View Single Post
Unread 08-22-2007, 03:39 PM   #1
noodles
I'm your huckleberry

noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.
Who is almost completely satisfied with their rig?

My buddy Todd (siggy14) dropped off his Mark IV halfstack this weekend for me to play around with, specifically to flog at loud volume at band practice. Now, keep in mind that this is an amp that I've gasing over for a really, really long time.

Well, it left me wanting. The cleans were better than standard Recto fair, but I don't think they were any better than those on my Roadster. The rhythm channel sounded like a more primitive version of Ch2/Brit on my Roadster. Sure, the lead sound was amazing, but I could almost nail it with Ch3/Vintage. Of course, a Mark can't touch a Recto for brutal rhythm assault. I really can't see any logical reason to own one of these amps.

I've been finding this a lot lately. The more I play other amps, many with great reputations, the more I find that they just don't hold up. I've played an Engl Powerball and Fireball; a Marshall JCM800 and JVM; a VHT Pitbull CL, Pittbull UL, and Deliverance; a Bogner Ecstasy and Uberschall; a Diezel VH4 and Herbert; a Hughes & Kettner DuoTone and Triamp; a Mesa Mark IV and Stiletto. I've played tons of stuff, and none of it makes me anywhere near as happy as my Roadster.

I guess after all these years, I just finally found my amp. I really can't think of anything I'd rather plug into. Including my old Road King series 1, which isn't even close. I don't think I'm the only one who is this happy.

Cost no object, if you could only own one head, power/preamp combo, or modeler, what would it be? And do you already own it?

Noodles
Division: American Metal without the suck.
kxksales@gmail.com
noodles is offline   Reply With Quote