View Single Post
Unread 03-29-2012, 12:45 PM   #1
VBCheeseGrater
not quite a shredder

VBCheeseGrater is a name known to allVBCheeseGrater is a name known to allVBCheeseGrater is a name known to allVBCheeseGrater is a name known to all
Thumbs up The Joy of playing out

Last night my band played at an open mic. It's the first time i've played out in 2+ years due to some health issues. Even at a dive bar open mic with 10 friends a 5 strangers in the audience, the feeling i get from performing surprises me every time. It's a high that lasts well in to the next day. I think it has as much to do with release as much as the stoke factor. I had to spend two hours watching TV and browsing the web afterwards to simmer down a little before hitting the sack.

I would urge anyone who has resigned themselves to bedroom playing to get out there and give it a shot. There's nothing to lose and a great time to be had, not to mention meeting and sharing with other musicians. We played for 30 minutes last night, quite a few floundering moments, cymbals falling over, bad notes (not me i was perfect of course ) - and still had a killer time.

in summary .....
VBCheeseGrater is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by: