View Single Post
Unread 04-15-2008, 04:47 AM   #9
Durero
prototyping...

Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElRay View Post
I don't know. I don't play touch-style. I like playing with a full five-finger "classical" right hand. I also like pull-offs to open strings (the biggest disadvantage of the All-Major-3rds tuning -- only three open notes).
Ah yeah I can see how the single-string capos would be particularly valuable to you then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElRay View Post
Oh, not to steal your thunder, but I found this while digging around on YouTube looking for more of your shows. Gamelan Ska/Big-Band with some Grateful-Dead Dancers?
That was great! I've seen that name - Gamelan X - before but never seen or heard them perform. That some really fun fusion!

As an example of traditional Balinese gamelan, these folks - Cudamani - are imo the best balinese gamelan group in the world. This is the level that we aspire to here in Vancouver, but will never reach...
Durero is offline   Reply With Quote