View Single Post
Unread 05-16-2012, 04:00 AM   #12
Rook
Electrifying

Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.
Switch your tone control around so instead of having the pot in series and the cap to ground it's the other way, and assuming a 500k pot you need about 3nf cap so that when you turn the pot to max R the roloff's about 100Hz, you wouldnt wanna go much higher than that.

If you're using a switch its very simple.

Chose scale of R in the 10^4-10^5R orders, and plug your resistor value and cutoff into this:
1/(2*pi*R*f) and it'll give you a capacitance value.

Your cap will be in series with your other pot when you engage it, and in s/p with your picks so your cutoff won't be exact what you wanted, probably a little lower.

Just buy a bunch of them round that sort of value and see which you prefer.

Alternatively you could use a voltage follower but you'll have to hook up a battery. This would be the cleanest, most precise way though and would be like having a TS in your guitar lol.

Got questions about anything I've said, done or do? How about pickups, tech, music production or just anything! Check here and ask away!

My project on Facebook: Rook

Click banner below to download my first E.P. for free or pay what you want:
Rook is online now   Reply With Quote