View Single Post
Unread 02-26-2008, 04:02 PM   #502
darren
Decibel Guitars

darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.
You could just head over to EMG and pick up any of their active tone modules and you're good to go. I'd be tempted to even get a BQC, which is designed for bass, but has active treble and bass, plus a sweepable midrange control. I was thinking this might be a good way to extract maximum tone for such a unique instrument.

I went back to the beginning of this thread (October 2006!) to track the evolution of the ideas and feedback, and a few things struck me as funny:

I initially proposed a 28.625" scale length, and immediately, most of the feedback was, "Make the scale length 27" or less and i'm in."

Then we dabbled around a bit with the idea of fanned frets, but i think the upshot was that it just wasn't practical at the price point we're looking at. There'd be just too much manual labour involved.

So we reverted to a straight scale, and now everyone wants it to be 28", or back to the original idea of 28.625" or even 30". There's just no pleasing you guys sometimes!

Just to recap the evolution:

October 4, 2006

October 5, 2006

December 19, 2006

February 25, 2008

You know, as much as i think the earlier, more exotic versions are cool, i'm really digging the more utilitarian, "workmanlike" nature of the latest mockup.
darren is online now   Reply With Quote