View Single Post
Unread 03-13-2012, 12:09 AM   #11
Thrashmanzac
plays in 69/42

Thrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron_rose View Post
yes please details! Great stuff man! The Luthier I met recently here in town uses purple heart instead of truss rods and mentioned using carbon fiber today, I gave him the uneasy eye when mentioned do to it being a new concept for me. I had assumed metal \n/ was the only thing that was feasible "especially for ERG's with the extra whatever it is foot lbs of tension id guess 50 ish for a 8?"

I think its awesome, after reading on it as it turns out this is the classical time honored approach.
yeah i was quite uneasy about it at first, but the luthiers that teach in the construstion class assured me it would be fine, and if ian noyce gives me advice to do with luthiery, i take it i figure with the combination of quartersawn maple and carbon fibre i shouldnt have any issues with the neck. it will only be strung with 46s anyway

...Each guitarist has an evil fat 40 year old blueswankler trying to get out, If you give in to temptation you'll be sitting next to a fender playing john lee hooker while trying to keep your combover in place.

-Desecrated

being black and enjoying watermelon, i think this thread needs more watermelon.
budda
Thrashmanzac is offline   Reply With Quote