View Single Post
Unread 08-26-2007, 12:50 PM   #1
MetalMike
IKILLUWITHMYBALDHEAD

MetalMike is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/MetalMike is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/MetalMike is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/MetalMike is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/MetalMike is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/MetalMike is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/MetalMike is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Dream Theater Comes to New York

I just came home from the Dream Theater show at Jones Beach in Long Island. Their performance were nothing short of amazing.

1. Constant Motion
2. Strange Deja Vu
3. Take The Time
4. Blind Faith
5. Surrounded 2007
6. Dark Eternal Night
7. Keyboard Solo
8. Lines In the Sand ( Vince)
9. In the Presence of Enemies

Encore:

A combination or medley of Trial of Tears, Finally Free, Learning to Live, In the Name of God, and Octavarium

They were just great. Much like Octavarium, I can appreciate Systematic Chaos alot more, now that I've seen most of the songs live. The crowd was really into the music. When DT comes to NY, it feels like you're a member of a gigantic family. It's like a completely different atmosphere because you can feel that they're coming home and almost want to impress you. I know it sounds cheesy, but it's almost like an emotional experience. The highlight of my night was either Strange Deja Vu or Take the Time, although I loved Dark Eternal Night without the vocal distortion.

Random Thoughts:

JP played better than he did at the Radio City Show, sporting his new EBFR F-1 7 with a tobacco burst quilt top. He completely nailed the unison at the end of Blind Faith, which he has had trouble with in the past. I guess it's fair to say he's on the top of his game right now. His tone was great. I'm almost sure he used both the RK and MKIV I can honestly say that for the first time, JR was not completely annoying during his solo and keytar bits. His volume was lowered considerably because the last time they played Jones Beach, his volume was WAY to high and it was ear piercing, even in the mezzanine. MP always delivers. I love John Myung's new EB bass. It looks sick under the lights. James Labrie was the man of the hour. (well, 2 hours )
He's very comfortable with the new material. His overall performance was great. MP concluded the show with his cliche, "There's no place like home", speech while they took a bow. I've seen Dream Theater many times. This show was up there as one of the best.

I ran to to the mixer to get a setlist and was stopped by a security guard who was about to yell at me. I told him that I was just going to go ask for a setlist and he instantly became nice and told me he was sorry that the set list had already been taken. . I'll get one next time, I suppose.
MetalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by: