homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Bass Guitar Discussion
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Bass Guitar Discussion All bass guitar related discussion here.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Nagash
  • 1 Post By Vostre Roy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-10-2012, 11:54 AM   #1
Disciple of Djod

Vostre Roy is a name known to allVostre Roy is a name known to allVostre Roy is a name known to allVostre Roy is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
NBD - Ibanez SR305

Sup folks,

So I recently decided to get myself a bass. Why? Because, thats why. Seriously though, I like to experiment with differents instrument. I play with my viola once in a while for example. As I've barely never played a bass, I thought that it would be nice to at least know the basics, so I looked for a good/cheap bass. I looked at different makers on different sites and I went down to buy my first thing ever on ebay. Yup, first ever. Was about time lol.

Anyway, I decided to go with the Ibanez. Its a b-stock has it havec some cosmetic issues. The seller said in the auction that "it was impossible to show it via pictures". I gotta call bullshit here, as I saw it on first glance and, as you'll see in picture below, its easy to get on picture. It has a disclaimer on the website telling that they might have several similar items and that the photo could be showing another bass. But as it doesn't affect playability and that I don't really give a .... about that, I will give him positive feedback once I'll have played it plugged in something. All I have right now is a cab (NfoBCD - Here comes the "Big Bertha"), I'll check for an head with tax return.

Enough words, here are the pictures

Da box

I opened it upside-down...

Ta-da!

I like taking picture of that view

Picture of the body

Reason why its a B-stock: The strip on the right is really pale on a good section of the neck. It is not a light effect here, as I said, its pretty easy to picture lol. See the difference, 1st is the actual bass, 2nd is the picture from the auction:

And the "S" engraved so this guitar is known as a deffective one. But like I said, I can live with cosmetic issues

Cheers!
- Y.V.Roy

"Solid-state - A component that has been specifically designed to make a guitar amplifier sound bad. Compared to tubes, these devices can have a very long lifespan, which guarantees that your amplifier will retain it's thin, lifeless, and buzzy sound for a long time to come."

ABSURD APOSTLE OF DJOD
Vostre Roy is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 04-10-2012, 12:12 PM   #2
Dread-I Master

Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Had one... Loved it! Only problem I had with mine is one of my saddles seemed determined to lower itself at random. Other than that I thought it was a really cool bass. I got the silver one.

Konfyouzd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2012, 01:18 PM   #3
doesn't like things

Nagash is just really niceNagash is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SR's are very good basses, you should have some fun with it

sexy stuff
Konfyouzd likes this.
Nagash is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2012, 01:21 PM   #4
Disciple of Djod

Vostre Roy is a name known to allVostre Roy is a name known to allVostre Roy is a name known to allVostre Roy is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagash View Post
sexy stuff

I know right

Oh, you're talking about the bass. Yeah well, its also true

"Solid-state - A component that has been specifically designed to make a guitar amplifier sound bad. Compared to tubes, these devices can have a very long lifespan, which guarantees that your amplifier will retain it's thin, lifeless, and buzzy sound for a long time to come."

ABSURD APOSTLE OF DJOD
Unread 04-10-2012, 02:24 PM   #5
Bring the gain

MikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himself
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
I might have to snag one of these soon, as I'm in need of a nice 5.

Also, total bullshit on him not being able to "capture it very well".

Lethal Force Fitness: Hardcore fitness for hardcore musicians.
KEEP IT GRIM IN THE GYM
MikeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2012, 03:00 PM   #6
Disciple of Djod

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeH View Post
I might have to snag one of these soon, as I'm in need of a nice 5.

Also, total bullshit on him not being able to "capture it very well".
I'll try it tonight, I'll do a little review after a while of playing.

And just for the lols, here is the exact quote from the auction:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seller
This Guitar is a NEW Factory 2nd ( sold as used ) and has small finish flaws only ( to small to photo )
MikeH likes this.

ABSURD APOSTLE OF DJOD
Unread 04-10-2012, 03:21 PM   #7
I like to play

mustache79 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konfyouzd View Post
Had one... Loved it! Only problem I had with mine is one of my saddles seemed determined to lower itself at random. Other than that I thought it was a really cool bass. I got the silver one.
Had one with the same issue. I put a piece of foam under the saddles and cured it. The problem is the bridge rattles so much.
mustache79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2012, 03:27 PM   #8
Powermetalbassist

Powermetalbass will become famous soon enough
I would have went with a 405/505 or higher. Your gonna play it love it, and then want to pick up a better version very quickly.
Powermetalbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2012, 03:34 PM   #9
Disciple of Djod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powermetalbass View Post
I would have went with a 405/505 or higher. Your gonna play it love it, and then want to pick up a better version very quickly.
Seeing how much of a gear junkie I am, it will probably happen. But as it was a first bass ever, I decided to go with a 300$ budget and stick with it. At least, it will tell me either if I like or not playing the bass.

ABSURD APOSTLE OF DJOD