdDive-Baum is a splendid one to beholdDive-Baum is a splendid one to behold
After the 360s came out, my wife got one for me on ebay for the hollidays. She got it for $450 which wasn't too bad so I wouldn't rule out all hope. The thing is, when the new decks come out there are so many on ebay that some slip through the cracks that are listed by morons that have strange end of auction times.

Original EVH 5150 Head
Marshall 4x12 Cab
Ibanez RG440
Gibson Explorer
Custom Warmoth 7
Dive-Baum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2006, 03:43 PM   #11
that guy

Dylan7620 is just really niceDylan7620 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
i hear 360 is supposed to lower their premium system to 300 bucks and release halo 3 on the same day. i wanted one real bad but sorry sony 600 bucks?!? but yea, a few pre orders at a few different stores sounds good to me

"are there gonna be snacks? i heard there were gonna be snacks."
Dylan7620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2006, 08:32 PM   #12
Divinitus Infallibilis
Site Contributor

Digital Black is pretty damn metal.Digital Black is pretty damn metal.Digital Black is pretty damn metal.Digital Black is pretty damn metal.Digital Black is pretty damn metal.Digital Black is pretty damn metal.Digital Black is pretty damn metal.Digital Black is pretty damn metal.
I get first pick if i want ( being employed at CC has it's perks).

I may just sell it on ebay-everybody else does and makes a ton of cash..

Born of Fire//--\\ Consumed by it
Divinitus Infallibilis

Digital Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2006, 11:10 PM   #13
Viking Lord

Firebeard is just really niceFirebeard is just really nice
I never get systems right after they're released. I aquire them from my friends after they break down so I spend less and I'm always behind the times to throw off that "popularity" curve. Games are always cheaper too!

Sæmunder Firebeard
Firebeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2006, 08:30 AM   #14
SS Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth000
I get first pick if i want ( being employed at CC has it's perks).

I may just sell it on ebay-everybody else does and makes a ton of cash..
When I worked at Circuit City, they said we do NOT get first picks, they go to the customer. If mgmt says you can get first picks, then , and
Unread 07-19-2006, 02:38 PM   #15
I'm your huckleberry

noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.
I always wait for a new system to be out for a half a year to a year first. Cheaper, plus all the bugs get worked out. It's not like I need the latest and greatest, because I have guitars.

Noodles
Division: American Metal without the suck.
kxksales@gmail.com
noodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2006, 10:55 PM   #16
Divinitus Infallibilis
Site Contributor

Digital Black is pretty damn metal.Digital Black is pretty damn metal.Digital Black is pretty damn metal.Digital Black is pretty damn metal.Digital Black is pretty damn metal.Digital Black is pretty damn metal.Digital Black is pretty damn metal.Digital Black is pretty damn metal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by No ConeSS
When I worked at Circuit City, they said we do NOT get first picks, they go to the customer. If mgmt says you can get first picks, then , and
I am management.!

Born of Fire//--\\ Consumed by it
Divinitus Infallibilis

Digital Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2006, 11:18 PM   #17
SS Contributor

Quote:
I am management.!
Unread 07-20-2006, 10:38 AM   #18
Fear the Polo!

Drew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
I am management.!
There is nothing quite so heartwarming as good ol' well-deserved abuse of power.

"...and everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon."

http://www.metalguitarist.org
Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2006, 11:49 AM   #19
7 String Junkie

Ibycan7 is a jewel in the rough
lol....I agree with you Drew....I'm sure Sephiroth worked his ass off to get where he is at now so why not.....
Abuse of power is great.....when you are the one with the power....

Signature Removed - Unable to load the image
Ibycan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2006, 11:54 AM   #20
Fatal Havoc

Mykie is just really niceMykie is just really nice
I don't own any systems any more, but my computer is rigged up with emulators now. Atari, SES, SNES, SEGA Genisis, PSX, N64, PS2 and so on...

6-string guitarist to a 7-string guitarist
Mykie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2006, 05:47 PM   #21
zombie

irg7620 is a jewel in the rough
oh, i love the PS3. it's got some kick ass hardware in it. i don't care about the price tag. there's always lay-away. or a credit card if i can get one. i've been with playstation since the 1st one.

We all need to be adopting green energy sources: solar, wind, alternative fuels. we only have one planet to live on.

www.sefdtufftruck.com
irg7620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2006, 05:52 PM   #22
Nick // Axe Palace

zimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 49 reviews
I'd love a PS3 and I'm positive at some point I will purchase one, but $600 is outrageous to me. I just can't see myself wanting it bad enough to fork out that kind of cash. Seeing as I have a pretty powerful video card, computer games will have to suffice for now. In all honestly I don't game that much anymore though, eventhough I'll always love it.

I also think the new systems are a waste of time if you don't have an HD-TV, which really takes advantage of it. Who cares how powerful the system if if you have to run at horrible TV resolutions? I won't be purchasing a PS3 until I get a HD-TV (unless I can run it on my 21" LCD monitor somehow).
zimbloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2006, 06:33 PM   #23
Aye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimbloth
I'd love a PS3 and I'm positive at some point I will purchase one, but $600 is outrageous to me. I just can't see myself wanting it bad enough to fork out that kind of cash. Seeing as I have a pretty powerful video card, computer games will have to suffice for now. In all honestly I don't game that much anymore though, eventhough I'll always love it.

I also think the new systems are a waste of time if you don't have an HD-TV, which really takes advantage of it. Who cares how powerful the system if if you have to run at horrible TV resolutions? I won't be purchasing a PS3 until I get a HD-TV (unless I can run it on my 21" LCD monitor somehow).
What kind of monitor do you have? (Make and model)

And if it can't run it, then try and buy a few ps3 and flip them on ebay for a 3x profit. That'll pay for an hdtv

POOF!
Unread 10-12-2006, 07:03 PM   #24
IKILLUWITHMYBALDHEAD

MetalMike is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/MetalMike is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/MetalMike is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/MetalMike is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/MetalMike is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/MetalMike is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/MetalMike is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
try and buy a few ps3 and flip them on ebay for a 3x profit.
I was thinking about doing something very similar to this with 360, but I couldn't find anyone who was serious about the whole thing and could help. I saw those things go for $1500 on Ebay. That's an incredible profit if you could get your hands on a few at a time.
MetalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2006, 07:11 PM   #25
Aye.

If I had credit cards when the 360 came out, I would have snatched up a few and flipped them. Now with the ps3, I live in such a big place, the chances of me getting even one ps3 without a preorder is slim to none.

POOF!