View Single Post
Unread 12-28-2007, 01:06 PM   #18
Variant
Banned

Variant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himself
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
The pickup placement on the SC kills it for me. :\
I agree with Chris here, I fail to understand why (despite it being a singnature model) the flagship ESP seven continues to use a pickup configuration that pretty much no one else in the world besides Stef likes... or why there are five different models, yet none with a trem. A passive pup option couldn't hurt either.

Personally, the 27" scale is a big plus, but I could pass on the mahogony, and ESP's neck profiles don't make my hands happy. They're not bad, I just prefer the thinner necks of the Ibanez and Jackson relm. My suggestion: Track down a 1077XL: Real trem, more flexible sound, 27" as well, Prestige build quality, simply the best production seven out there... better than the UV IMHO.
Variant is offline   Reply With Quote