homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Bass Guitar Discussion
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Bass Guitar Discussion All bass guitar related discussion here.

Like Tree55Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-09-2013, 10:42 AM   #1
SS.org Regular

jeleopard is just really nicejeleopard is just really nice
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
And now Nolly with a signature?

https://www.facebook.com/adam.getgoo...00531675561945

Yesterday, Nolly posted a (GORGEOUS) prototype Dingwall and said "keep your eyes peeled at NAMM"

Just now, he posted, via ask.fm, in response to someone asking "what was the deal with" with the bass he posted.

"I don't want to give too much away at this point, but suffice to say it's an instrument aimed specifically at the progressive player who wants to tune low and still have an aggressive, tight and clear sound. It's a prototype, so bear in mind not all features are there yet ... all will be revealed at NAMM in January!"

Hm....

Needless to say, if this IS true, congrats to him!

Even if it's not, that's a sexually attractive bass.

https://soundcloud.com/jarrett-lewis

Songs go there sometimes maybe.

jeleopard is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 10-09-2013, 10:48 AM   #2
ss.org Regular

McCalister9999 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Unf, I'm only afraid of the price tag that will accompany that beast.
McCalister9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2013, 10:58 AM   #3
Banned

Forkface is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCalister9999 View Post
Unf, I'm only afraid of the price tag that will accompany that beast.
Price shouldn't be far off from the Combustion? (still, lotta moneyz ) but I don't think it'll be THAAT expensive...
Forkface is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2013, 11:07 AM   #4
SS.org Regular

MrYakob is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forkface View Post
Price shouldn't be far off from the Combustion? (still, lotta moneyz ) but I don't think it'll be THAAT expensive...
From what I understand, the combustion is the only "cheap" option from Dingwall and most of the custom instruments they offer are very much in the higher price range.
iron blast and jeleopard like this.
MrYakob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2013, 11:08 AM   #5
Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator

MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forkface View Post
Price shouldn't be far off from the Combustion?
If its an import, like the Combustion, then it'll probably similarly affordable, but if this a USA model, it'll probably be somewhere over $3k.
Bigfan likes this.

Need help with setting up a trem?
Need info on your Ibby?
Live in Milwaukee? Please feel free to message me.

New Rules. Read Them.
MaxOfMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2013, 11:10 AM   #6

-Nolly- can play Erotomania with his toes.-Nolly- can play Erotomania with his toes.-Nolly- can play Erotomania with his toes.-Nolly- can play Erotomania with his toes.-Nolly- can play Erotomania with his toes.-Nolly- can play Erotomania with his toes.-Nolly- can play Erotomania with his toes.-Nolly- can play Erotomania with his toes.-Nolly- can play Erotomania with his toes.-Nolly- can play Erotomania with his toes.-Nolly- can play Erotomania with his toes.-Nolly- can play Erotomania with his toes.-Nolly- can play Erotomania with his toes.
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Expect something not too far off the Combustion, pricepoint-wise
-Nolly- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2013, 11:21 AM   #7
SS.org Regular

jeleopard is just really nicejeleopard is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Nolly- View Post
Eeeeee <3 Nolly noticed my thread

But neato. A Combustion isn't... TOO hard, price point wise.... Been looking for a good bass for some time. Might be time to save up!
Chuck likes this.

https://soundcloud.com/jarrett-lewis

Songs go there sometimes maybe.

jeleopard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2013, 11:40 AM   #8
Power Metal Cellist

TemjinStrife is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/TemjinStrife is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/TemjinStrife is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/TemjinStrife is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/TemjinStrife is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/TemjinStrife is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/TemjinStrife is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxOfMetal View Post
If its an import, like the Combustion, then it'll probably similarly affordable, but if this a USA model, it'll probably be somewhere over $3k.
Canadian model, not USA

Looks like a yellow Combustion with modified pickup location and a 3-band preamp.
TemjinStrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2013, 11:58 AM   #9
Dingwall ABZ Player

TheEmptyCell is on a distinguished road
Definitely looks like a slightly modified Combustion, but with the Z2 and Leland Sklar series Musicman type pickup location.

Very cool to see Dingwall coming out with lots of new things lately. Especially the ABXXX (3-pickup varieties).
TheEmptyCell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2013, 12:02 PM   #10
ss.org Regular

McCalister9999 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Well I'm sold. This is exactly what I've been looking for, and now I won't have to sell a kidney.
McCalister9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2013, 12:44 PM   #11
Sir Paul of the Mosh

drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Might have to sell my combustion if this will be as good as it looks
drmosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2013, 07:48 PM   #12
Tears Are My Bidet

HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.
Quote:
HeHasTheJazzHands is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2013, 07:58 PM   #13
SSBRO.org Regular

Pezshreds is just really nicePezshreds is just really nice
Is it going to come in a left handed model nolly?

Confucious say man who drop watch in toilet have shitty time

My Band
www.facebook.com/OrchestratingTheDamned

My Studio Page
www.facebook.com/APStudiosMelb

My First Bass Mod
http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/bas...preciated.html
Pezshreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2013, 04:23 AM   #14
Lifted By Skin

Mwoit is a name known to allMwoit is a name known to allMwoit is a name known to allMwoit is a name known to all
That looks pretty damn cool. I wonder what the full spec list is.

What is Periphery's current bass rig set up? Is it still Axe FX-2 into monitors or something?
Mwoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2013, 04:52 AM   #15
SS.org Regular

morethan6 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwoit View Post
That looks pretty damn cool. I wonder what the full spec list is.

What is Periphery's current bass rig set up? Is it still Axe FX-2 into monitors or something?
He uses the Axe FX 2 running a tone-match patch of the Darkglass B7K into an Ampeg. Used to be direct into the board but I think I saw something about him using 6x10 cabs and matrix Power amps...
morethan6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2013, 05:57 AM   #16
SS.org Regular

ixlramp has much to be proud ofixlramp has much to be proud ofixlramp has much to be proud ofixlramp has much to be proud ofixlramp has much to be proud ofixlramp has much to be proud of
Gorgeous and i love that pickup placement.
ixlramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2013, 06:30 AM   #17
Sir Paul of the Mosh

drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Quote:
Originally Posted by morethan6 View Post
He uses the Axe FX 2 running a tone-match patch of the Darkglass B7K into an Ampeg. Used to be direct into the board but I think I saw something about him using 6x10 cabs and matrix Power amps...
Yeah, he uses the darkglass->axefx2->matrix->zilla 6x10 now
Unread 10-10-2013, 11:34 AM   #18
Dingwall ABZ Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezshreds View Post
Is it going to come in a left handed model nolly?
Dingwall doesn't do any lefty models. Lots of people are upset by this but I think I've read that part of the issues is not only the time it would take to program all the CNC machines to build lefty parts, but that they also do not have any lefty builders/ techs, so final setup would be difficult.

Lefty's are on Dingwall's list of inevitables.
Unread 10-11-2013, 03:00 PM   #19
im here to party

GenghisCoyne is a jewel in the rough
its cool dingwall is adding more stuff to their import line. still waiting on that 6 though.

there is no such thing as a bad drug. or a good drug. they dont have moral qualities. human beings have moral qualities.
GenghisCoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2013, 03:42 PM   #20
Power Metal Cellist

TemjinStrife is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/TemjinStrife is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/TemjinStrife is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/TemjinStrife is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/TemjinStrife is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/TemjinStrife is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/TemjinStrife is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenghisCoyne View Post
its cool dingwall is adding more stuff to their import line. still waiting on that 6 though.
I wouldn't hold your breath on a 6-string Combustion, as Dingwall sells a much, much smaller number of 6-strings compared to 5s, and the Combustion series is only profitable in large numbers due to economies of scale.

My prediction is that you'll be able to save for a 6-string ABZ or ABI well before a 6-string Combustion is even announced, let alone in production. Plus, the ABs really are a HUGE step up from the Combustions, in my experience and opinion.
Unread 10-11-2013, 09:35 PM   #21
im here to party

GenghisCoyne is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by TemjinStrife View Post
I wouldn't hold your breath on a 6-string Combustion, as Dingwall sells a much, much smaller number of 6-strings compared to 5s, and the Combustion series is only profitable in large numbers due to economies of scale.

My prediction is that you'll be able to save for a 6-string ABZ or ABI well before a 6-string Combustion is even announced, let alone in production. Plus, the ABs really are a HUGE step up from the Combustions, in my experience and opinion.
at the several thousand dollar mark id more than likely get a warwick anyway. i don't really have any interest in playing much lower than B and 34 can do that very well with the right strings. fanned frets are something id (and id think others would) like to try but i don't make enough money to spend all that on something im not certain ill even get along with. you really think the market for a 6 is that much smaller than 5? id bet a sizable portion of combustion 5 owners would have gotten a 6 if they could have.

there is no such thing as a bad drug. or a good drug. they dont have moral qualities. human beings have moral qualities.
GenghisCoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2013, 03:38 PM   #22
Power Metal Cellist

Keep in mind an ABZ 6-string is just above $2k, and I'd much rather have that than a Warwick (personal preference.)
Unread 10-12-2013, 05:38 PM   #23
Dingwall ABZ Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenghisCoyne View Post
at the several thousand dollar mark id more than likely get a warwick anyway. i don't really have any interest in playing much lower than B and 34 can do that very well with the right strings. fanned frets are something id (and id think others would) like to try but i don't make enough money to spend all that on something im not certain ill even get along with. you really think the market for a 6 is that much smaller than 5? id bet a sizable portion of combustion 5 owners would have gotten a 6 if they could have.
You would lose that bet.

Fanned frets are not a big deal. And a Warwick's low B will never rival the clarity and evenness of tone that a Dingwall can produce.
Unread 10-12-2013, 06:59 PM   #24
Sir Paul of the Mosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmptyCell View Post
You would lose that bet.

Fanned frets are not a big deal. And a Warwick's low B will never rival the clarity and evenness of tone that a Dingwall can produce.
i would agree, the 5 string market is a bigger one
Unread 10-12-2013, 09:02 PM   #25
Power Metal Cellist

Keep in mind, Dingwall's AB and Z series basses come in four- to six-string versions, so they have access to sales data including the demand for various numbers of strings. If the 6-strings were more popular than the 5s, they'd know and would probably have introduced the Combustions as 6ers.

However, the number of 5s they sell VASTLY outweighs the number of 6s, to the point where finding a Dingwall 6er for sale, used or new, is quite difficult.