View Single Post
Unread 06-27-2012, 09:25 PM   #2
Mordacain
1-watt brigadier

Mordacain has much to be proud ofMordacain has much to be proud ofMordacain has much to be proud ofMordacain has much to be proud ofMordacain has much to be proud ofMordacain has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by K4RM4 View Post
So i bought the 4 disk set from MF on a whim because i had some money left over from a birthday gift certificate. I've played guitar for over 8 years, but only within the last 4-6 months have i started to look into basic theory and recording my own material. I have a decent ear i think, meaning i can hear something a few times, think about a simple melody and eventually lock onto the notes by guess and check (not bad for a recording only artist, but horrible for an improve session, :P ). My question is this: Can i expect to learn anything from these disks at my level? or did i just buy 4 disks of great musicians that will sit on my dvd shelf for a while? How should i approach wanting to learn the material from a lesson set like this and should i brush up on things before it gets here or as they pop up on the lessons?

--K4RM4

p.s. SD 2.0 is on its way as well,
Well, I haven't messed with that set in particular, but I did pick up their learn metal guitar offering on a whim. I should preface by saying that I don't really play metal and grew up playing in jam bands so I really didn't have much experience either. Keep that in mind when I say that the introductory basics were so basic that I couldn't even keep interested. I have yet to give the advanced set a whirl but I probably should.

Currently in progress of replacing every guitar I have...piece by piece

- "Unfortunately, our ability for rational thinking is inversely proportionate to our desire to stick our dicks into orifices." - pink freud

- "I don't have all the answers to everything, I'm not God, when I get girls pregnant they aren't virgins anymore." - scottro202
Mordacain is offline   Reply With Quote