Thread: Nylon guitar
View Single Post
Unread 03-23-2012, 08:29 AM   #15
EtherealEntity
Needs more strings

EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scherzo1928 View Post
Hmm, forgot to be helpfull in that last post.

My advice would be to not make it stringthrough, because I've had about 5 high e strings break so far (fixed with a tiny bit of rubber on the back ferrule though) ... one actually left me a surprisingly big scar in my hand. And I've never broken a string on any of my classicals. Maybe look into classical bridges with an under saddle transducer, or get a small piece of rubber .
How about something like ABM bridges with their graphtech saddles? (Like the ones I'm getting on my current Vik) Top loading but also ballend. I also wondered if there was some way to use those saddles but with some kind of classical tied 'tailpiece' behind so as not to have to buy ballend strings. I have it in my mind aesthetically but don't know if it would actually work. I suppose it would - the only problem I can see is break angle or something.

Incase you're wondering...it is your fault, Scherzo, that I have ended up in the Vik queue again..I'll leave it at that
EtherealEntity is offline   Reply With Quote