View Single Post
Unread 08-18-2011, 07:37 PM   #12
HighGain510
Cold As Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimbloth View Post
The dalbergia neck really adds this ultra-crisp and punchy sound to the mix. I believe its a somewhat exotic variant of rosewood, but I'm not sure really.
Negatory sir! Dalbergia is the genus that rosewoods fall under:

Dalbergia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Dalbergia Nigra is the "fancy"/"prized" Brazilian stuff which they ran out of so they changed the name to just "Dalbergia" because people whined when they actually said they were using Mexican rosewood a while back as if that were something negative about the wood. But yeah dalbergia is just the generic family that rosewoods fall under in the plant kingdom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomancer View Post
Nice collection

I'd imagine being able to buy at dealer prices helps take some of the sting out of those
I know right? I'd be a horrible dealer as half the stock I'd order would end up not leaving the shop if I worked with PRS! Pretty sweet perk for sure!

That's a KILLER collection Nick, the PS and the ME are my faves but all four are awesome! How do the 53/10 pickups sound? A lot of guys said they were lower output like the 57/08s I believe? I'd imagine that low-mid output pickups + solid rosewood neck would be a pretty badass combo, then again I love the midrange that RW necks add to the mix regardless!

Guitars: PRS, Thorn, Suhr, Parker, ESP, Schecter
Rig: Fractal Audio Axe-Fx II XL, MFC-101 MK III, Atomic CLR

HighGain510 is offline   Reply With Quote