homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming Tech support, gaming, gadgets, electronics and general computer discussion here.

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-05-2010, 02:38 PM   #1
Ex Whiny Bitch

Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
BioShock 2

It looks like a bundle of win

The first game was a masterpiece, truly immersive gaming, bringing game development close to an artform.

I hope this can compete with the original.

What happened to Jeff? Funny how he dropped off the radar now that the entire Western world disagrees with his right wing bullshit.
Scar Symmetry is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 01-05-2010, 03:35 PM   #2
ss.org Regular

darbdavys is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
the first was absolutely stunning game, albeit the ending was stupid. let's hope this one'll be better.

The whole image is that eternal suffering awaits anyone who questions God's infinite love. That's the message we're brought up with, isn't it? Believe or die! Thank you, forgiving Lord, for all those options.
darbdavys is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2010, 03:37 PM   #3
A Chap Called Ross

vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
Looks awesome hope its good!
vampiregenocide is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2010, 05:17 PM   #4
Ex Whiny Bitch

Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.
Quote:
Originally Posted by darbdavys View Post
the first was absolutely stunning game, albeit the ending was stupid. let's hope this one'll be better.
I thought it was a sweet game through and through. The last boss was way too easy though.

What happened to Jeff? Funny how he dropped off the radar now that the entire Western world disagrees with his right wing bullshit.
Unread 01-05-2010, 06:59 PM   #5
Bollocks

Aysakh is a glorious beacon of lightAysakh is a glorious beacon of lightAysakh is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Can't wait for this to come out, even though I'm not going to be able to play it for a while T_T
Aysakh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2010, 07:17 PM   #6
Ambiente Savante

signalgrey is a name known to allsignalgrey is a name known to allsignalgrey is a name known to allsignalgrey is a name known to all
im playing through the first one again. cant wait til someone ports it onto a Mac.
signalgrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2010, 02:42 PM   #7
Ex Whiny Bitch

Thoughts?

First impressions: basically the same as 1, though it's clear they've made an effort to keep up with games like Gears of War 2.

Loving the drill, not loving how long drill fuel lasts though.

Unread 02-09-2010, 03:26 PM   #8
Ex Whiny Bitch

Just got the machine gun and upgraded my Rivet Gun, also discovered you can aim down the sight! Awesome. Also saw at the weapon upgrade station that you can upgrade the drill so that it uses less fuel, this is good news

Unread 02-09-2010, 03:29 PM   #9
Texas CEO / RHLC

st2012 is a glorious beacon of lightst2012 is a glorious beacon of lightst2012 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I have it in my car. Just have to wait to be finished with work...
st2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2010, 10:06 AM   #10
ss.org Regular

darbdavys is a jewel in the rough
Deadnightshade likes this.

The whole image is that eternal suffering awaits anyone who questions God's infinite love. That's the message we're brought up with, isn't it? Believe or die! Thank you, forgiving Lord, for all those options.
darbdavys is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2010, 11:07 AM   #11
Ex Whiny Bitch

This is SHOCKingy like the original... though I've heard it gets better.

Unread 02-10-2010, 01:28 PM   #12
SS.org Regular

Swarth is just really niceSwarth is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I just finished it. Way too short, but really fun all the way through.
Swarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2010, 06:28 AM   #13
Ex Whiny Bitch

I've got the Machine Gun fully upgraded now, and a hell of a lot of the stuff unlocked. The storyline has started getting really messed up and it's moving into full on horror gaming now rather than just horror-survival.

Unread 02-13-2010, 06:37 AM   #14
love & peace!

Cyntex is just really niceCyntex is just really nice
Just played the first few levels yesterday, the game really feels like a sequel unlike most "sequals, where they just put the number 2 after the game name. It actually feels kinda like an expansion, which I like . Got the rapture edition btw, nice little hardcover booklet with Bioshock's art and comments about the characters, weapons and so forth.

Edit: Pretty sweet wallpaper on the bioshock website

http://www.2kgames.com/cultofrapture...he_sisters.jpg

I want to get a vending machine, with fun sized candy bars, and the glass in front is a magnifying glass. You'll be mad, but it will be too late.
Cyntex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2010, 08:06 AM   #15
Ex Whiny Bitch

Got all the weapons now!

I've been getting drunk at every given opportunity

Unread 02-13-2010, 09:02 AM   #16
A Chap Called Ross

vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
I need to get this
Unread 02-13-2010, 09:37 AM   #17
Ex Whiny Bitch

It's basically what BioShock would've been like if it was a little bit cooler, it's definitely a better game, but it's essentially the same game. If you liked the 1st game then you will definitely like this, thing is, it's a bit too much like the original, it's sort of like paying twice for the same game. Worth picking up though

Unread 02-13-2010, 12:13 PM   #18
SS.org Regular

matty2fatty is just really nice

I'd have to say shredding is more than just soloing... Its taking that axe and making it your bitch - Sniper Johnny
matty2fatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2010, 12:17 PM   #19
Ex Whiny Bitch

Unread 02-13-2010, 12:55 PM   #20
Shred like a mofo

lefty robb is just really nicelefty robb is just really nice
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I heard its really good, but nothing fresh and new.
lefty robb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2010, 02:46 PM   #21
Ex Whiny Bitch

Yeah it's not an amazing game, but it is a really good game.

Graphics aren't much better than the original, and gameplay isn't that much better either. The question is: is it a better game? I'm not sure, but I don't think so given that while you can do some cooler stuff, it mostly just covers ground set by the original.

Finished it now, BioShock 3 looks set to
take place on land?

I'm going to go back on what I said earlier, I'm not sure if it is a better game than BioShock. The original was groundbreaking and a truly unbeatable horror game brought to an art form. BioShock 2 feels more like an expansion pack than anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyntex View Post
Just played the first few levels yesterday, the game really feels like a sequel unlike most "sequals, where they just put the number 2 after the game name. It actually feels kinda like an expansion, which I like .
I would disagree that it 'feels' like a sequel as it's so close in essence to the original, but yes it certainly does feel like an expansion pack. I wasn't sure which of those two you had decided on so I covered points for both

Unread 02-15-2010, 12:16 PM   #22
Ex Whiny Bitch

I think it was ....ing audacious of 2K to say that they got 2K Australia to make the game because they wanted to make something "very, very different" and then for them to produce a game that's basically exactly the same. I wonder if the name change from "Sea of Dreams" had anything to do with it...

I remember reading multiple interviews with 2K reps who said the game was going to be very different, but I think it suffered a complete revamp Splinter Cell: Conviction style. I'm certain I've got magazines lying around that featured previews of characters that were supposed to be in BioShock 2 but never featured once in the actual game. Details about the main character turned out to be false too, I remember them saying there would be full character customization RPG style.

Unread 03-02-2010, 05:56 AM   #23
A Chap Called Ross

Bump because I have just got this game been playing it for a week now, just about to finish the campaign.

Brilliant, great campaign feels different but similar to the first if you get me? Only got two small gripes; the huge amount of graphics and level sizes means theres a delay in rendering, which can be annoying sometimes. Also, the work on the bosses feels a little lazy. Some of them just look like regular splicers with a bit more health, which makes them a little disappointing, and somewhat anti-climatic. I think more work could've been put into making the bosses more unique.

Apart from that I love it, the multiplayer is cool but laggy as expected, but a fresh thing and a nice change from MW2.
Unread 03-03-2010, 07:25 PM   #24
look at each other..

Unknown Doodl3.2 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Unknown Doodl3.2 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Unknown Doodl3.2 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Unknown Doodl3.2 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Unknown Doodl3.2 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Unknown Doodl3.2 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Unknown Doodl3.2 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Huge Bioshock fan, the second one was awesome as well. only gripe: wish it was a bit longer... I think just another level would have been awesome.

The story is getting pretty thick by now though haha

Unknown Doodl3.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2010, 12:23 PM   #25
A Chap Called Ross

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Doodl3.2 View Post
Huge Bioshock fan, the second one was awesome as well. only gripe: wish it was a bit longer... I think just another level would have been awesome.

The story is getting pretty thick by now though haha
I thought it was longer and fuller than the first tbh! Bigger levels and more to explore. Endingw as awesome too, way more climatic than the first.