homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Beginners/FAQ
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Beginners/FAQ For you new players out there. Any question is a good one, so ask away.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-08-2011, 03:57 PM   #1
ss.org Regular

Viko Rain is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Unhappy I NEED HELP WITH RACK GEAR

Hello everyone, I just switched from a Mesa boogie triple rec. and a shit load of boss pedal effects to rack mount set up..which is to say the least is overwhelming I went out and bought myself a (Marshall Jmp1, a Mesa boogie 500 strategy, Gmajor 2 and a roland fc 300...I have had the gear for 4 days now and been in the studio trying to follow the manuals and I'm just completely lost, I finally got the Power amp and the jmp1 working together and now I have everything plugged in, but the tone has changed now that the Gmajor 2 is linked, I could control the channels of the gmajor 2 with the roland foot switch but can't control the channels on the marshall with the roland foot switch, and the sound is just not the same at all now that he Gmajor is in the mix, Im not sure where to go from here I feel as though I need some sort of crash course to actually get the best out of the gear I got ...please help ...I have to be in studio rehearsing and this is eating away at rehearsal time and also recording time...anyone up to help me out ...I cant explain how appreciative I will be
thank you so much
VIko
Viko Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 05-09-2011, 06:41 AM   #2
ss.org Regular

thesimo is just really nicethesimo is just really nice
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
if you want to control 2 devices with the same midi message, you need to have it go into the first device's input, out its THRU socket, and into the next device, forming an IN-THRU-IN-THRU chain. Then its just a matter of having them all sharing the same midi channel. Once thats done you can send midi patch change Y on midi channel X and they will all load patch Y
thesimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2011, 03:34 PM   #3
Blood_Lust:Unlimited

op1e is a jewel in the rough
Ya, always run your foot controller into your preamp first, in case there's any patch lag between your fx unit and it. Make sure the FC 300, JMP, and Gmajor are all on the same midi channel (channel 1 for instance).

FC300 - midi in of Marshall
midi out/thru - Gmajor
left/right out of marshall - left/right in of Gmajor
left/right out of Gmajor to left/right in of power amp

You probly already know the last part, but just makin sure you're not running the FX unit before the preamp.

Help!!! All guitars stolen. Pics and serial numbers here;
http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/mem...s-guitars.html

Like my band! BLu
op1e is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2011, 02:20 PM   #4
ss.org Regular

Viko Rain is on a distinguished road
Hey guys I appreciate the feed back, I have plugged it all up like that ...now Im just having a hard time getting the sound from the gmajor 2, I got a great tone from the Marshal and the Mesa , but Im not getting the effect sounds from the TC...I'm also using the speaker emulator to go into the balanced input of the TC...anyone interesetd in corresponding by emails, It would be great help and truly appreciated
my email is viko.rain@yahoo.com
thank you guys again I appreciate it
Viko Rain is offline   Reply With Quote