View Single Post
Unread 10-07-2011, 01:26 PM   #8
Mr. Big Noodles
Theory God

Mr. Big Noodles is pretty damn metal.Mr. Big Noodles is pretty damn metal.Mr. Big Noodles is pretty damn metal.Mr. Big Noodles is pretty damn metal.Mr. Big Noodles is pretty damn metal.Mr. Big Noodles is pretty damn metal.Mr. Big Noodles is pretty damn metal.Mr. Big Noodles is pretty damn metal.
I didn't think it was too bad. Perhaps it would be more sensible in a live environment. I'm trying to underscore the aural properties of a few of the individual tones in a scale. That way, what you learn in one scale applies to the others: you hear not only the differences, but also the similarities. You can forget about all of the terminology if it makes it easier, but I encourage internalizing the sound of the individual tones of a scale (particularly in relationship to each other). Half of what I do on the guitar is by ear. I'm only fluent with the note names on the fretboard for a couple of strings, and the rest is harmonic thinking. If my previous post looked like a bunch of jargon, do check out Soldini's book - it's quite different from my own methods and may be of great assistance.
Mr. Big Noodles is offline   Reply With Quote