View Single Post
Unread 01-01-2008, 11:19 PM   #30
JBroll
Hard-On For Freedom™

JBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himself
If everything is balanced right chords can be used, but it takes a little tweaking and the right strings.

It's not like more 'normal' tunings, where you can get away with big variances in string tension... things have to be really close. And the playing technique changes, because you have to hit the lower strings harder to get them really standing out. When I was recording that clip I had to turn the volume on my amp up quite a bit because you could hear the strings clicking acoustically through the mic. It had to go from a shout to drowning out an ambulance.

Jeff
JBroll is offline   Reply With Quote