Unread 12-23-2011, 04:12 PM   #1
oneblackened
CROAKIES! CROAKIES!

oneblackened is a jewel in the rough
NGD: 1st seven string, take 2

The guitar
The headstock
all the ....ing packaging

This is an LTD Deluxe H-1007. Got it in a few days ago from MF for way cheap ($650 compared to $800 normally), and to sum it up in a sentence: Beautiful guitar, wonderful quality, and pearl binding everywhere.

It's got EMG's, which I usually don't like in 6 strings but it seems I really enjoy in 7 strings. Neck is more comfy to me than the Ibanez RG7620 that I had. It's similar in thickness but it's a lot rounder and more of a U than the Ibanez's flattened D. Frets are well dressed, polished, and leveled. The locking tuners hold tune quite well and don't warrant replacement with something better any time soon. It's very light, and the top (which you probably can't tell in my awful pictures) is incredibly figured. Only gripe? I thought the binding was white. Turns out it's pearl.
But that's OK, the sheer quality of the guitar more than makes up for it. It's a keeper.

In addition, I have a clip. 7 String Prog Riff by david-fuller on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free
oneblackened is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanked by: