homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Beginners/FAQ
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Beginners/FAQ For you new players out there. Any question is a good one, so ask away.

Like Tree27Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-24-2012, 10:11 PM   #51
Many Fingers

Valennic is a glorious beacon of lightValennic is a glorious beacon of lightValennic is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Well, considering what people have sold them for, I wouldn't pay more than 3.5k for a like new USED one. Personally anyway, that'd be my limit.

Affiliated with Ace Music of Newville, PA.

Valennic is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 04-24-2012, 10:16 PM   #52
Banned

engage757 is his own personal hero.engage757 is his own personal hero.engage757 is his own personal hero.engage757 is his own personal hero.engage757 is his own personal hero.engage757 is his own personal hero.engage757 is his own personal hero.engage757 is his own personal hero.engage757 is his own personal hero.engage757 is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
debating on buying one used or making a run at the B7 on the site. If I do that though, I have to put a BUNCH of shit up for sale and NEVER tell my fiancee.
engage757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2012, 10:22 PM   #53
Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator

MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Not very much.

Need help with setting up a trem?
Need info on your Ibby?
Live in Milwaukee? Please feel free to message me.

New Rules. Read Them.
MaxOfMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2012, 10:29 PM   #54
Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator

MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthdjentstic View Post
A perfectly fine dual rectifier with newish tubes, with two additional unused tubes thrown in for free, plus the rackmount bar thing. ALL FOR 800 but like next to no hits :|
Not sure what things are like in Canada, but I can get a practically brand new three channel Dual or Triple for under $1k delivered. The GC Used site has dozens of them for ~$1k, they'll ship it to the nearest store so you can even try it out first.

As for tubes, unless you've got it loaded with some rare NOS ones, it's not really going to help the value, especially on a tube drain like a Recto. It's like having new strings as a selling point on a guitar. Tubes can go for no reason, and who is to say they'll even survive shipping. The two additional, if they're power tubes, are practically useless since they won't be matched to a set needed to feed the tube hungry recto.

The prices on used Rectos have never been too high. For a little more you can find two channel and Racktos. If you want to get rid of it you're going to have to either take a bath on the price, trade for something closer to what you want, or ship it overseas.

Need info on your Ibby?

New Rules. Read Them.
Unread 04-24-2012, 10:33 PM   #55
Banned

engage757 is his own personal hero.engage757 is his own personal hero.engage757 is his own personal hero.engage757 is his own personal hero.engage757 is his own personal hero.engage757 is his own personal hero.engage757 is his own personal hero.engage757 is his own personal hero.engage757 is his own personal hero.engage757 is his own personal hero.
I am not selling one, just clarifying. Trying to decide if this is something I want to commit to buying. I will have to sell a ton of stuff to afford it. Not sure if it is worth selling so many to get one I have never even tried :/
Unread 04-24-2012, 10:45 PM   #56
The Abiding Dude

mhickman2 is just really nicemhickman2 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by engage757 View Post
What would you guys pay for a like new Blackmachine B6?
Depending on the hardware, anywhere from $2800 to $3600. I own one with a Schaller Hannes bridge and I regularly get offers messaged to me up to $3500. I've never even thought about selling it though. The time it took me to track one down with the specs I liked is enough to offset the desire to move it and try to obtain it later. If you have a shot at one, give it a go. It's not for everyone, but I've bonded with it the best of all the guitars I've owned so far.
themike likes this.
mhickman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2012, 03:52 AM   #57
on a tone quest

MAJ Meadows SF is just really niceMAJ Meadows SF is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhickman2 View Post
Depending on the hardware, anywhere from $2800 to $3600. I own one with a Schaller Hannes bridge and I regularly get offers messaged to me up to $3500. I've never even thought about selling it though. The time it took me to track one down with the specs I liked is enough to offset the desire to move it and try to obtain it later. If you have a shot at one, give it a go. It's not for everyone, but I've bonded with it the best of all the guitars I've owned so far.
That's how I would be. Cheers to that !
MAJ Meadows SF is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2012, 06:07 AM   #58
Electrifying

Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhickman2 View Post
For a B6? That's crazy, they were £1050 new!

And the specs don't change on the B6, Swamp ash body, hannes bridge, BKP, maple neck, rosewood board. You guys are insane!

But anyway, if that was here for sale and I had first dibs, I'd possibly throw the dude £14-1500 but only knowing I could sell it on for that. If a USAmerican was buying it, I guess they started in the UK so you'd be looking at what $2-2.5k max? The last two B6's I've seen in person had picked up an awful lot of dirt, didn't look very nice at all.

I guess you can't put a price on what you want. I was offered a B7 in 2007, used but mint, for £1650 (less than what I paid for say, my Mayones) and I went...

...nah, not fussed about 7's.

If only we could turn back time...

Got questions about anything I've said, done or do? How about pickups, tech, music production or just anything! Check here and ask away!

My project on Facebook: Rook

Click banner below to download my first E.P. for free or pay what you want:
Rook is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2012, 06:11 AM   #59
Electrifying

Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthdjentstic View Post
A perfectly fine dual rectifier with newish tubes, with two additional unused tubes thrown in for free, plus the rackmount bar thing. ALL FOR 800 but like next to no hits :|
I'd put it on ebay with international shipping to the UK. A used dual recto here would probably cost about £1150 (think that's what I got for mine) in any reasonable condition.

Your $800 plus say $100 to ship it, plus 25% duties n tax and crap, about $1200... Sounds like a hell of a deal to me.

Got questions about anything I've said, done or do? How about pickups, tech, music production or just anything! Check here and ask away!

Unread 04-25-2012, 07:22 AM   #60
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun111 View Post
For a B6? That's crazy, they were £1050 new!

And the specs don't change on the B6, Swamp ash body, hannes bridge, BKP, maple neck, rosewood board. You guys are insane!

But anyway, if that was here for sale and I had first dibs, I'd possibly throw the dude £14-1500 but only knowing I could sell it on for that. If a USAmerican was buying it, I guess they started in the UK so you'd be looking at what $2-2.5k max? The last two B6's I've seen in person had picked up an awful lot of dirt, didn't look very nice at all.

I guess you can't put a price on what you want. I was offered a B7 in 2007, used but mint, for £1650 (less than what I paid for say, my Mayones) and I went...

...nah, not fussed about 7's.

If only we could turn back time...

I was quoted at 1900GBP plus shipping for a new one when the last B6 came up for sale. :/

Waiting to talk to my two main guitar GASheads for advice, but I may go ahead and sell a BUNCH of shit and make a run at the B7 on the site. VERY conflicted about it. But I have to ask Rob and Mesh for their ultimate GAS-JUNKY opinions. It is really mainly that everything except TWO guitars that I have ever GASsed for I have gotten and played now... With the exception of two-three... A blackmachine and the Caparison Joel Stroetzel model/Capa soilwork customs. That is it! There is literally nothing left!
Unread 04-25-2012, 11:00 AM   #61
Chug Life

themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by engage757 View Post
I was quoted at 1900GBP plus shipping for a new one when the last B6 came up for sale. :/

Waiting to talk to my two main guitar GASheads for advice, but I may go ahead and sell a BUNCH of shit and make a run at the B7 on the site. VERY conflicted about it. But I have to ask Rob and Mesh for their ultimate GAS-JUNKY opinions. It is really mainly that everything except TWO guitars that I have ever GASsed for I have gotten and played now... With the exception of two-three... A blackmachine and the Caparison Joel Stroetzel model/Capa soilwork customs. That is it! There is literally nothing left!
I was hanging with KSE this weekend and Joel's sig is tasty dude - you'd love it. Its everything I like about the angelus, while being slightly different.

themike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2012, 01:00 PM   #62
Pardon my french

Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxOfMetal View Post
trade for something closer to what you want, or ship it overseas.
A note about selling overseas. A guitar or preamp, maybe even a poweramp if there is an extremely low price can be a good deal for a european guy.
A full sized amp head ? With the shipping: not a chance. Remember the shippign gets added to the value for tax % so it's a double hit.
Plus, remember the 110V/220V thingy, yes while having a cheap mesa amp is nice, having a mesa amp 90% as expÍnsive as in europe AND a mandatory transformer isn't.

TLDR: I wouldn't bother trying to sell a non boutique amp head overseas.

Quote:
Your $800 plus say $100 to ship it
100$ is what I pay to ship a guitar, I doubt an amp head will cost the same.
Andromalia is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2012, 01:19 PM   #63
Electrifying

^I think I paid about $120 for the Mesa I imported on someone's behalf, though that was from a company so it may have been subsidised.

Last guitar was about $65 but took three weeks. Most I've spent on a guitar was $110 but the guy was pushing it a bit... The amp is heavier sure but not enough to outweigh the fact that it's so much smaller I don't think.

I guess it depends on a lot.

Unread 05-03-2012, 04:14 AM   #64
Banned

Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Yeah its OK, I have a local offer and a few guys just PM'd me the other day.
Stealthdjentstic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2012, 10:44 PM   #65
..to pay the beels

skeels is shredding to new heights.skeels is shredding to new heights.skeels is shredding to new heights.skeels is shredding to new heights.skeels is shredding to new heights.skeels is shredding to new heights.skeels is shredding to new heights.
Been trying to sell my Schecter Hellraiser V7.

I keep seeing the C7s come and go and the V is very rare to find.- I also know theC7s were cheaper.

What do you think is a fair price?

I bought it new and aside from a ding on the tip of the headstock and a tiny nick on the back pf the neck it is mint.

Thanks
skeels is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2012, 07:17 PM   #66
ss.org Regular

Numax75 is on a distinguished road
ARIA Pro II FS

Somebody wants to sell me this guitar. Can You give me an idea of the price(prize) of this guitar. He says that she(it) dates 1983. It is possible? If you have the other details about this guitar... Thank you.
Sadden for my English, I am French-speaking.I send you some photos.
Thank you for your help my new friends.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1020036.JPG (100.5 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg P1020041.JPG (79.6 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg P1020044.JPG (70.8 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg P1020043.JPG (98.0 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg P1020047.JPG (103.2 KB, 11 views)
Numax75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2012, 07:23 PM   #67
ss.org Regular

ARIA Pro II FS

Still some photos.
Still thank you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1020037.JPG (80.1 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg P1020038.JPG (87.6 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg P1020039.JPG (97.4 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg P1020042.JPG (96.3 KB, 6 views)
Unread 05-09-2012, 07:31 PM   #68
ss.org Regular

ARIA Pro II FS

And still and still this one does not cross(spend)
the third attempt
Attached Images
File Type: png ariared.png (324.7 KB, 16 views)
Unread 05-14-2012, 08:12 AM   #69
ss.org Regular

Diabolical93 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Hey guys! Two guitars that I want to sell, but need your advice, need money to buy a 7-string of another SS.org user.

1. An Ibanez RG570 from -01. (Pre-prestige, MIJ). On half major ding on the body. Bought it for roughly 550$. There comes strap locks and a Levy Stretch strap with it. Think I can get more for it? Think he sold it for cheaper than what it was worth...

2. A Schecter Omen Extreme (Diamond Series, MIC). Bought it for roughly 450 $, brand new -10. No dings anywhere, bought a new bridge so itīs more quality there. Thereīs B-E-A-D-G-B on it right now.
Diabolical93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2012, 10:37 AM   #70
Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andromalia View Post
A note about selling overseas. A guitar or preamp, maybe even a poweramp if there is an extremely low price can be a good deal for a european guy.
A full sized amp head ? With the shipping: not a chance. Remember the shippign gets added to the value for tax % so it's a double hit.
Plus, remember the 110V/220V thingy, yes while having a cheap mesa amp is nice, having a mesa amp 90% as expÍnsive as in europe AND a mandatory transformer isn't.

TLDR: I wouldn't bother trying to sell a non boutique amp head overseas.

100$ is what I pay to ship a guitar, I doubt an amp head will cost the same.
Maybe to the EU it isn't as viable, but there are a few guys over on HCAF who have made a living shipping Mesa, and similar, amps to places like Russia and the smaller Southeast Asian nations.

Need info on your Ibby?

New Rules. Read Them.
Unread 05-14-2012, 10:52 AM   #71
Banned

Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
It was only like 150-200ish to ship my mesa to finland when I calculated it. Kind of absurdly cheap, I thought it would be much more.
Stealthdjentstic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2012, 10:29 PM   #72
SS.org Regular

nkri is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
What do you guys think is a good price for an Ibanez RG1451? I'm not selling it...my friend wants to buy it, but doesn't know if $450-550 is a good range for a minty used one. Thoughts?
nkri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2012, 12:16 AM   #73
EMPERORoftheUNIVERSE

K3V1N SHR3DZ is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgad0831 View Post
what could I get for this beast? its a 2000 model.

http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/7...000098copy.jpg[/URL]
a few nicks here and there, everything functions as it should.
Just haven't been able to jive with it. Small frets, neck shape is meh, Blazes BLOW....
I'd honestly rather buy an RG2127z or start a custom fund.
K3V1N SHR3DZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2012, 11:10 AM   #74
Guitarded

kn1feparty is a jewel in the rough
Is $600 a fair price for a 7421xl in good condition, with the usual exception of a few small chips in the finish and light scratches?
kn1feparty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2012, 06:01 PM   #75
ss.org Regular

Diabolical93 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I am trying to buy a RG7621 from another ss.org user..
It's in natural wood colour (black paint removed), hipshot bridgr, oiled and waxed, includes a new hardcase, Seymour Duncan PU's, including shipping from Germany to Sweden for 769Ä.
I think it's a bit overrated... Whatya think?
Diabolical93 is offline   Reply With Quote