View Single Post
Unread 02-29-2012, 11:25 PM   #1
asher
Taokaka BOOM!

asher has much to be proud ofasher has much to be proud ofasher has much to be proud ofasher has much to be proud ofasher has much to be proud ofasher has much to be proud ofasher has much to be proud of
NGD - Blue Ballin' Outta Control

What ever might this be? And what the hell should I use to open it?

Wait, why am I asking? I'm an architecture student. There's only one thing we ever cut with:

Oh, look, I got bubblewrap.

And a hardcase, apparently.

Aaaaand some more bubble wrap. Although, to Adam's credit, when he said "packed so well you might actually be pissed when you unbox it" I was expecting football fields of packing tape.

This is certainly intriguing though...

Oh, it was bubblewrap after all, just with case candy.

NO HOLY SHIT IT'S A JP7 IN A ....ING AWESOME COLOR I'VE NEVER SEEN BEFORE!

A closeup of the only damage on the thing, some plastic surgery FedEx apparently decided to apply at some point in her past.

Some tasty birdseyes.

And the obligatory ass shot:

And the mindless yammering:

Holy cow does she feel awesome. The neck really does feel almost as thin as the BFR I've played. It might be because it's a 7, not a 6, but it feels significantly flatter than the JP6's that I've played. Fret access is a breeze, the neck carve is great, radius feels good, action is low as ...., and the whole guitar has a really nice heft and balance. Also, that arm scoop is amazing, it's exactly where I want it - particularly after playing a PRS SE for the last six months.

Frets could use just a wee bit of polish and the board a wee bit of cleaning, and I should probably restring her, but man. I've been super antsy waiting for the mail to come, since they overshot their ETA by two days and have a wonderful habit of not updating the tracking page until they deliver.
asher is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanked by: