homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Beginners/FAQ
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter
  
Beginners/FAQ For you new players out there. Any question is a good one, so ask away.

Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-28-2011, 06:43 PM   #1
SS.org Regular
 
Djenty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Waterloo,Iowa US
Posts: 100
Thanked: 0
Djenty is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
How to change the strings on an Ibanez RG120?

I know this is a nub question but I have to learn it sometime.

Can someone explain to me how to take off and restring my Ibanez RG120?

I turned the pegs to let the string come out, that's obvious, but the bridge has me confused. I have no idea what to do when it comes to taking the string out of the bridge part if anyone could help me there thanks.
Djenty is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on SevenString.org
   
Unread 06-28-2011, 07:07 PM   #2
SS.org Regular
 
Infamous Impact's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Bristow, VA
Posts: 1,230
Thanked: 6
Infamous Impact is just really niceInfamous Impact is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I'm not a tremolo person, so I may be wrong. Loosen the things at the bridge holding the strings, then push the strings out. They'll come out through the other side. Put on the new strings. Always put one wrap around the tuning peg before you actually put the string through, and put tension on it while tuning up. Always stretch new strings.

"...When they find out you have more than the standard number of strings... It's like you're the ....in' highlander or something..."
Infamous Impact is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2011, 07:17 PM   #3
SS.org Regular
 
Djenty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Waterloo,Iowa US
Posts: 100
Thanked: 0
Djenty is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous Impact View Post
I'm not a tremolo person, so I may be wrong. Loosen the things at the bridge holding the strings, then push the strings out. They'll come out through the other side. Put on the new strings. Always put one wrap around the tuning peg before you actually put the string through, and put tension on it while tuning up. Always stretch new strings.
Thanks very much I got the first string off. But i' have another obstacle.
I've been told to take the strings off one at a time, and never take them all off at once, but I have a new bridge pickup I'm putting in. WTF?
So Won't I have to take ALL my strings off to replace the bridge pickup? I'm so confused..
I have taken out the low E string so far and that's it. I scared..

Well I think I might have realized something.
Do you put the pickup in threw the back of the guitar?
At this point your probably worried of me replacing my pickups, haha don't worry my dad/gpa are doing it xD
Just need confirmation on that.
Djenty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2011, 07:24 PM   #4
Is beardless....
 
espman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Airdrie, Alberta
Posts: 2,073
Thanked: 11
espman is just really niceespman is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djenty View Post
Thanks very much I got the first string off. But i' have another obstacle.
I've been told to take the strings off one at a time, and never take them all off at once, but I have a new bridge pickup I'm putting in. WTF?
So Won't I have to take ALL my strings off to replace the bridge pickup? I'm so confused..
I have taken out the low E string so far and that's it. I scared..

Well I think I might have realized something.
Do you put the pickup in threw the back of the guitar?
At this point your probably worried of me replacing my pickups, haha don't worry my dad/gpa are doing it xD
Just need confirmation on that.
Block the trem, then take all of the strings off. The pup's are mounted from the front of the guitar, if they were rear mounted there woundn't be any tab routs

.backwards sentences say to used I .again go I there !shit Oh.

Please DO NOT start a new thread every time Rondo/Agile does something
espman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2011, 07:25 PM   #5
SS.org Regular
 
Djenty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Waterloo,Iowa US
Posts: 100
Thanked: 0
Djenty is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by espman View Post
Block the trem, then take all of the strings off. The pup's are mounted from the front of the guitar, if they were rear mounted there woundn't be any tab routs
What exactly do you mean by block the trem? What is the trem? That stupid ass black bar that I never use cuz it just knocks my guitar out of tune xD

Let me remind you im a beginner
Djenty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2011, 07:51 PM   #6
SS.org Regular
 
The Grief Hole's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Posts: 644
Thanked: 3
The Grief Hole is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
http://ibanez.s3.amazonaws.com/Cms/Bulk/TremHowTo.swf

This video is available on the how to section of the Ibanez website. Helped me when I started. The RG120 looks like it is fixed bridge with a tremolo bar (much like the Ernie Ball musicman guitar) so I don't think it will matter a jot if you take all the strings out or not. I take them all out then use the bar to raise the trem when I put a string on.
The Grief Hole is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
ibanez, rg120, strings

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:44 AM.


Our Network: PRS Guitar Forum | Luthier Forum | SG Guitar Forum | Les Paul Forum | Marshall Amp Forum | Acoustic Guitar Forum

SS.org proudly supports St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

Copyright © 2004-2014, SevenString.org. All Rights Reserved.