View Single Post
Old 04-09-2008, 07:35 AM   #2
s l e l f
biggness's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Sulphur, LA
Posts: 928
Thanked: 52
Originally Posted by mindstorm View Post
Ok, so I've been looking at little valve combos lately. Something that works well in the house at low levels, but that I can crank at band practice and gigs. I was wondering, if the amp has an effects loop with level control, could I put a patch cable in the effects loop, and use the mix control as a sort of master volume?
Yeah man, you can do that. I had a friend that used to run a volume pedal in the loop also. Which in principle, is about the same thing. My question though is do the amps that you are looking at have a pre and post gain? If so then it is not necessary to use the mix control as your volume, unless you have some weird hidden reason as to why you would want to do that.

| Axe-Fx Ultra > Fryette 2/90/2 > Mesa Recto 4x12 |
-------------Various Ibanez Shredders-------------
My son, if sinners entice thee, consent thou not...
biggness is offline   Reply With Quote