View Single Post
Unread 03-15-2012, 02:47 PM   #3613
HaMMerHeD
Bass Player in Exile

HaMMerHeD is just really niceHaMMerHeD is just really nice
So I've been spending a lot of time with this really amazing girl. She is pretty much everything I look for: smart, great sense of humor, thoughtful, independent, strong-willed, musical (since and plays guitar), artistic (draws, paints, makes jewelry), and of course beautiful (big brown eyes, red hair, and she smiles with her whole face). She was very close friends with my ex wife (prior to said ex-wife's untimely death), so if there was ever a person who would hate me, it's her. But she doesn't. She really likes me, and tells me frequently how much she likes spending time with me, and how I have had an enriching influence on her life. Also, as she was friends with my ex-wife, she knows all about my daughter, and loves her to death.

Practically every possible "sign" with which I have experience has happened, indicating that she has approximately the same level of interested in me as I have in her. I'm not sure how much more obvious it could get. I even came up with a pet name for her and used it. I figure if she didn't dig me, the pet name would creep her the .... out. But it didn't. She just smiled and said she loved it.

So I am about 99.9% sure she is way into me. I'm pretty sure that some kind of overture would be appreciated and returned, but I'm terrified to actually do it. Mostly, this is because I have had a string of extremely unpleasant failed relationships since my divorce, and I'm not really excited to repeat the experience.

So I guess what it comes down to is that I fear the potentional outcome of entering a relationship with this person. This is, in fact, what I have been in counseling for for about 3 years now. I'm a very analytical and logical person, and I can think of a million bad ways for a relationship to end, but only one way for a good relationship to endure. And those aren't good odds.

Now I've written it out, the trepidation I feel sounds pretty silly to me.
HaMMerHeD is offline   Reply With Quote