homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Bass Guitar Discussion
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Bass Guitar Discussion All bass guitar related discussion here.

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By MetalDaze
  • 2 Post By GenghisCoyne
  • 1 Post By MetalDaze
  • 1 Post By technomancer
  • 1 Post By anne
  • 1 Post By thrsher
  • 1 Post By zappatton2

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-07-2012, 05:22 PM   #1
mids are overrated

MetalDaze is shredding to new heights.MetalDaze is shredding to new heights.MetalDaze is shredding to new heights.MetalDaze is shredding to new heights.MetalDaze is shredding to new heights.MetalDaze is shredding to new heights.MetalDaze is shredding to new heights.MetalDaze is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
KxK Custom Bass

1st post in the bass section so go easy Hopefully not a repost.

AxeHappy likes this.
MetalDaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 03-07-2012, 05:42 PM   #2
im here to party

GenghisCoyne is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Although I would not order your bass, I'll defend to the death your right to order it sir.
thrsher and Cad P Crayon like this.
GenghisCoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2012, 05:47 PM   #3
Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator

technomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
It's definitely worth noting that that is NOT a KxK design, it was a complete one-off custom that a guy ordered and then abandoned when it was completed.

Did you buy it or just posting the pics?

Incoming
It's a surprise

Site Rules. Read Them.
technomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2012, 05:59 PM   #4
mids are overrated

MetalDaze is shredding to new heights.MetalDaze is shredding to new heights.MetalDaze is shredding to new heights.MetalDaze is shredding to new heights.MetalDaze is shredding to new heights.MetalDaze is shredding to new heights.MetalDaze is shredding to new heights.MetalDaze is shredding to new heights.
Just posting pics

I thought I'd check out the KxK in stock page and saw it. I actually like crazy shapes like that....although that one screams Moser.

I would rock it, if it was lefty and had more, thinner strings
TRENCHLORD likes this.
Unread 03-08-2012, 08:50 PM   #5
Pardon my french

Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Making a case for that thing must have deforested a good square of Amazonia.
Andromalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2012, 08:52 PM   #6
Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator

MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews

Just not my thing.

Need help with setting up a trem?
Need info on your Ibby?
Live in Milwaukee? Please feel free to message me.

New Rules. Read Them.
MaxOfMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2012, 09:04 PM   #7
Banned

MTech is a glorious beacon of lightMTech is a glorious beacon of lightMTech is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
So it's a Hybrid KxK Vixen/Devastator Bass. O_o
MTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2012, 11:35 PM   #8
ss.org Regular

Cad P Crayon is on a distinguished road
That actually looks quite nice. Maybe a bit of a pain to store and carry, but awesome. What are the specs?
Cad P Crayon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2012, 11:47 PM   #9
elq
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

elq is the epitome of metal.elq is the epitome of metal.elq is the epitome of metal.elq is the epitome of metal.elq is the epitome of metal.elq is the epitome of metal.elq is the epitome of metal.elq is the epitome of metal.elq is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Not really my style

Last edited by elq; 03-09-2012 at 12:13 AM. Reason: DBag edited his post, so I edited mine
elq is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2012, 08:13 AM   #10
Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator

technomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTech View Post
So it's a Hybrid KxK Vixen/Devastator Bass. O_o
It's a customer provided design It's also ugly as hell and Rob hates it

On the bright side after several years the original customer finally ponied up the cash to buy the completed guitar so it is also GONE and another one will never be built
mphsc likes this.

Incoming
It's a surprise

Site Rules. Read Them.
Unread 03-09-2012, 09:03 AM   #11
No privacy hedge.

anne is just really niceanne is just really nice
That's the hard part about running a creative business... Your customers will eventually ask for a turd, and you gotta put your name on it after making it the best possible turd. :3
mphsc likes this.
anne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2012, 09:22 AM   #12
lover of fine woods

mphsc is a splendid one to beholdmphsc is a splendid one to beholdmphsc is a splendid one to beholdmphsc is a splendid one to beholdmphsc is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by anne View Post
That's the hard part about running a creative business... Your customers will eventually ask for a turd, and you gotta put your name on it after making it the best possible turd. :3
mphsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2012, 09:30 AM   #13
Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by anne View Post
Yeah there was apparently a long drawn out period of begging before Rob finally gave in and built it for the guy

Incoming
It's a surprise

Site Rules. Read Them.
Unread 03-09-2012, 09:35 AM   #14
I LIKE JUICE!!!

TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
It's not the most attractive bass I've ever seen, but I'm sure it's deceptive in how awesome it sounds and plays.

"Tom, you're like 1 part a serious dork, and 2 parts the most awesome ....ing guy ever." -
TomAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2012, 10:22 AM   #15
mids are overrated

Google is amazing. Here is an in progress pic:

Unread 03-09-2012, 10:32 AM   #16
\m/-_-\m/

thrsher is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/thrsher is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/thrsher is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/thrsher is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/thrsher is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/thrsher is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/thrsher is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
I think it looks sick natural....i would have considered the purchasing of it if it were a 5 string
iron blast likes this.

HEISENBERG- Long Island DeathSlam www.facebook.com/heisenbergny
Our debut record is available now!www.heisenbergny.bandcamp.com
thrsher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2012, 11:18 AM   #17
SS.org Regular

zappatton2 is a jewel in the rough
I quite like the design! Maybe not as much as a Rico Jr. Vixen, which it seems to have drawn inspiration from. But I like it. Unique shapes and evil points are always winners in my books.
MetalDaze likes this.
zappatton2 is offline   Reply With Quote