homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Beginners/FAQ
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Beginners/FAQ For you new players out there. Any question is a good one, so ask away.

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Blitzie
  • 1 Post By iRaiseTheDead
  • 1 Post By JStraitiff

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-14-2012, 10:48 PM   #1
Thallmeister General

JerSim94 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Agile or Schecter or LTD?

I found an Agile Intrepid and an Agile Interceptor that I like a lot for relatively cheap. I also found a Schecter Omen Extreme 6 that I like a lot. And I also found a LTD MH-350NT that I'm in love with. I am 620 bucks from marrying it. That being said, I need some honest help. Which should I get? I want something with a damn good neck and the ability to be dropped to A# well. I'm probably gonna put a 7 string set on it and lose the high E. If anybody can give me some feedback it would be much appreciated.
JerSim94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 06-15-2012, 01:59 AM   #2
SS.org Regular

VILARIKA is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
In terms of quality, I believe the ESP LTD would be the best pick, then Schecter, then Agile. Though quality is important, it doesn't mean it will be the best guitar for you. I'd go out and try them if possible. All of these guitars have the ability to be dropped to A#, given the scale length is suited for it.

VILARIKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2012, 08:39 AM   #3
That guy...

kerska is a jewel in the rough
I have an LTD MH-350NT and I was playing it in a drop A tuning and it held up just fine. I would go with the LTD, but that's just my preference and I am pretty biased towards them lol.

I've played both Agiles and Schechters too. I've never really liked Schechter necks, and to me Agiles feel a little bit flimsy. They are all great instruments and they play really well, but to me LTDs feel the most sturdy and I've beaten the hell out of enough of em to say they're solid work horses.
kerska is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2012, 10:12 AM   #4
SS.org Regular

bouVIP is a splendid one to beholdbouVIP is a splendid one to beholdbouVIP is a splendid one to beholdbouVIP is a splendid one to beholdbouVIP is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
I have had many LTDs since I've started and none of them have every disappointed me in whatever tuning they were in and they all played smoothly too :P
bouVIP is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2012, 12:28 AM   #5
SS.org Regular

Blitzie is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Another one for the LTD. Love them.
nic0us likes this.
Blitzie is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2012, 12:10 PM   #6
SS.org Regular

BaptizedBurning will become famous soon enough
There's any LTD MH-350NT on local Craigslist for only $350 and includes a hard case...want so bad, but car tax and car repairs took that money from me. Need some quick fund raising
BaptizedBurning is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2012, 10:13 PM   #7
Banned

McBonez is just really niceMcBonez is just really nice
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Personally, I'll never own an Agile because to me, they feel like toys.

I've played many Schecters and many LTD's and have quite enjoyed them. The LTD's maybe a little over the Schecters.

At the end of the day though, you can't really base your opinion on what us internet chums have to say. The Agile might turn out to be your dream guitar, or vice versa.

Just because one person here likes/dislikes doesn't mean you won't be in absolute love with it.
McBonez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2012, 06:13 AM   #8
ss.org Regular

AxeArchangel has a spectacular aura about
I've got a Schecter Omen Extreme 6 tuned in Drop C and I love it. It's my main guitar now playing live and most importantly recording. The tone in the bridge pickup of this guitar is just incredible that's why my band chose it to record all the guitar parts (except for guitar solos/harmonies) on our upcoming EP/Album sort of thing, just be careful of those stock neck pickups cause they're a little bassy. This guitar never disappointed me in any situation. But IMO try the LTD's as well cause they are also amazing guitars (I'm gassing hard for an LTD EC - 1000 or 401 or 407 and might buy them soon). Cheers!
AxeArchangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2012, 07:24 AM   #9
ss.org Regular

M3talh3ad is on a distinguished road
I have a agile septor 727 and its my 7 string baby. I also have an esp ec-1000 fr which is my 6 string baby. They are both amazing. I would honestly prefer, personally the agile over the ltd 350. If you have $600 to spend you cant go wrong with the agiles. They play extremely well. It would make more sense to me to get a 7 instead of taking off the high E (if i read that correctly) overall though you cannot go wrong with any of the 3 choices. Ive owned several schecters also and they make some quality shit. But ive never played the omen so just check them all out before you buy. Good luck man
M3talh3ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2012, 07:26 AM   #10
Jordan

Jordan Djenital Warts will become famous soon enough
IMO Schecter have more class over the others. Without going in depth - it is down to preference...try em out in a store - buy one. Job's a good'un
Jordan Djenital Warts is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2012, 09:03 AM   #11
Ashes Of Rebirth

iRaiseTheDead is a glorious beacon of lightiRaiseTheDead is a glorious beacon of lightiRaiseTheDead is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Do you want a 7 or a 6?
You could get an Agile 7 for a relatively cheap price. Its pretty quality
M3talh3ad likes this.
iRaiseTheDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2012, 09:16 PM   #12
Barely Tolerable

Black43 is a jewel in the rough
IMO (and I may offend a lot of people), Agile guitars feel like Fisher Price childrens toys. The LTD is the pick, I've got a f-350 ATM and it's the most perfect guitar i've ever played. Schecters are decent, but it won't make you grin like the LTD will.
Black43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2012, 09:32 PM   #13
ss.org Regular

sivart is on a distinguished road
ESP LTD is what I would pick if I were you.

"I'm also very into avoiding any situation where I become known as 'the guy who can sound like other people." - Guthrie Govan
sivart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2012, 09:40 PM   #14
Melodic Mamma Jamma

JStraitiff is a jewel in the rough
I think 85% of our opinions are based on the brand that we are infatuated with. I personally have a preference for Schecter. But from the sound of it that LTD is what you're most interested in. I say you save for it.
texshred777 likes this.

JStraitiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2012, 09:45 PM   #15
SS.org Regular

7stringDemon is a glorious beacon of light7stringDemon is a glorious beacon of light7stringDemon is a glorious beacon of light
LTD dude.

Search this site by going to Google and adding site:sevenstring.org after your search!
Trans Blue/Teal Quilt Maple tops
7stringDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2012, 10:47 PM   #16
SS.org Regular

texshred777 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by JStraitiff View Post
I think 85% of our opinions are based on the brand that we are infatuated with. I personally have a preference for Schecter. But from the sound of it that LTD is what you're most interested in. I say you save for it.
Totally agree. I'm an Ibanez guy, and don't personally care for ESP/LTD but that sounds like what you want. If you've played it, and really are in love with that particular guitar save for it. You'll likely be happier.
texshred777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2012, 09:21 PM   #17
Thallmeister General

JerSim94 is on a distinguished road
Thanks!

Thanks guys for your insight on the matter. I would go with the LTD... but I am an Ibanez man at heart. And I just found an RGD321 for 500 bucks that I'm probably gonna throw some money at. Thanks again for all the recommendations though!
JerSim94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2012, 12:03 PM   #18
Schecter EX-Support

Zado is a splendid one to beholdZado is a splendid one to beholdZado is a splendid one to beholdZado is a splendid one to beholdZado is a splendid one to behold
SCHECTER BLACKJACK ATX C-1FR GUITAR QUILTED MAPLE TOP 3 TONE SATIN SUNBURST | eBay

this one Bstock with a great price imho

The guy totally unable to get good rep

And with an unlimited gassing list, but very limited cash.
Zado is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2012, 12:10 PM   #19
Dread-I Master

Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Want a funky scale length? Go Agile...

Otherwise, I'd say--after having played a good few from both camps--that the ESP and Schecter are more or less on par with each other in their low to mid range instruments and it's really going to come down to personal preference as far as feel and aesthetics.

I have owned two Agiles and couldn't be happier with them: an Intrepid 828 EB Spalt and a semicustom Pendulum Pro Dual 82728.

Konfyouzd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2012, 02:54 PM   #20
ss.org Regular

cakewalkgg will become famous soon enough
I have 2 LTDS a Shecter 7 and 2 Agiles.. In the "consumer" grade levels.. the Agiles in my opinion are superior instruments and not by a narrow margin
cakewalkgg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2012, 03:03 PM   #21
Arrogantly Average

MstrH has a spectacular aura about
Buy what you like!

Buy what makes you want to play. If its a logo on a headstock, the shape of the neck, a beautiful finish....whatever makes you want to play the crap out of the ax. Many of the guitars are made in the same factories after all. If the guitar has decent parts for a decent price and you LIKE it, then that's the guitar for you.

I hear tonewood!
MstrH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2012, 05:22 PM   #22
SS.org Regular

Wrecklyss is just really niceWrecklyss is just really nice
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MstrH View Post
Buy what makes you want to play. If its a logo on a headstock, the shape of the neck, a beautiful finish....whatever makes you want to play the crap out of the ax. Many of the guitars are made in the same factories after all. If the guitar has decent parts for a decent price and you LIKE it, then that's the guitar for you.
LTD and Schecter being an example of that. Same factory builds both. It seems the difference is LTD mainly uses EMG and Schecter tends towards Seymour Duncan, but both have guitars with either pickup in 'em. Never owned an Agile, but i think i'll have to try them out. Both Schecter and LTD are freaking awesome though.

capeterson7x@gmail.com
Custom tour ready speaker cabinets for instruments and live sound.
Authorized dealer for: Celestion, Eminence, Jensen, JBL/Selenium, Sica, Peavey, RCF, B&C, and more.
Wrecklyss is offline   Reply With Quote