homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming Tech support, gaming, gadgets, electronics and general computer discussion here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-06-2009, 12:57 PM   #26
Banned

Elysian is pretty damn metal.Elysian is pretty damn metal.Elysian is pretty damn metal.Elysian is pretty damn metal.Elysian is pretty damn metal.Elysian is pretty damn metal.Elysian is pretty damn metal.Elysian is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esp Griffyn View Post
They aren't crappy cars

By crappy cars I meant stuff Im not interested in - seeing my brother do an endurance race in a VW Bora and having to look at its ugly arse for over an hour, or during an entire series of races in a Fiat 500, not for me!
You don't use cockpit view? I hate any other view now!
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 11-07-2009, 07:15 AM   #27
Giddyup.

Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I don't like cockpit view because it looks too unnatural and it gets in my way, I hate going the front bumper view because no one gets to see my awesome car except the xbox, but I use that view anyway...

I find it funny that now you can report cars, because of the obvious paint jobs that were plastered over every other Fairlady on the Auction House.

M E M O I R S
Music from myself and Kurkkuviipale!
http://soundcloud.com/m-e-m-o-i-r-s

I also do graphic design, both freelance and for label Myriad Records.
Prydogga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2009, 05:48 PM   #28
Banned

Elysian is pretty damn metal.Elysian is pretty damn metal.Elysian is pretty damn metal.Elysian is pretty damn metal.Elysian is pretty damn metal.Elysian is pretty damn metal.Elysian is pretty damn metal.Elysian is pretty damn metal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prydogga View Post
I don't like cockpit view because it looks too unnatural and it gets in my way, I hate going the front bumper view because no one gets to see my awesome car except the xbox, but I use that view anyway...

I find it funny that now you can report cars, because of the obvious paint jobs that were plastered over every other Fairlady on the Auction House.
Cockpit view looks unnatural? Makes me feel more like I'm in a car than any other view

I set up an M3 GTR this morning, tried to get as close to Laguna Seca Blue, and man, it's a blast of a car to drive. Owned a bunch of A class races with it, a lot of BMW races, etc. It's just fan....intastic. Here's an action shot. I've also got a 5 second vid I've got to convert from WMV to something that YouTube can convert, I'll post that later.

I also did up a regular E46 M3 the way I'd like my 330 to look, what do you guys think? I'm digging it, and I think I'm gonna go for it.

Unread 11-08-2009, 08:36 PM   #29
Sir Roger Moore, KBE

Bungle is a glorious beacon of lightBungle is a glorious beacon of lightBungle is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prydogga View Post
It's an awesome game, and the car detail is beautiful, but there is alot of Forza 2 still in it, alot of the sounds and the vinyls etc are the same. I still love doing great design on every car I get, every car game I've played I've made a few EVH style cars. Can't wait to buy the Reventon...
Don't buy the Reventon dude, you'll win one when you level up! I can't remember what level it is exactly, but I got one. Also, I just scored a Ferrari FXX

Bungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2009, 07:18 PM   #30
Banned

I didn't realize it went directly from A class to R class from the season perspective Nevertheless, I got my Focus RS set up for R class, it's an R706. I just owned a lot of cars that outranked me on the Sebring. Was epic.

Owned.
Unread 11-09-2009, 09:33 PM   #31
Is A Complete Idiot.

GazPots has much to be proud ofGazPots has much to be proud ofGazPots has much to be proud ofGazPots has much to be proud ofGazPots has much to be proud ofGazPots has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I just recently got the R1 Mazda that you can engine swap and downgrade to R2. Even though you give it 300 more horsepower. (it weighs more though). Also got an R1 Porsche Spyder and feck me, it sticks to the road even with the least downforce available. It can go flat out round the twin ring speedway and make it round both corners at 220mph+.

3 more levels until i hit the big 50!

http://www.youtube.com/GazPots <--- Guitar vids.

www.soundclick.com/GazTop <--- Random Guitar tunes.
GazPots is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2009, 12:52 PM   #32
ペヤングマン

Zak1233 is a glorious beacon of lightZak1233 is a glorious beacon of lightZak1233 is a glorious beacon of light
Man, I absolutely LOVE the photo mode, here's some pics I took if ya'll be interested

Forza 3 stuff - a set on Flickr
Zak1233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2009, 01:29 PM   #33
Banned

I haven't played, I got MW2, and can't stop playing it
Unread 11-16-2009, 03:01 PM   #34
Sir Roger Moore, KBE

Bungle is a glorious beacon of lightBungle is a glorious beacon of lightBungle is a glorious beacon of light
Got on XBL yesterday, uploaded some pics. Anyhoo, here we go:

Before receiving a pair of TUURRRBOS!

After receiving a pair of TUURRRBOS, she was then known as "Violent Crumble"

DORIFTOOO!

Bumblebizzle!

Unread 11-30-2009, 10:56 AM   #35
Is A Complete Idiot.

GazPots has much to be proud ofGazPots has much to be proud ofGazPots has much to be proud ofGazPots has much to be proud ofGazPots has much to be proud ofGazPots has much to be proud of
Nice Porsche at the end, what model is that? Might have to buy one. And WTF is up with the breakdancing car.

And to continue the loadsa pics theme here's a few of the more ridiculous cars i own in the game.

Firstly, my favourite car in the game, the R33 Skyline. Since Gran Turismo 1 i loved this car haha. Imagine my surprise when i saw it was in this. First car i bought in the game!

Currently maxed out at 947 bhp and tuned to drift like a badboy.

Next up is my Top Secret Supra which while it was expensive is a total madman. This thing can stick with the modded veyrons at a fraction of the cost.

Sitting at 1050 bhp and i just hit 259 on the chicaned Le Mans. I'm betting i can get it faster.

And now for a few ones i bust out online just to see what abuse people throw at me. These cars are abuse magnets. Must be all the Vin Diesel hate.

Eclipse I'm currently building so it's only a C class demon at the moment.

And my Vin Diesel RX7 Abuse special.

And to finish first a Stock car in a situation you wouldn't regularly see it.

Aswell as an EPIC skyline drift (with old paint job).

I'm off to buy more cars and tune em up.

Unread 11-30-2009, 04:57 PM   #36
Sir Roger Moore, KBE

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazPots View Post
Nice Porsche at the end, what model is that? Might have to buy one. And WTF is up with the breakdancing car.
It was a R3 Porsche GT3 that I won when I hit level 33 (specifically, the 2008 Porsche #45 Flying Lizard 911 GT3-RSR). I just gave it a lick of paint.

As for the breakdancing Skyline, that's what I like to call "Breakin' 2: Electric R32". It was on the "new" New York track, the one with the goddamn chicanes and I had a tendency to hit the ripple strips with a little too much gusto at >250km/h.

I like your R33 though dude, looks cranky with the yellow paint and all.

Oh, and the Supras tend to get cranky when you poke their eye out

Unread 11-30-2009, 05:10 PM   #37
Is A Complete Idiot.

I didn't actually notice the intake on the front lights on the Supra for a week or so.

I didn't realise there put chicanes on New York. Think i've manged to avoid that track somehow.

I've had a few races with killer curbs that flip my car. It may have been the fact my Impreza 22b weighs 2000lbs (light for a big car) and has stiff suspension. Noticed one on maple valley at the big uphill left before the over the hill right. That caught me a good many times on A class expert and made pretty much the whole lobby laugh their ass off at me as the leader of the race becomes beached and broken from 1 curb sitting on his roof in the wall.

Same with the last curb on the right on sunset peninsula as you hit the segment of bowl over the line. Managed to do a lovely barrel roll while taking first place. Suffice to say the guy also laughed his ass off as i mauled myself into a wall again and was out of the race on lap 1.

Unread 11-30-2009, 05:26 PM   #38
Sir Roger Moore, KBE

Yeah, I've rolled a few times hahaha. Funnily enough, at the chicaned New York track, the R32 Skyline rolled a lot more than when I raced the Ferrari FXX. The FXX would push off the ripple strip and into the opposite wall rather than roll... Either way, *rewind*.

As far as the maximum use of the rewind button goes, I was using the the R1 Porsche you win when you hit level 45 (2008 Porsche #7 Penske Racing RS Spyder Evo) on the Nurburgring Endurance race. It handles quite well but can get a bit taily if you're not careful and after only a lap or two I was having mad brainfarts ahahahah.

Unread 11-30-2009, 08:42 PM   #39
Is A Complete Idiot.

Was playing some drag racing there and totally owning the majority of datsuns and veyrons in the top secret supra. There are a few who have the SERIOUSLY ridiculous tunings where the datsun rockets off in 3rd gear leaving a trail of devastation behind it. Veyron is just unstoppable if you have the tuning skills.

But the second you go into anyhting that isnt those 3 you get raped.

Which is all kinds of annoyance. Still i busted out my 1000+ bhp dodge charger (s class 650 odd maxed out) and it was owning all other s class cars.
When you get a room without the datsuns or bugatti's it's a blast. However since Turn 10 ....ed up the online features (no custom public lobbies like the previous games) it's just people using the same old shit and you can't do anything about it.

What fun is there using all sorts of cars if everyone else is using the datsun/veyron with the same ultra fast tuning? It bores the shit out of me.

Unread 11-30-2009, 09:18 PM   #40
Sir Roger Moore, KBE

I'm not sure about FM3, but in FM2 I had a few cars that reached an acceleration rating of 10.0, might have a shot with those.

Off the top of my head, the Lambo Murcielago, there was a Peugeot rally hatchback thing with about 700hp, the Mitsubishi FTO with the Lancer Evo engine/4 wheel drive....

Unread 12-01-2009, 08:56 AM   #41
Is A Complete Idiot.

On the unlimited drag it's on the mile track though. So you need top end too. the datsuns, veyrons and TS supras reach 240mph or above.

So hardly any cars can stay with them never mind beat them.

I can actually beat a few veyrons in my bananaman skyline for the first half. Then they just tear me a new one as they belt up to the top end.

Unread 12-01-2009, 12:35 PM   #42
SS Contributor

wannabguitarist is a splendid one to beholdwannabguitarist is a splendid one to beholdwannabguitarist is a splendid one to beholdwannabguitarist is a splendid one to beholdwannabguitarist is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by GazPots View Post
On the unlimited drag it's on the mile track though. So you need top end too. the datsuns, veyrons and TS supras reach 240mph or above.

So hardly any cars can stay with them never mind beat them.

I can actually beat a few veyrons in my bananaman skyline for the first half. Then they just tear me a new one as they belt up to the top end.
Do they still have the Lingenfelter Corvette or the Hennessey Viper? Also what Datsun are you talking about with 240mph capabilities

I really need to get this game
wannabguitarist is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2009, 06:57 PM   #43
Is A Complete Idiot.

Both the Henessey and the Lingenfelter are not in the game at the moment (who knows about dlc in future).

And this is the horribly fast datsun i refer to.

Yep, that is the monster car that rapes EVERYTHING at drag on the 1/4 and 1/2 miles. Only the Veyron and TS Supra can beat them to my knowledge and thats's only on the mile strip.

What a ....ing joke.

Unread 12-02-2009, 12:50 AM   #44
SS Contributor

wannabguitarist is a splendid one to beholdwannabguitarist is a splendid one to beholdwannabguitarist is a splendid one to beholdwannabguitarist is a splendid one to beholdwannabguitarist is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
What.The......

I love 510's but that's ridiculous. What engine are people swapping into those?
wannabguitarist is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2009, 06:12 AM   #45
Is A Complete Idiot.

The same engine in the R34 Nurb skyline. Hits out the same as my modded r33 skyline at 987bhp but it weighs about 400lbs less and has some mad gearing you can do to it.

I might try it with my skyline but i'll still get beat.

Apparently aerodynamics don't work in forza 3 judging by the shape of that datsun.

Unread 12-03-2009, 09:53 AM   #46
Jesus Saves

philkilla is a jewel in the rough
The Datsun super car is really really really really really gay.

What a joke for turn 10 to put that in there...I'm pretty upset with the drag racing. No slicks, no burnouts.

I can't get any of my cars to hook up off the line...and I know whats what.

philkilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2009, 10:05 AM   #47
Is A Complete Idiot.

It'd be better if they factored in reaction times and restricted the drags to having no assists at all and manual with clutch it'd be better.

All you get are datsun twats with traction control on and you just cannot beat them unless you buy that rust bucket.

Unread 12-07-2009, 02:32 AM   #48
ss.org Regular

JacksonKE2Shred is just really niceJacksonKE2Shred is just really nice
I bought Forza 3 and haven't even finished 2 yet lol. best had a buy 2 get one free on all games so i grabbed it.
JacksonKE2Shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2009, 02:32 AM   #49
Is A Complete Idiot.

Forza 2 is still a great game.

The fact the R33 is in forza 3 makes it the champ though.

And here is a nice high res shot using a nifty trick i read on a forum.

Compare and contrast these two shots.

Standard res from the forza site

Higher res with trick of my 1072bhp Challenger.

If photobucket didn't make me choose dimension vs file size it'd have less noise but .... it.

Unread 12-12-2009, 05:47 PM   #50
Sir Roger Moore, KBE

New pics you ....s!

Some of you may remember Violent Crumble, my E92 M3. Here's a reminder:

And this is his big brother, Statutory Grape. He looks more purple on the telly than what he does here....

Couple of randoms...

Bumblebee!

Had a go at recreating my mates car...